Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caserio must bring Watson and his agent into a meeting a lay it out in a manner that eliminates any and all confusion as to who’s holding the cards in this current situation.

1. Watson….you screwed the pooch, screwed yourself, and screwed the organization.
2. Your screw-up was massively amplified when you tried to blame the organization for not being honorable and then demanded a trade after the team secured your future with an amazing contract.
3. It was once again amplified when you came to camp but let it be known that you had no interest in being with the team.
4. The team will not trade you nor take any loss in fair market value to appease your desire to play for certain teams. The team is fully prepared to let this play out….while suspending you without pay b/c of conduct detrimental to the team….whenever permissible. The team will relegate you to QB3, keep you on the roster, and never have you dress for another game…..until a court decision has been rendered.
5. If you are found guilty (criminally) the team will move forward in having your contract voided. The team will then seek full restitution of any signing bonus paid out. If you are found not-guilty…..the team will maintain your rights until an appropriate trade is found that benefits the team.
6. You want this trade to happen so you can catch on with another organization….it’s simple, waive your no-trade clause so everyone involved can move forward.

Texans must find a way to ride this shite-storm out and not take a stance of weakness to Watson.
Answer: You can pay me $35MM or you can trade me to a team I approve. Balls in your court. If I don't hear from you, I will see you in training camp.

Of course we know Ross was interested. Why now are they trying to deny it?

I have read Ross didn't like the idea. That he thought Watson wasn't going to be a good fit in the locker room. And that the HC was the only thing that made Watson attractive. Perhaps the reason he fired him is due to the Watson factor. A HC is a strong willed person and might have had words that after the disaster season it made Ross can him fast.

The Texans would have no interest in hiring Flores as HC. More likely the meeting/interview was to feel out the possibility of pushing a future potential trade for Watson if/when Flores finds a landing spot as a HC and if Watson isn't wearing an orange jump suit.

😆 the orange jumpsuit got me my friend great line and fitting

Don't know if we will ever know but it appears to be fairly clear that Flores was biting the hand that fed him. I would say Ross was all in on DW4 until the Dolphins won 7 in a row and Tua looked like a winner and turned the clubhouse around. So now Ross is saying he is a Tua guy (and was all along).
I think it could be that Ross understands how Caserio walked him into offering to pay for DWs settlement costs and is trying to distance himself from that. That could also have some bearing on dumping Flores to surprise of so many.

I have read Ross didn't like the idea. That he thought Watson wasn't going to be a good fit in the locker room. And that the HC was the only thing that made Watson attractive. Perhaps the reason he fired him is due to the Watson factor. A HC is a strong willed person and might have had words that after the disaster season it made Ross can him fast.
Up until Flores was fired I had not heard one word that Stephen Ross did not want DeShaun Watson. Just the opposite every report that I read or heard said Ross was wanting him.

Up until Flores was fired I had not heard one word that Stephen Ross did not want DeShaun Watson. Just the opposite every report that I read or heard said Ross was wanting him.
LMAO. After getting criticized for pushing the Dolphins narrative, Schefter is already backtracking from his earlier reports of Ross not wanting to trade for Watson.

My post was in the flow of the two before it in dealing with Watson and his agent in a stern manner. He should not be allowed to think that he is in control.
OT's post was made back in July... I don't know why Texian quoted it today. A suspension couldn't be made now under current circumstances

Why not just let posters post where they want as long as they're related to one or the other? Definitely less stress on you and other mods.
A decision has already been made to remove the Watson lawsuit and investigation out of the Texans discussion area. It's pretty straightforward: Talk about possible trades? This thread. Talk about lawsuits, investigations, etc.? The other thread. How about posters posting in the correct threads? That doesn't seem stressful to me.

A decision has already been made to remove the Watson lawsuit and investigation out of the Texans discussion area. It's pretty straightforward: Talk about possible trades? This thread. Talk about lawsuits, investigations, etc.? The other thread. How about posters posting in the correct threads? That doesn't seem stressful to me.
Just speaking for myself but also it's obvious that others also do what I do and just respond to posts especially those directed to us under the little bell. LOL . I am more interested in the post and information each brings than what the title at the top of the page happens to say.

Just speaking for myself but also it's obvious that others also do what I do and just respond to posts especially those directed to us under the little bell. LOL . I am more interested in the post and information each brings than what the title at the top of the page happens to say.
That's your decision. But these posts are no longer going to be relocated from this thread. Just deleted. So if you want to keep discussions going, post in the correct thread.

you can quote a post from this thread & respond in the lawsuit thread

You do realize that it would be a violation of the CBA for Ross to pay DW's settlement costs?

It being a potential salary cap violation has been posted multiple times. However, it keeps getting repeated. Maybe if you post it's a CBA violation, posters will listen.

Wait. What? An NFL owner paying fees for a player? Isn't that a salary cap violation?

Thank you. Exactly. Can you imagine NFL owners buying homes, vehicles or making their planes available to players who sign with their teams? If Ross is paying settlements, where does those "perks" end? A condo on South Beach? A chain of massage parlors? This is a great forum. But there tends to be a lot of stuff that is posted, then regurgitated that defies logic and we don't question the content or logic.

You do realize that it would be a violation of the CBA for Ross to pay DW's settlement costs?
Of course but as CloakNNNdagger's post suggested, that was the offer. Caserio got Ross to commit to the alleged 3 and 2 also.

BTW that package if factual will be much higher if claims resolved.

OT's post was made back in July... I don't know why Texian quoted it today. A suspension couldn't be made now under current circumstances

Could, yes. But the NFL has to get this 100% right. After Ray Rice and others, they have to get it right. I think that's why the NFL hasn't been visible in punishment (behind the scenes maybe). To be 100% right so they don't look dumb in the end...again

So what‘s happening if we sign Flores? Will Watson then want to play for us again? Would we even want him back?
Nope. He quit on the team and is a predator.

Was a huge Watson fan. Now I hope he gets traded for a boatload of picks and never sniffs the playoffs. If he goes to prison instead, so be it...just get him out of this organization.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I hope this Flores/Watson story is true.
If the Giants hire Flores, I think the Texans will be able to bend them over the proverbial barrel
I don't feel that Mara as conservative as he is will want to take on Watson and his baggage, even if Flores ends up in NY.

Giants expected to target Brian Flores in coaching search: Would it make sense? And what about Deshaun Watson factor?
Updated: Jan. 17, 2022, 7:15 a.m. | Published: Jan. 17, 2022, 7:15 a.m
I heard Boomer Esiason poopoo the Watson to NYG angle this morning on his show. Not Giant worthy, basically.

Send him to NY. Those picks are too good to pass up!

The Giants won’t cut loose of both of their RD1 picks in 2022, but if the Caserio stays focused on getting Watson out of Houston then the Texans might walk away with their RD1-08, RD2-37, and RD3-81 for 2022. That will leave some meat on the bone in 2023 and 2024. I’m thinking, RD1’s in 2023/2024 and another RD3 in 2023.

That wouldn’t be peak return for Watson but I think it would be a healthy return for the Texans and the Giants could afford to pay it based on Watson’s current legal situation and their bundle of picks in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back