Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan279

Hall of Fame

What say you?
Who knows how much truth there is to this. But, if there was an offer of three 1st's and three 3rd's and they didn't jump all over that offer, someone needs to be fired. It's well known Watson doesn't want to play another snap for this team and no one knows if and when Wataon will be done with his legal troubles. I hope the Texans aren't holding out for a Herschel Walker type trade, or they may get caught with their pants down depending on what happens with Watson off the field.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
3 1sts is just the base line u gotta sweetin the deal a little more then that ..... texans just gotta wait till a team is desprate or has a injury at qb

also i gave up on trying to get Jesus jack fired obvs he has some pictures or something on the mcnair family and has a locked steel job security sooo... yeah we just gotta live with him ..... someone had a sign tho at the game today saying like **** jack easterby

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Who knows how much truth there is to this. But, if there was an offer of three 1st's and three 3rd's and they didn't jump all over that offer, someone needs to be fired. It's well known Watson doesn't want to play another snap for this team and no one knows if and when Wataon will be done with his legal troubles. I hope the Texans aren't holding out for a Herschel Walker type trade, or they may get caught with their pants down depending on what happens with Watson off the field.
What if they turned it down because of Watson's NTC?

texan279

Hall of Fame
What if they turned it down because of Watson's NTC?
So Watson doesn't want to play here. But then he doesn't waive his no trade clause to get out? I highly doubt that. If he wants out like has been reported, he should be happy to get out of here. I can't see him sitting there telling the front office he won't play here, and then refuse to waive his NTC. Not like he can sit there and wait for a trade offer from the team of his choosing. I highly doubt that is happening. I'd bet he would go to any team that would trade for him right now, to get away from the Texans and the city of Houston.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This report wasBS.

texan279

Hall of Fame
The reason why you now wait until after the season to trade DW4 is after today the Vikings, Giants, Falcons, Dolphins, Panthers, Broncos, Saints, Washington, and Steelers will need a QB.
IF they had an offer of three 1sts and three 3rds, then why wait? A year is way too long to wait. What if Watson is sent to prison before then? Breaks his leg playing basketball? Drowns after a jet ski accident? A year is too long to wait if they had an offer of three 1sts.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
What if it was turned down because the picks were gone if Watson went to jail or was suspended?

The picks may have only been there if nothing happened. The contingent offer hasn’t been disclosed.

If this is true in the first place.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
The Texans are in a no win situation unless they guess right or have inside info. Any post fact critics will have the benefit of knowing how DW's legal situation plays out.

If they accept a lowball offer and and he's charged/convicted/goes to prison, great move. If he's cleared and goes on to have a great career, what a dumbass decision.
If they wait for a king's ransom, as they appear to be doing now, it's the other way around.

So, personally, I have no problem with the fact that they chose the path with the higher upside. I'm not going to lament the potentially lost picks if they can't trade him because of the legal stuff.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The reason why you now wait until after the season to trade DW4 is after today the Vikings, Giants, Falcons, Dolphins, Panthers, Broncos, Saints, Washington, and Steelers will need a QB.
God I hope the Pervert didn't do what I think he did.

The Texans are in a no win situation unless they guess right or have inside info. Any post fact critics will have the benefit of knowing how DW's legal situation plays out.

If they accept a lowball offer and and he's charged/convicted/goes to prison, great move. If he's cleared and goes on to have a great career, what a dumbass decision.
If they wait for a king's ransom, as they appear to be doing now, it's the other way around.

So, personally, I have no problem with the fact that they chose the path with the higher upside. I'm not going to lament the potentially lost picks if they can't trade him because of the legal stuff.
It's a gamble.

I believe as of right now he's untradeable. So anything they get for this POS is a bonus.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Yes, I believe the 2 mamma's talked and Mamma Watson convinced Mamma McNair that her boy would change if they just moved that dirty old Hopkins out of town. Plus from a marketing angle extending him was the right thing to do and of course when you do the wrong things for the wrong reasons things typically blowup in you're face. I fully believe (Have no proof) that Hopkins was traded because Hopkins/3rd String QB were doing some shady stuff and in typical Texans fashion for monetary reasons the McNair's took half measures when it came to taking the trash out down on Kirby.

