Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Matt Stevens in the HOF

Fiddy

All Pro
The Appalachian State Athletics Hall of Fame, that is
Football players Clayton Deskins, Bobby Russell, Matt Stevens, soccer player Mark Schwartz and women’s basketball coach Linda Robinson will be inducted in a ceremony on Sept. 11 at the Broyhill Inn.
Matt Stevens (football, 1991-95) Stevens was a two-time consensus All-American in 1994-95. He ranks second in career interceptions with 21 and holds the ASU single-season record with 10 interceptions in 1994.

His 18 tackles vs. The Citadel on Oct. 3, 1992 is still tied for the most tackles by a defensive back in one game in Appalachian State history. He paced the SoCon with 13 pass deflections in 1994. In 1993, Stevens had 10 pass breakups, six interceptions and 70 tackles.

A member of the Appalachian State All-time 75th anniversary football team, Stevens was drafted in the third round by the Buffalo Bills. Stevens also was a member of the 2002 Super Bowl champion New England Patriots and played last year for the Houston Texans.
http://www.wataugademocrat.com/topic.php?tid=15&sid=4384

i'm not celebrating...are you kidding?

in pop warner i was taught how to WRAP UP...PUT MY FACE MASK BETWEEN THE NUMBERS...AND DRIVE! this guy along with how many others never learned that and were paid how much?

arent there coaches and assistant coaches and assistants assistants who should be teaching these players proper technique? matt stevens tackling technique is the best of the "what not to do" video...and he gets a pro career,money, notiriety, and the hall of fame? please. :crazy:

Oh aj ..
affection.gif

Back