Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Moving on UP!!

Farther than I expected and right beneath our next target. Of course the Jags might very well be ranked below us after next week (They've got Indy on their plate) so that's interesting stuff.

Another interesting thing to look at (maybe not meaningful but I think still interesting) is where the rest of our schedule is ranked at the moment.

vs Jags (13) above us
at Broncos (6) above us
at Colts (3) above us
vs Packers (19) below us
vs Titans (20) below us
at Jets (5) above us
vs Colts (3) above us
at Bears (31) below us
at Jags (13) above us
vs Browns (17) below us

Now if the ESPN Power Rankings were all knowing and carved in stone the rest of the season they'd have us winning 4 more games to go 7-9. I don't buy it completely though. Weaker teams sneak up and win games in the last quarter of the season that they have no business being in and between now and then a couple of those guys ahead of us are going to stumble (and hopefully we'll be there when it happens).

Remember that hot teams at the start of the season sometimes peak too soon. Who are the guys we'll play over the second half that will stumble down the stretch?

If we come out and beat the Jags at home on Battle Red day then it's a whole new season friends. 4-3 going to Denver sounds good to me.

I cant wait until that denver game,,,dont know who i think will win yet but should have a good feel after we see what we do against jacksonville ! It should be close since our D has really played well the last 3 games !!!!!

Work blocks the Power rankings :(!!! Can someone paste the comment on the Texans at 14 please?
Thanks!

CBS power ratings have the Texans at 15

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

From ESPN
Tuesday, October 19

14 (18) Texans 3-3-0 Looks like this is the year David Carr takes the step up to being an elite QB. Right now he's No. 3 in passing yards (1,641) and No. 7 in passer rating (97.3).

Looks like DC is getting a little respect , well earned. :headbang:

These ratings mean SQUAT come the end of the regular season and play-off berths , but its nice to see the Texans getting a little respect .
Assuming the Texans can split with the Jags and Dolts , 9-6 isnt out of the question , dunno if that is good enough to win the wild card or not but its still a step in the right direction.

Guys...your team has showed an improvement at key areas. that's why your GMO contracted a former Titan Robaire Smith.

Just take things one step at a time, before you see your high expectations dilluted somewhere along the road or at your first game at play-offs.

One step at a time.

By the time us, the Titans, visit you over there...is going to be a heck of a game...and I am sure that the Titans will be much more compenetrated in the execution and game plan, that those games will throw sparks away. :thumbup :boxing:

Good words but forgive the smile I've got on my face and pardon my urge to laugh out loud.

A Titans fan telling us, Houstonians, to be patient and to take it one step at a time.

That's rich.

I don't have a clue of what you are laughing at or talking to.

You got me lost there.

You have to be pulling my leg, right?

What I'm saying, just to be clear about things, is that Houston got the Oilers (Short end of the stick some may say and for the most part I agree with them) and then waited for decades to get within sniffing distance of a Super Bowl. Nashville got the Oilers (Call them whatever you like but they're the same thing and always will be) and in the first year they played IN Nashville they found a way to get to the game. Of course they stalled a yard short as is their tendancy when the pressure is on but they got there.

In the short time that Nashville has been able to call itself an NFL city they've had pretty much nothing but winning seasons and playoff runs. Congrats on that but don't worry about Texans fans getting ahead of themselves. We've been at this game a lot longer than you guys and we understand how long it takes to build a team.

You're about to find out how long it takes in "Bud World" when they go into rebuilding mode. Trust me on this one, it takes a long, long time.

Hervoyel said:
What I'm saying, just to be clear about things, is that Houston got the Oilers (Short end of the stick some may say and for the most part I agree with them) and then waited for decades to get within sniffing distance of a Super Bowl. Nashville got the Oilers (Call them whatever you like but they're the same thing and always will be) and in the first year they played IN Nashville they found a way to get to the game. Of course they stalled a yard short as is their tendancy when the pressure is on but they got there.

In the short time that Nashville has been able to call itself an NFL city they've had pretty much nothing but winning seasons and playoff runs. Congrats on that but don't worry about Texans fans getting ahead of themselves. We've been at this game a lot longer than you guys and we understand how long it takes to build a team.

You're about to find out how long it takes in "Bud World" when they go into rebuilding mode. Trust me on this one, it takes a long, long time.
I stand by every word I say..and you gotta be pulling my leg for sure.

the City of Hosuton DENIED the Oilers the request to build a NEW stadium..and the same City then didn't knew what they lost untill it was gone. And..oh yeah! they created a NEW franchise, they built a NEW stadium....but they didn't care to lost a traditional team. Very laughable.

Don't lie to yourself...there aren't any Oilers now a days, and don't try to tell me nothing about that because I followed the Oilers for 22 years and happily "moved out" with them to Nashville....

If you want to keep lying to yourself, it's your right to do so...but the reality is that there aren't any Oilers so far...there are only the TENNESSEE TITANS...and in your side the Houston Texans.

That one yard short they fell in teh Super Bowl ..... just kinda reminded me of the reception errrr non reception by Mike Renfro in the back of the endzone against the Steelers in the AFC Title game ..... blame it on the Curse of the Smurf Blue . That franchise is held back by one thing , thats the Karma of their owner , bad things happen to bad people.

lol:

As far as you guy's getting the Oilers , yes thats what they are , a spade by any other name is still a spade , we got the better end of the deal . We got rid of Bud and ended up with arguably the best owner in professional sports ! Ya cant beat that with a stick .

:headbang:

As far as you guy's getting the Oilers , yes thats what they are , a spade by any other name is still a spade , we got the better end of the deal . We got rid of Bud and ended up with arguably the best owner in professional sports ! Ya cant beat that with a stick .

