Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Houston NFL fans have waited for 50 years for a quarterback with Watson's skills to come along, and what happens? Ass blast.
We've had better QB's in Houston including 2 HOF QB's. Even though 1 of those HOF QB's shrunk on the big stage.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Needs to be mucho restructure to eliminate the $65 m above the cap plus additional $15 m or so when they restructure Watson's. I do not see the Saints as a significant player in that particular sweepstake.
Ummm…I kinda laid that out in my post sir…Furthermore, I don’t see why they wouldn’t be significant players. Regardless of whether they go after DW4 or not, Those restructure HAVE to happen just for them to get under the cap. Might as well try to add a franchise qb while doing it.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I started reading this post and was thinking, "is SteelB going to give Moon a compliment?" and then the final sentence and backhanded compliment. Too funny.
Truth hurts sometimes

Being the QB of a team that blew the biggest lead in playoff history says all you need to know. He shouldn't be in the HOF for that reason alone. I dont care about the records/TD's/yds thrown for etc.... Kinda reminds me of another QB that will soon be exiting Kirby.

And yes, I'm jaded.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Truth hurts sometimes

Being the QB of a team that blew the biggest lead in playoff history says all you need to know. He shouldn't be in the HOF for that reason alone. I dont care about the records/TD's/yds thrown for etc.... Kinda reminds me of another QB that will soon be exiting Kirby.

And yes, I'm jaded.
So his freaking HC/OC didn’t go ultra conservative? I mean you do know that’s the true reason why Hopkins isn’t a Texans anymore? Bill O’Brien started calling the game very vanilla thinking he had the game won.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So his freaking HC/OC didn’t go ultra conservative? I mean you do know that’s the true reason why Hopkins isn’t a Texans anymore? Bill O’Brien started calling the game very vanilla thinking he had the game won.
They kept running the offense they ran the entire year. Bottom line is Moon was the leader of the team that blew the biggest lead in playoff history. I repeat History.

That wasn't the reason Hopkins was traded. Where do you come up with this stuff? Go back and read that thread. You might learn something, probably not
Let the rumors build up knowing darn well he might be doing some jail time.
If it's proved he was doing that crap with minors, he should do time.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
With Miami firing their head coach, if/when DW is available to be traded, they might not be as interested in him as they've been under Flores.
I thought it was the owner more than the HC who was interested in DW.
I had heard it was Flores that was against a Watson trade. Flores kept telling the media that Tua was his guy, while Ross was trying to trade for Watson.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Ummm…I kinda laid that out in my post sir…Furthermore, I don’t see why they wouldn’t be significant players. Regardless of whether they go after DW4 or not, Those restructure HAVE to happen just for them to get under the cap. Might as well try to add a franchise qb while doing it.
I should have placed the little "agreey" thingy somewhere in my post about cap. I just don't agree on them being more than an "interested party" not a true player.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I am not sure why Watson changed his mind about the Jets if they were ever on his radar. In my opinion they would be a prime candidate as they have two high first-round and second-round picks. They have enough draft picks to get DW and laremy tunsil from me. I could see the owner Desiring to snatch a franchise quarterback away from division opponent Miami and also wiggle his ears at the Giants.
1.4 and 1.8 for Watson
2.35 and 38 and 3.69 for Tunsil. I would be good with one of their fours for Cook and the other for Lonnie to average it all out. Jets get franchise QB, pro bowler LT, 1,000 yard rusher that DW likes and a 3INT corner that can play safety. That's a great haul.
the more I ponder this I just cannot get past Dolphins' round one and either Howard or their round two for Tunsil. Everything: cap space, dire need, feeling of getting over on Houston AGAIN plus having the trade assets shout Miami to me. I still am looking for clues if the Xavian Howard thing is going to blow up again this off season. Byron Jones will make about $1.5 m more in 2022; doesn't have the stats and Howard was named to pro bowl again. Ross has the dinero to placate X but will he? He could use the 2nd rounder for a solid corner.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
With the Flores firing, Watson's dreams of Miami may have just taken a hike.

