Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Lovie Smith Fired

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
I was just about to mention his post game interview.

I was thinking at the time I was listening that he sounded kind of silly.
I felt bad for him every time he had to do a press conference. There's nothing he could ever say that could be elevated above ridicule. Just a bad situation all around. It's a shame because he's a really good guy and at one time was a decent coach.

texanhead08

All Pro
All the most recent hires that have been good around the league are young hungry guys and the Texans hire back to back old dudes that had no business getting the job. Then they fire them after one year and cost themselves a boatload of money in the process.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Casserio stays so he can botch another HC search. The good news is he thinks there are plenty of injury prone guys to choose among in the 23 draft.
So long Lovie you SOB that gave us the finger on the way out the door. Lost all respect for his sorry ass today. Take Pep with you and dont cone back.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Not unexpected…he was supposed to be tge upgrade from Culley b/c he had experience. He instead managed to win less games & the team took an overall step back.

i hoped for the best, but I didn’t care for the hire to begin with.

Texans G.M. Nick Caserio says firing Lovie Smith was “best decision for us at this time”
“On behalf of the entire organization, I would like to thank Lovie Smith for everything he has contributed to our team over the last two seasons as a coach and a leader,” Caserio said in a statement issued on Sunday night. “I’m consistently evaluating our football operation and believe this is the best decision for us at this time. It is my responsibility to build a comprehensive and competitive program that can sustain success over a long period of time. We aren’t there right now, however, with the support of the McNair family and the resources available to us, I’m confident in the direction of our football program moving forward.”

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Casserio stays so he can botch another HC search. The good news is he thinks there are plenty of injury prone guys to choose among in the 23 draft.
So long Lovie you SOB that gave us the finger on the way out the door. Lost all respect for his sorry ass today. Take Pep with you and dont cone back.
If Gannon is the hire and he brings Reich/Zimmer with him as OC/DC would you be happy with the hire? McDaniels and Ross have ties with Gannon.

Porky

Hall of Fame
If Gannon is the hire and he brings Reich/Zimmer with him as OC/DC would you be happy with the hire? McDaniels and Ross have ties with Gannon.
im not wild about Gannon. Period. Its another meh pick that we will be regretting soon enough but Reich and Zimmer helps. When Gannon is fired midseason you have two guys to choose from to move the program forward.

more interested in the Lions OC or Ryans among others for our program. I am all about the program after that flat org structure. We love our buzzwords.

come join us in our flat program.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I felt bad for him every time he had to do a press conference. There's nothing he could ever say that could be elevated above ridicule. Just a bad situation all around. It's a shame because he's a really good guy and at one time was a decent coach.
His years at Chicago, he had a team overflowing with elite talent...........success ran itself, independent of any HC. Unfortunely, after that, it was quite evident that without the top talent saturated roster, he was quickly found to have reached the Peter Principle.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Lovie has been terrible his last 3 jobs he was lucky to get these chances.
Right. And he wasn't even supposed to be the HC here until the Texans screwed the pooch on that for a 2nd time in a row.

Are we looking for another “bridge” coach, or a real one?
Won't know until we see who they hire. I'd prefer to get a real one in and get the ball rolling. Of course, I currently have no faith in Caserio putting a roster together that amounts to something halfway decent. Sucks that we can't completely clean house. There always has to be leftovers.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Black coaches always get the worse jobs unless you're Mike Tomlin

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
im not wild about Gannon. Period. Its another meh pick that we will be regretting soon enough but Reich and Zimmer helps. When Gannon is fired midseason you have two guys to choose from to move the program forward.

more interested in the Lions OC or Ryans among others for our program. I am all about the program after that flat org structure. We love our buzzwords.

come join us in our flat program.
After seeing 3 assistant coaches rumored to be coming to Kirby, I'm excited about the hire. The Lions OC is intriguing and there's no way in hadies Ryans will come to Kirby, nor would the McNair's want him too.

Philly's defense has looked pretty good to me. What dont you like about Gannon. I do believe the Lions OC will get an interview.