Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Minicamp situation?

pittbull

Rookie
Has anyone heard of the progress the team is making. What does Carr look like. Is Johnson back, better thanever. What about Gaffney, did he add any size in the offseason? How are the rookies transitioning? I'm itching up here ya'll!

Just make sure you're not itching down there. Ha Ha, J/K. Not really a whole lot of information coming out right now but I can tell you David Carr has mentioned that the overall attitude and confidence (team chemistry) is just coming together real well.

The Texans site has a great mini-camp section with several audio and video cuts. The overall theme is that the staff is very positive about the way things are shaking up and excellent team chemistry has been noted by several of the players, DC, and CC. Of intrest Bruener and Wade both mentioned that they were pleasantly surprised how tight the lockeroom is.

I know that DD has added some weight and DC noted that he demonstrated better power and acceleration as well.

Nice info on DD. Hope he runs over even more people en route to scoring more than he did last year!

Heard that Gary Walker and Todd Wade mixed it up. Two stud bucks.

On OFFENSE, Big Seth Wand packed on some muscle and had Capers putting him with the first team O. If Chester moves to guard, with a healthy Zach and a McKinney and Wade, a few nice holes should open up for DD, and also provide time for Carr to hook-up with AJ, Bradford, Gaffney, Miller, or Joppru.

Wand * Pitts * McKinney * Wiegert * Wade * Bruener (Offensive Line B+)
Carr * DD * AJ * Bradford * Gaffney (Backs & Receivers A-)

NICE.

Also, on DEFENSE, as reported by Capers was the fact that Seth Payne is healthy and should be available at the start of training camp.....GREAT news!

Walker * Payne * Smith (Defensive line = A+)
Babin * Foreman * Sharper * Wong (Linebackers = B+)
Robinson * Coleman * Brown * Glenn (Defensive Backs = B+)

Being completely blinded by the battle red and steel blue, will someone please objectively point out the weakest link in the Texans roster?

Because, save experience, I see nothing but potential with our team; and sometimes, within a team setting, everyone need not be experienced to succeed. That's my hope anyway.

From houstontexans.com, Carr sat out today with pain in his leg so Ragone took all the snaps. Marcus Coleman continued his ball-hawking from the FS position:

Ragone threw heavily in all the drills and led the offense in the two-minute drill at the end of practice. He got the offense inside the 20 with seven seconds left before getting picked off by free safety Marcus Coleman in the end zone on a pass intended for wide receiver Andre Johnson.

Any info on the extent of Carr's leg? Nevermind, just read it, said it was only soreness, sorry.

I think Bruener is a huge addition to this team if he can stay healthy. He's got a few years on him but man what a class guy, and great pass and run protector. I doubt he lasts all season but he kinda makes your forget about Miller, Kent and all the other guys we've had playing the position who would have never started for any other team but ours.

SESupergenius said:
I think Bruener is a huge addition to this team if he can stay healthy. He's got a few years on him but man what a class guy, and great pass and run protector. I doubt he lasts all season but he kinda makes your forget about Miller, Kent and all the other guys we've had playing the position who would have never started for any other team but ours.
miller mould start on alot of teams but only in the passing downs And he would be a full time startwe in denver now.

__V__ said:
Denver cut Miller. He wouldn't be starting at a place that wouldn't have him.

When you have Shannon Sharpe as TE it get's pretty easy to cut a guy like Billy don't you think? Not saying that he would have started but I suspect that he would get some solid playing time and would have had a shot at starting.

Back