I believe Easterby let Cal know what was going on and are you surprised that Palcic's job has been filled? I've got no doubt that she was good at her job. But lets be honest her position isn't a hard position to fill. This was just another attempt by the media to make Easterby look bad, even though Rootes is the person who fired Palcic.

Even though I disagree with this, it's like free speech you can say whatever you want, but you should be careful about what you say because what you say can and will cost you your job.
You're doing alot of speculating.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I highly doubt you or anyone else on this board knew what Watson was doing. I highly doubt the Texans knew either. Its pure speculation and assumptions.
Not to the 30 some odd women and counting extent. But there's posters on this MB that knew. I'm sure the McNair's knew something was up.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Not to the 30 some odd women and counting extent. But there's posters on this MB that knew. I'm sure the McNair's knew something was up.
You dont give someone that kind of money and have questions about their character. They didn't know at all. I don't think the operate at the highest level of thinking, but I doubt they're that dumb. If an organization has any doubt, they put clauses and stipulations in the contract, not give a no trade clause. They didn't know just like nobody on this board knew.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You dont give someone that kind of money and have questions about their character. They didn't know at all. I don't think the operate at the highest level of thinking, but I doubt they're that dumb. If an organization has any doubt, they put clauses and stipulations in the contract, not give a no trade clause. They didn't know just like nobody on this board knew.
They're that dumb

They thought it was no big deal and it wasn't until women started filing complaints in mass.

Cal gambled on his most marketable player and lost. Like I said, some on this MB knew some of the things he was doing long before these complaints came out.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
So Watson doesn't want to play here. But then he doesn't waive his no trade clause to get out? I highly doubt that. If he wants out like has been reported, he should be happy to get out of here. I can't see him sitting there telling the front office he won't play here, and then refuse to waive his NTC. Not like he can sit there and wait for a trade offer from the team of his choosing. I highly doubt that is happening. I'd bet he would go to any team that would trade for him right now, to get away from the Texans and the city of Houston.
Why (for the most part) can't he?

texan279

Hall of Fame
Why (for the most part) can't he?
Because something is going to happen sooner or later regarding the lawsuits. Plus, the NFL and McNairs will not let this go on forever. I'm sure they're waiting for whatever is going to happen with his legal issues. He can't fill a roster spot season after season while getting paid and not seeing the field.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
First reading the article note they don't say which team made the offer. I have not heard anywhere from anyone that anybody offered even close to three 1sts once Watson's legal issues came out and if it was before that then it doesn't matter because the NFL would have nixxed the trade anyway. Even right now there is no way on God's green Earth that the NFL would allow him to be traded. Second as far as Watson goes several reports have said that the main reason Philly isn't in the running is because he said he wouldn't play there so yeah even though he doesn't want to play for the Texans he doesn't/isn't waving his NTC. Which is why I said that unless they get the right deal if his legal issues clear up and he can play again then Texans should make him suit up and play. If he refuses suspend him and then you don't have to pay him and freeze his contract.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Even right now there is no way on God's green Earth that the NFL would allow him to be traded.
Any trade made before his legal issues were made public, I'm sure the league would have nixed. Issues surrounding what the Texans knew & when would be too much to navigate.

But now, everybody knows what's what. If a trade were made now, I assume the league would believe they know what they are getting into.

They could & should put enough "conditional" language into the deal to reflect their understanding.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Simply amazing what can come out of your bag of excuses.
What excuses?

That post was in reference to posters saying Glazer wasn't a quality source, when he said there was dysfunction within the Texans org. Which there clearly was dysfunction.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of some posters. Whether I agree with him or not, Glazer's a very credible source.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Any trade made before his legal issues were made public, I'm sure the league would have nixed. Issues surrounding what the Texans knew & when would be too much to navigate.

But now, everybody knows what's what. If a trade were made now, I assume the league would believe they know what they are getting into.