:headbang:[/QUOTE]
As far as numbers are conecrned, the Titans had done much much better, than when they were the Oilers...the Oilers NEVER went to a SB...but if for you that is a bad karma....lol....then what the city of Houston has delivered footballwisely in their entire history?

The City of Houston denied to Mr. Adams, the request of building a new stadium...and thanks god the team left that cursed city, because we had achieved much more things at Nashville.

I am a proud fan of the TITANS, and always will be. I don't care if the team gets a negative number in wins/losses...they are the team I cheer for with everything I got..and I am not a Titans fan wth short memory...we were born huge and huge we continue to be.

Many other greater teams of today have had their disastrous seasons (not the Titans case at all) but what about the Packers, 49's, Bengals, Browns, Steelers and Dallas? those teams had really fell from the sky to te ground...are on a rebuliding stage. same happened to the Pats and Eagles..and they are back on business.

What you don't yet realize is that the Oilers have just had the best 5 years that they will ever have. What you need to hope for is the day when Bud Adams will sell the team to somebody else--and, of course, hope it stays in Tennessee. Guys like McNair, George, and Dyson have been great for you, but the party will end and it may be over now. Your team is/has been very good, but your organization is leftover trash.

Good luck in the future. :hehe:

HJam72 said:
What you don't yet realize is that the Oilers have just had the best 5 years that they will ever have. What you need to hope for is the day when Bud Adams will sell the team to somebody else--and, of course, hope it stays in Tennessee. Guys like McNair, George, and Dyson have been great for you, but the party will end and it may be over now. Your team is/has been very good, but your organization is leftover trash.

Good luck in the future. :hehe:
Hmmm....better things are still coming in our way.

Just a reminder...thanks god, George is not playing anymore with us!!! he was an extra weight in the team, just barely getting 3 or some yards averagely in the last three seasons. Now Chris Brown is the second better RB in the NFL...what we lost is dept in the passing..since Tyrone Calico has been injured all season long..and is expected that he weill be added to the IR list, because he has to get his knee under surgery for the second time.

Which Dyson are you talking about? Kevin or Andre?

HJam72 said:
What you don't yet realize is that the Oilers have just had the best 5 years that they will ever have.
I betcha you couldn't convince George Blanda of that.

Titanico said:
As far as numbers are conecrned, the Titans had done much much better, than when they were the Oilers...the Oilers NEVER went to a SB...but if for you that is a bad karma....lol....then what the city of Houston has delivered footballwisely in their entire history?

The City of Houston denied to Mr. Adams, the request of building a new stadium...and thanks god the team left that cursed city, because we had achieved much more things at Nashville.
Hmm as soon as that SOB got his new stadium, the team started doing well. I think the city saw right through that and was willing to part ways with him. :cool:

But hey what happened happened, we have a new team we love, you have a team you love so lets just keep this friendly rivalry going.

nflpowerrankings.jpg

si.com

12 (now) 15 (was) Houston Texans (3-3)
They're a young team, so they'll continue to break your heart one week and gladden it the next. They play with passion. They're fun to watch. Wish their O-line was better.

Interesting fact. Every team in the AFC South is in the top 15.

Reddevil63 said:
Hmm as soon as that SOB got his new stadium, the team started doing well. I think the city saw right through that and was willing to part ways with him. :cool:

But hey what happened happened, we have a new team we love, you have a team you love so lets just keep this friendly rivalry going.
I hope that many txans fans think like you do, is my hope as well...to keep things friendly.

The truth is that there are many reasons from many texans fans, to hate us.

If and when both teams are in strong and winning seasons...the Titans-Texans games are about to become the most hated rivalries of all time.
Forget about the Raiders-Denver harsh confrontations, this one is going to say "excuse me, we are harsher".

I am willing to talk about football in an objective way, but then there are some that are blinded by the hate they feel against us, and nonsense comes alive and quickly.

So lets see. :thumbup

Titanico said:
I stand by every word I say..and you gotta be pulling my leg for sure.

the City of Hosuton DENIED the Oilers the request to build a NEW stadium..and the same City then didn't knew what they lost untill it was gone. And..oh yeah! they created a NEW franchise, they built a NEW stadium....but they didn't care to lost a traditional team. Very laughable.

The city knew what it was losing and we accepted it after Bud had first threatened to move the team to Jacksonville and a few years later to Tennessee.

BullPenAndy eloquently sums the way most of us feel in a song he wrote after this momentous occasion.

"It was a sad day in November when we heard the disturbing news. We all knew it was coming but still it gave us all the blues. Bud was moving the Oilers cause Houston wasn't gonna pay. He found a new home in Nashville and he moved our team away.

But I say thank you and I 'm sorry to Nashville, Tennessee. Sorry you got stuck with Bud but thanks for taking him from me. Bud doesn't care about your city, he only cares about your money. Thank you and I'm sorry Nashville, Tennessee."

By the way, WTF does this mean??
Titanico said:
And..oh yeah! they created a NEW franchise, they built a NEW stadium....but they didn't care to lost a traditional team. Very laughable.

Titanico said:
Just a reminder...thanks god, George is not playing anymore with us!!! he was an extra weight in the team, just barely getting 3 or some yards averagely in the last three seasons. Now Chris Brown is the second better RB in the NFL...

I do agree with you completely there, except that George was a good back for you at one time. I always thought he was too slow to the hole, myself, but he was a workhorse. I can't take that away from him. He was also an EXCELLENT pass blocker.

You asked about which Dyson, but I was just throwing his name in. I don't really remember. I used to watcht he Titans when they first went to Tennessee (hey, I had to root for somebody and I still liked McNair and Kearse a lot), but I've forgotten a lot about them now.

Back