Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only team with the Draft capital the Texans are looking for is the Eagles. But Watson now continues to insist that he will only accept the trip to Miami.

As Watson continues with his unreasonable demand, and the League apparently is not going to place him on the CEL, barring any new dramatic developments.................expect the Texans to soon tire of Watson's game and place him on excused leave to improve his game with the Nerf football they send him home with.
Early on in the mess, most were targeting Miami and the Eagles just based on capital but I was always eyeing for the Lions to be the target with their picks in 2022 and 2023. In the end that no trade clause still looms in conjunction with the lawsuits.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Every scenario laid out so far - be it fact or fiction- involves cal's approval.

Not sure how anyone can assume he's not involved.

You can blame “approval” by Cal up to the point Watson “allegedly” started to commit crimes. That was a big part of the beginning of the soap opera. Then Watson made himself not tradable. This could have been over by now if he was tradable.

And who requests a trade 6 months after signing a contract extension? The guy trying to get the hell out of dodge getting away from potential criminal acts.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
So since that CB Howard from the Dolphins is requesting a trade - what would the Dolphins have to add to make this deal fair for all sides? 2 first rounders? Tua and one first rounder? Still seems kinda low for me but with all the legal trouble, would you bite?
Howard, Tua, and 2 RD1 picks should get the ball rolling.

Let camps get going and Caserio might be in a position to move either Tua or Taylor for a bit more draft capital.
As it stands right now, Watson has no interest in going anywhere but Miami. The problem is that Miami doesn't have more than one 1st rnd pick left in 2022...........the pick they received from the 49s, which would be somewhere between 25-32. Tua couldn't look any worse in TC than he has so far. His inaccuracy has not improved since college, and apparently has gotten worse with him throwing multiple pics during camp. In fact, one of his passes was so ridiculously off target, it smashed and bloodied a fan in the spectator crowd. Certainly he is not in consideration by the Texans in the trade terms. 28 year old cornerback Xavien Howard is potentially a 2-edged sword............like Hopkins was in Houston, he is disgruntled with his present contract and with 3 years left he wants a redo or out..............the Texans could get real screwed if he becomes part of the deal.

Only 2 teams have shown any real interest in trading for Watson. The Panthers only have rolls of toilet paper to offer the Texans after trading for Sam Darnold. The only team with the Draft capital the Texans are looking for is the Eagles. But Watson now continues to insist that he will only accept the trip to Miami.

As Watson continues with his unreasonable demand, and the League apparently is not going to place him on the CEL, barring any new dramatic developments.................expect the Texans to soon tire of Watson's game and place him on excused leave to improve his game with the Nerf football they send him home with.

Texansballer74

The Marine

The interest, unfortunately for Watson, does not appear to be mutual, however. Putting aside the 25-year-old's nearly two-dozen sexual misconduct allegations, which remain under league investigation, Broncos CEO Joe Ellis parroted the company line regarding its Drew Lock-led, Teddy Bridgewater-insured QB situation.

“He's with the Texans. I can't comment on a player under contract with another team," Ellis said of Watson during Tuesday's training camp-opening press conference. "Vic and George have said we can win with the guys we have, and that's where we're going. That's what we're looking at tomorrow and from this point forward. That really isn’t a consideration on the table right now.”

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Something happened in between to break the camel's back.
Right. Jj fired BO'b well after Watson signs. That brings us into the 2020 season. At the end of the season is when I'm suggesting Watson suggested Cal should fire Easterby & Cal informed him about his Mom's influence.

That's one scenario.

Another one I'm working on, Watson goes into Cal's office after the season & tells him about the one masseuse "problem" & Cal says something like, "Duh, pay her to shut up you sick basdard."

Or, "Pay her off. Listen, I had relationship with this one professional. I mean you wouldn't believe the things he did to me. But then he got uppity & demanded a huge payoff. One day, I'll show you where the body is.... but Jack helped me get over my urges to kill again."

Or something along those lines.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I don’t understand why Hardin would advise Watson to holdout for a court case. Both Buzzbee and an alleged victim have spelled most everything out publicly with little to no rebuttals from Watson. Bottom line…..the damage has been done regardless of guilt or innocence.

At this point….and if I were Hardin I’d advise Watson to get the checkbook out and let the check stroking begin. Big checks…..big enough to get charges dropped and the willingness from those receiving the checks to sign non-disclosures with no hassles. Outside the checks, Watson would have to make public apologies.

The only punishment left would be the NFL’s and this might be 4-6 games once settlements have been made.

This conclusion would allow everyone to focus on football and moving Watson to the highest bidder……which is essentially what every interested team is waiting on……a conclusion.