They could & should put enough "conditional" language into the deal to reflect their understanding.
They would nix it because right now he is just sitting on a bench and its out of sight, out of mind. If he gets traded then it brings it back into the news how little the NFL has done in regards to this plus odds are his new team is going to want to play their shiny QB which against puts an unfriendly spot light on it. No if the Texans tried to do anything with Watson right now the NFL would torpedo the trade and most likely put him on the CEL.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

I haven’t seen any leaks coming out of the Texans since Caserio went in.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Goodell and Caserio had a call on what the leagues actions would be if there was a trade, Watson goes to jail, and then what the league would do.

Wouldn’t you want to do that if you were Caserio? Call the powers that be and get some guidance on some hypothetical situations?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
First reading the article note they don't say which team made the offer. I have not heard anywhere from anyone that anybody offered even close to three 1sts once Watson's legal issues came out and if it was before that then it doesn't matter because the NFL would have nixxed the trade anyway. Even right now there is no way on God's green Earth that the NFL would allow him to be traded. Second as far as Watson goes several reports have said that the main reason Philly isn't in the running is because he said he wouldn't play there so yeah even though he doesn't want to play for the Texans he doesn't/isn't waving his NTC. Which is why I said that unless they get the right deal if his legal issues clear up and he can play again then Texans should make him suit up and play. If he refuses suspend him and then you don't have to pay him and freeze his contract.
Agreed, but I don't want him to play another down for the Texans org. If it causes Cal to lose a few millions, then that's the price Cal has pay for getting in bed with this POS.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
They would nix it because right now he is just sitting on a bench and its out of sight, out of mind. If he gets traded then it brings it back into the news how little the NFL has done in regards to this plus odds are his new team is going to want to play their shiny QB which against puts an unfriendly spot light on it. No if the Texans tried to do anything with Watson right now the NFL would torpedo the trade and most likely put him on the CEL.
I wonder how they would word it, when they announce that they've denied the trade.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Don't know, they may do something as simple as call the teams up and say we're not going to allow this so don't file it because if you force us to officially reject it there will be hell to pay.
I can't imagine.

I don't believe the NFL would nix a Watson trade right now.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Totally agree with you.

But there's a big difference between chasing tail and what they were doing.

Thing is they had more opportunity to get women who were willing to throw themselves at them than we ever did.

That's not what they were doing or what this was about.
You need to separate DHop from Watson.

That's what DHop was doing .... taking advantage of his star status and those women willing to throw themselves at him.

That's Not what Watson was doing.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

What say you?

I say its BS.

Glazer reported it on Fox NFL Sunday.
You're saying he fabricated the story?

Watch the video.
Yes. It's fabricated garbage.

There have been absolutely ZERO offers made since the day the legal issues became known. None , Zip , Zilch , Nodda.

There's not a GM in the league who would make that deal with the potential that he never plays again.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Because something is going to happen sooner or later regarding the lawsuits. Plus, the NFL and McNairs will not let this go on forever. I'm sure they're waiting for whatever is going to happen with his legal issues. He can't fill a roster spot season after season while getting paid and not seeing the field.
The legal stuff is one thing, sure. But it ain't happening any time soon apparently. As far as the team or the league doing something, like what?

And no one is talking about forever, but they can't trade him where he doesn't want to go and they don't want to play him, so what then?

texan279

Hall of Fame
The legal stuff is one thing, sure. But it ain't happening any time soon apparently. As far as the team or the league doing something, like what?

And no one is talking about forever, but they can't trade him where he doesn't want to go and they don't want to play him, so what then?
Then it's on the FO to figure something out. That's why they make the big bucks. Unless they're content on Watson holding the Texans and their salary cap hostage.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Then it's on the FO to figure something out. That's why they make the big bucks. Unless they're content on Watson holding the Texans and their salary cap hostage.
The cap space really isn't going to matter for the next 2-3 yrs,

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If it weren't for the legal stuff I believe he'd been done gone. But the situation as it is, not much they can do.

We're playing this season with a 52 man roster.
I dont think playing with a 52 man roster is going to make or break the Texans season. Make him sit (Probably what this POS wanted) screw him

Status
Not open for further replies.