What Brian Flores' firing means for any potential Deshaun Watson-to-Dolphins trade

Written By Joe Rivera

Things went fins down in Miami in 2021.

The Dolphins pulled off the first stunner on Black Monday, firing head coach Brian Flores after a 9-8 season.

The decision to fire Flores, though, impacts more than just the players currently on the team. According to reports, Flores hitting the unemployment line could greatly upset Houston quarterback Deshaun Watson, who wanted to be in Miami.

The Dolphins made overtures to the Texans about a Watson trade earlier in the season, with the quarterback reportedly labeling the Dolphins as one of the teams he would waive his no-trade clause to join.

That could change: Flores was a preeminent reason why Watson wanted to be in Miami, per reports, and with Flores now out, it's unclear if Watson would still favor Miami.

THE REST OF THE STORY

Attachments

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

What Brian Flores' firing means for any potential Deshaun Watson-to-Dolphins trade

Written By Joe Rivera

The Dolphins pulled off the first stunner on Black Monday, firing head coach Brian Flores after a 9-8 season.

The decision to fire Flores, though, impacts more than just the players currently on the team. According to reports, Flores hitting the unemployment line could greatly upset Houston quarterback Deshaun Watson, who wanted to be in Miami.

The Dolphins made overtures to the Texans about a Watson trade earlier in the season, with the quarterback reportedly labeling the Dolphins as one of the teams he would waive his no-trade clause to join.

That could change: Flores was a preeminent reason why Watson wanted to be in Miami, per reports, and with Flores now out, it's unclear if Watson would still favor Miami.

THE REST OF THE STORY
More clickbait... quiting himself for even more clickbait

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I had heard it was Flores that was against a Watson trade. Flores kept telling the media that Tua was his guy, while Ross was trying to trade for Watson.
Yep. Flores was the reason why Watson was willing to wave his NTC. Now, both sides apparently are losing interest.

Watson is the Goldilocks QB and has to find his perfect team before he waives that NTC. He holds most of the cards if the Texans are not willing to cut him and lose that potential draft capital.

2022 is a game of chicken between Kyle and Deshaun. That looming $35 million is certainly a deadline for the Texans.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Yep. Flores was the reason why Watson was willing to wave his NTC. Now, both sides apparently are losing interest.

Watson is the Goldilocks QB and has to find his perfect team before he waives that NTC. He holds most of the cards if the Texans are not willing to cut him and lose that potential draft capital.

2022 is a game of chicken between Kyle and Deshaun. That looming $35 million is certainly a deadline for the Texans.
The legal problems for Watson have more to do with why he hasn’t been moved yet. Nothing that Cal is doing.

A deal would have been done if he settled the cases prior to the trade deadline. All but 3 were done supposedly. (Edit - this has been pointed out that this was inaccurate as reported by reporters. Surprise!)

The owner wanted Watson more than anyone including the GM and HC.

The HC could have been moved to create alignment for Watson.

The HC could have been moved because the owner is a big fan of Harbaugh, and I think the owner is a Michigan alum.

Bunch of speculation at this point.

Last edited:

djohn2oo8

All Pro
The legal problems for Watson have more to do with why he hasn’t been moved yet. Nothing that Cal is doing.

A deal would have been done if he settled the cases prior to the trade deadline. All but 3 were done supposedly.

The owner wanted Watson more than anyone including the GM and HC.

The HC could have been moved to create alignment for Watson.

The HC could have been moved because the owner is a big fan of Harbaugh, and I think the owner is a Michigan alum.

Bunch of speculation at this point.
Corrosion has stated about the supposed settlements that it wasn’t true.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Written By Joe Rivera

THE REST OF THE STORY
Is Joe Rivera more reputable than Rappaport or Glazer?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

The game of chicken is happening between Derrick/Grand Jury and Buzbee/Hardin.

Depending on how his turns out Derrick will either be traded/eventually put in Jail or in the middle put on the CEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.