Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Lucky's one and only 2022 Texans mock

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
There will be trades. But I'm not going to predict all of the parties involved or the pick number they may end up with. Just the general area.

Walker and Hutch go 1-2. The Texans consider a CB, but they wait until latter. Ickey and Neal are the decision point, and the meds and the "culture" fit lean to the NC prospect.

# 3 Ikem Okwonu - OL - North Carolina State

092ad6b7040978a42b58ee60bca7d5e4

Trade Alert*

Texans jump ahead of the Vikings, and move up 2 spots to #11. The CB is there. Texans swap their lower 3rd for Commander's 4th, as well.

#11 Derek Stingley - CB - LSU

USATSI_16785983.jpg

Trade alert*
Texans have multiple players on the board and are willing to move down. A team that missed out at WR in the 1st wants to move up to #37 and has a 3rd to use. It's almost 20 picks away, so Nick gets an additional 2023 3rd out of them.

It's late 2nd Round - Lovie still wants a pass rusher. But, Pep needs a RB to take pressure of Mills. The pick is in.

2nd Round - Kenneth Walker - RB - Michigan State

AAWi6Jd.img

Nick takes calls at #68. But Lovie wants his guy. Lovie recruiting him while he was HC at Illinois, but couldn't bag him. 2nd time's a charm.

#68 DeAngelo Malone - Edge - Western Kentucky

gprowipk4pyg51zybmn3

3rd Round - No calls on this pick, and there are two players that Nick really likes. Pep wants one badly.

Jeremy Ruckert - TE - Ohio State

7aba776d55cce37c652e26b0acdbebc6

Trade alert*
Still in 3rd - Lovie wants Nick to move up and get his guy. Nick can't find a trading partner. Suddenly an old buddy calls up to get out of his pick. He's made a major trade this offseason and is pick poor. The cost is 2 of the Texans' now three 4th round picks. Nick asks "How 'bout I toss in a 6th for old times?" Deal. The pick is in.

Brian Asamoah - LB - Oklahoma

https:%2F%2Fgmenhq.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1356940727.jpeg

It's Day 3 and the phone's been ringing off the hook. Teams are calling about the 2nd pick in the 4th, but everyone has decided to take the pick.

#107 Thomas Booker - DT - Stanford

It's been a long wait from the top of the 4th to the 5th round. Frank Ross and Ben McDaniels are nervous and urging Nick to move up. Nick tries, but finds no takers. Yet, the guy they hoping for continues to drop and remains on the board @ #170. The pick is in.

#170 - Bo Melton - WR - Rutgers

The Patriots have always been able to find interior linemen in the late rounds, and that's what is on Nick's radar. He's found one out of an FCS powerhouse.

#207 Cordell Volson - OG - North Dakota State

Day 3 draft has come to a close for the Texans. Time to hit the phones for the UDFA signings.

Very solid

Adds badly needed speed to the defense and improves the run game. Love the Melton pick. Also like the Ruckert pick. I dont want to spend a high pick on a RB in this draft.

Last edited:
Right about Stingley intentions (better value).
Took Booker later Stingley earlier but now both Texans.
Green vs Ekwonu. Green more polished.

Right about Stingley intentions (better value).
Took Booker later Stingley earlier but now both Texans.
Green vs Ekwonu. Green more polished.

How might the OL look this season if the Texans had gone with Ekwonu instead of Stingley?

2 new and above average guards in between Tunsil, Britt, and Howard. But, I’m happy with this draft.

How might the OL look this season if the Texans had gone with Ekwonu instead of Stingley?

2 new and above average guards in between Tunsil, Britt, and Howard. But, I’m happy with this draft.

positional value alone would have killed that draft. Edge or CB is the more valued skilled position you target early. Clearly Tunsil extension played significant role.

would like to know, if anyone has heard or read, if Texans entertained trade offers for 3rd overall pick? If Stingley was their target, could have dropped down and still got him (not #13 either, that would be absolute floor).

positional value alone would have killed that draft. Edge or CB is the more valued skilled position you target early. Clearly Tunsil extension played significant role.

would like to know, if anyone has heard or read, if Texans entertained trade offers for 3rd overall pick? If Stingley was their target, could have dropped down and still got him (not #13 either, that would be absolute floor).

Caserio said before the draft that it was unlikely they would be able to trade down from 3, but would be able to trade down from 13.

I'm on record, I would've taken Neal at 3 and Green at 13 and my ol would have been fixed for years to come.

Back