Last edited:

texan279

Hall of Fame
I don't think any team is going to trade for Watson until all of his legal issues are done and over with. Even then, some teams will probably avoid him like the plague. Watson created this bed. Watson made his own bed. As of now he can either honor his contract or stay at home. The only reason he showed to TC is for the money. He's the disgruntled employee. I'm assuming the Texans have him basically doing nothing right now to minimize distraction within the team. The guy is a bum.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
At this point….and if I were Hardin I’d advise Watson to get the checkbook out and let he check stroking begin…..big checks. Big enough to get charges dropped and the willingness to have non-disclosures signed. Outside the checks, Watson would have to make public apologies
There was a video posted a couple of days ago of a "victim" who is not represented by Buzbee, who has not filed criminal or civil suit at this time.

How many more are out there? There may be another 30, with lawyers documenting their stories, waiting for Watson to put pen to check.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I heard multiple times on the radio that DW refused to take Caserio's calls. That probably pissed Caserio off considering he had nothing to do with DW's beef with the Texans.
May've had more to do with the fact that Caserio was an O'Brien and Easterby lackey. DW4 sees Caserio as an extension of O'Brien and Easterby therefore Caserio is guilty by association.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The obstacles in trading Watson right now are just too high.
Who would trade a 1st for Carson Wentz? Healthy, he is a phenomenal talent & a big reason your team would win.

The Colts took that gamble. If Wentz plays 75% of the snaps & the Colts make the playoffs, the Eagles get a 1st round pick.

Carson is hurt right now. Threatening the possibility of Philly getting that 1st.

Likewise everyone knows what the risks are with Watson & any probable trade will take them into account.

A 2nd round pick in 2022, a third in 2023 that could turn into a 1st & 2nd if Watson isn't in jail.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The date is relevant to having more bidders and higher bids.
Only issue I have with that is many of his accusers will have been deposed by then. Watson will be deposed in February.

If you think he's more innocent than not, yeah... wait until days before the draft.

If you think his playing days are done after 2021... the sooner the better.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
May've had more to do with the fact that Caserio was an O'Brien and Easterby lackey. DW4 sees Caserio as an extension of O'Brien and Easterby therefore Caserio is guilty by association.
That's probably what it is, but you still take a call from someone who wasn't even here when you decided you were done with the org and explain yourself to them. Just seems like the normal decent thing to do.

Jack Burton

Veteran
I honestly didn’t believe it could happen. I’m really torn I thought I wanted him gone, then he showed up at camp & I thought, “So there is a chance.”

I saw the RapLSheet tweet & thought, “Finally, it’s over.”

before I scrolled to the next post I had already screamed to the other room, to let my wife know.

then I saw the post stating it was a fake account, honestly I was relieved.

this has been a roller coaster for me. My emotions are all over the place. Don’t really know if I want him to stay. Or just get the heck out.
Why are you so emotionally unstable about it?

Perhaps the Easterby connection, from my understanding Watson loved him some OB. I wonder what would have transpired if OB had not been fired until right before this year's draft.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Caserio must bring Watson and his agent into a meeting a lay it out in a manner that eliminates any and all confusion as to who’s holding the cards in this current situation.

1. Watson….you screwed the pooch, screwed yourself, and screwed the organization.
2. Your screw-up was massively amplified when you tried to blame the organization for not being honorable and then demanded a trade after the team secured your future with an amazing contract.
3. It was once again amplified when you came to camp but let it be known that you had no interest in being with the team.
4. The team will not trade you nor take any loss in fair market value to appease your desire to play for certain teams. The team is fully prepared to let this play out….while suspending you without pay b/c of conduct detrimental to the team….whenever permissible. The team will relegate you to QB3, keep you on the roster, and never have you dress for another game…..until a court decision has been rendered.
5. If you are found guilty (criminally) the team will move forward in having your contract voided. The team will then seek full restitution of any signing bonus paid out. If you are found not-guilty…..the team will maintain your rights until an appropriate trade is found that benefits the team.
6. You want this trade to happen so you can catch on with another organization….it’s simple, waive your no-trade clause so everyone involved can move forward.

Texans must find a way to ride this shite-storm out and not take a stance of weakness to Watson.
Or Caserio can do nothing, let the legal issues get resolved and move forward.

Kind of a smart thing to do. The only thing Caserio needs to tell Mulageta is that to be traded the Pervert needs to wave his no trade clause, or otherwise he will be sitting out a couple of yrs.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Or Caserio can do nothing, let the legal issues get resolved and move forward.

Kind of a smart thing to do. The only thing Caserio needs to tell Mulageta is that to be traded the Pervert needs to wave his no trade clause, or otherwise he will be sitting out a couple of yrs.
This is correct. Texans have all the leverage since DW4 signed a long term deal and now wants a trade 1 year in. And i’m sure he’ll be tied up in court for awhile regardless unless he settles with the ever expanding roster of accusers. At the rate he’s going, he could reach an NFL roster limit by the time he is in court!

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Except Watson gets paid regardless & takes up a roster spot.

