Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Main Street Access to Yellow 8/15/2011

CC-DockRat

We Start at 5AM
Hey hey...

Season Ticket holder since 2006 and yellow "lotter" since 2007.

We usually get there moderately early as in 3 hours before kickoff. Yesterday we were running pretty late and got in line to get into Yellow going North on Main at about 6:15. Is it normal at that time for the 2nd right turn lane to enter yellow to be a through lane only?

I followed 3 different signs indicating "Two Lanes right turn" but got shoo'ed through when we got to the gate. Is this normal or is HPD just completely confused?

Myself and the next 5 or 6 cars behind us got sent on by. Any insight?

Hey hey...

Season Ticket holder since 2006 and yellow "lotter" since 2007.

We usually get there moderately early as in 3 hours before kickoff. Yesterday we were running pretty late and got in line to get into Yellow going North on Main at about 6:15. Is it normal at that time for the 2nd right turn lane to enter yellow to be a through lane only?

I followed 3 different signs indicating "Two Lanes right turn" but got shoo'ed through when we got to the gate. Is this normal or is HPD just completely confused?

Myself and the next 5 or 6 cars behind us got sent on by. Any insight?

Same thing happened to me. In the past season there were two turning lanes as the signs indicated, and we always stayed in the outside lane and turned into the stadium. Last night, after being directed to keep straignt, we ended up going to the next street (don't recall the name) and turned in there and made the right turn into the parking lot. We were directed to park in the first lane to the right which was a little walking distance, but did not have any backup traffic getting out of the parking lot when leaving.

I think they changed traffic flow - access to Platinum is now only available if you're north bound on Kirby. Used to be able to turn left if you were south bound. It was blocked off.

The problem is, if they continue the one lane access...In the regular season, we are going to have 4 times as many cars in line and the parking is going to take an hour just to get IN! First few games is always a parking nightmare.

Back