Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Marcus Vick--Trouble Again

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick has been charged with reckless driving and possession of marijuana, state police said Tuesday.

Vick, the brother of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, was stopped by a state trooper early Saturday morning on an interstate about 25 miles east of Richmond.

Vick was clocked on radar at 86 mph, 21 mph above the speed limit, state police spokesman Gary B. Payne said.

"As a result of the traffic stop, he also was charged with possession of marijuana," Payne said.

Both charges are misdemeanors, he said.

In May, Marcus Vick was convicted of misdemeanors stemming from a drinking party with underage girls.

He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $2,250 on three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor after he and two teammates gave alcohol to 14- and 15-year-old girls at the players' apartment.

Not having learned his lesson from avoiding more serious statutory rape charges just a few months ago, this ding-dong is out speeding with pot in his car. He is rapidly working himself from someone likely drafted higher than his college performance based on his brother to tumbling down the draft board--kiss those millions goodbye.

I saw that Vick, Mike Imoh (RB), and Brenden Hill (WR), all received three game suspensions.

wags said:
I saw that Vick, Mike Imoh (RB), and Brenden Hill (WR), all received three game suspensions.

That was from the drinking incident with the girls. Plan on further suspensions being announced for Vick now.

If you don't mind blowing thousands or even millions in draft value. If you look at your seeding as you do a stock then every time the NFL questions if you can be trusted as a mature adult, you become closer to a junk bond.

If I was Mike Vick right now, I'd take Marcus aside and have a brief convo with him that will go something like this:
Mike: You wanna see something?
Marcus: Yeah, what is it?
Mike: (pulls out latest bank statement) Do you want those many digits in your bank account???
Marcus: Yeah
Mike: Then stop ******* up.

Fiddy said:
If I was Mike Vick right now, I'd take Marcus aside and have a brief convo with him that will go something like this:
Mike: You wanna see something?
Marcus: Yeah, what is it?
Mike: (pulls out latest bank statement) Do you want those many digits in your bank account???
Marcus: Yeah
Mike: Then stop ******* up.
then marcus takes the blunt out of his mouth for a moment and says "yeah mike (cough cough) that's a good idea, I'll do it tomorrow

Wait..is this new? Because I swear he was stopped for the same thing like 6 months ago...

*EDIT* Nevermind...7-7-2004...I was correct.

i read in the washington post that if he stayed out of trouble he would be let back into school, but i don't know how he did.

TEXANS84 said:
Wait..is this new? Because I swear he was stopped for the same thing like 6 months ago...

*EDIT* Nevermind...7-7-2004...I was correct.

I looked on ESPN and did a GOOGLE search and could not find anything new. Unless someone can provide a link otherwise, this must be the same story as the charge from last year. As I recall Vick was suspended from the team and school until the 2005 season. He was not even permitted to associate with any of the team members during that period. I remember thinking this was a harsh punishment because in many instances this type of punishment would just send a kid back to the ghetto where he would be exposed to all types of bad influences until the fall season. At least Vick has an older brother who theoretically could provide the financial support and guidance to get through this difficult period. It would be ashame if this were a new charge.

Back