Best thing that can happen now is for Watson to fake a back injury & the Texans put him on IR... at least that frees up the roster spot.
That would impede his ability to be traded cost him guaranteed money and limit compensation Texans so desperately need in the form of draft capital.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
While I like the points you stated, DW has to man up. His contract gave him mega money and has a no trade clause. His obligation is to perform to that contract. It doesn't say in his contract that he gets to play for coach "x" or the team has to have GM "x". He signed that contract with the worse GM (OB) in the history of the NFL along with Easterby being in the VP role and thanked the entire organization including OB and Easterby. They even kept the lame duck offensive coordinator just for him. Why can't he at least give the damn staff a chance as it's a complete changeover. Get run time with the staff and continue to excel in his game, make the players around you better and hold each other accountable. The whole time he was acting a donkey, there was a chit storm brewing in his personal life that came out and dwarfed any of the stuff he was complaining about the Texans. The media was castrating the Texans in the beginning and still never used the same ire against him when the whole massage BS came to light. The media is basically saying, well they just need to move on for the best of both parties and IMO that's whack.
Why don't they just give him the reps then? Does he strike you as a guy who wouldn't play? Now if you try to play him 2nd or 3rd string, then yes, that would be a problem. From my point of view, they should play him and see if he's really serious about not playing for this team again. There should be a ongoing conversation about him getting back with the team.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Why don't they just give him the reps then? Does he strike you as a guy who wouldn't play? Now if you try to play him 2nd or 3rd string, then yes, that would be a problem. From my point of view, they should play him and see if he's really serious about not playing for this team again. There should be a ongoing conversation about him getting back with the team.
Because he clearly doesn’t want the reps. He’s just out there to go through the motions and to avoid fines.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
They don't give him the reps because he's not playing for this team again. Taylor was out today and it wasn't Watson who took over, it was Mills. I think that tells you everything you need to know about where both sides stand.

From my understanding, Watson hasn't done much as a QB these 1st 4 days. Someone here claimed it was because he missed OTA's and they were easing him in. That's total BS. Dude is a Pro Bowl, top 5 caliber QB. He doesn't freaking need easing in. Not to mention the offense is exactly the same according to Tunsil saying same OC, same offense. Why would he need easing into an offense he's run for 4 years?

Dude is not playing another game for the Houston Texans.

Texansballer74

The Marine
They don't give him the reps because he's not playing for this team again. Taylor was out today and it wasn't Watson who took over, it was Mills. I think that tells you everything you need to know about where both sides stand.

From my understanding, Watson hasn't done much as a QB these 1st 4 days. Someone here claimed it was because he missed OTA's and they were easing him in. That's total BS. Dude is a Pro Bowl, top 5 caliber QB. He doesn't freaking need easing in. Not to mention the offense is exactly the same according to Tunsil saying same OC, same offense. Why would he need easing into an offense he's run for 4 years?

Dude is not playing another game for the Houston Texans.
Some fans are in complete denial. Dude needs to let it go.

LikeMike

Veteran
I can only see this going one of two ways:

1. He sits out this season and gets traded around the draft
2. He changes his mind and decides to play for the Texans again

With the legal trouble a trade seems unlikely - also because I don‘t see the Texans significantly lowering the asking price and I don‘t see many teams comfortable with paying it because they don‘t know, if he will be suspended for a long time.

Now this whole process really reflects very poorly on Watson. And him being a creep isn‘t the only problem here. He signed an extension here - and yes, I understand him being upset by how things went. And ok, I am fine with him demanding a trade. But after the way this unfolded with the legal stuff and everything (which makes trading him that much more hard) and now saying, he is only ready to go to one team. I mean how fast can he derail his career and his likablity? With all this on his mind, I wouldn‘t be surprised, if he never plays as good as these last two seasons again. And I wouldn‘t be surprised if he becomes one of the most disliked players in the league (not just by the Texans).

Dejaview

All Pro
Then they could go light a match to see if they left the light on.

austins23

Hall of Fame
I heard a rumor the other day that DW4 wanted Samuel L Jackson to be the Texans new GM, who BTW would have been high on my own list of possible Texans GMs.
Can you imagine? Ol Easterby wouldn’t be able to stand it! All of the MoFo’s coming out of his mouth!

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Only issue I have with that is many of his accusers will have been deposed by then. Watson will be deposed in February.

If you think he's more innocent than not, yeah... wait until days before the draft.

If you think his playing days are done after 2021... the sooner the better.
The courts dont work on the Perverts or the Texans for that matter time schedule. Nor should they.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That's probably what it is, but you still take a call from someone who wasn't even here when you decided you were done with the org and explain yourself to them. Just seems like the normal decent thing to do.
You're not dealing with normal and certainly not decent here.

I agree, they should be putting him in there. Just because he may be out there to avoid the fines, he's still out there so put him in. I do wonder what the other guys out there feel about his status.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I agree, they should be putting him in there. Just because he may be out there to avoid the fines, he's still out there so put him in. I do wonder what the other guys out there feel about his status.
They know he's not playing another down for this team, so why take reps away from those who are going to play? If that doesn't clue you guys in, I don't know what will.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I think they should tell the D that DW tried to get a massage from their wives/girlfriends/mothers.

Tell the line... ah who am I kidding the line couldnt block if they tried.....

Then put DW out there all day running the entire playbook. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.