Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

" Last in defense; 31st in offense. Thank God for the Texans."

But hey, I paid over $250 to watch this on DirectTV.....I'm smart like that.

I doubt the family will be getting any gear from the Texans Store this Christmas.

Are we really 32nd/defense and 31st/offense? :eek:

yikes...well, I guess the good news is that we get to play the 49ers this year...so maybe we'll win one, 'eh?

geez, I think I'll go hide under the bed now and wait for tomorrow's NLCS game.

The quote was about the niners. The part "Thank god for the Texans" is saying that we are worse than 31st in offense, last in defense.

what it is saying is that the niners are last in defense, and 31st in offense.. and thank god for the texans otherwise they would be last in offense as well.

ha... that's quality. Maybe we need Capers to break out the notepad and explain that original quote.

Ya see.. the Niners are executing on offense, so they're above us which we need to know how to run the fundamentals of plugging up a dike while we looked good on defense after looking at the game film, which apparently the niners do not do since they're last in defense.

i think that if the Texans are last in offense, they need to open the play book and get more than 2-3 20 yard plays. Do something that is supposed to go long. A play-action bomb route, with carr rolling out of the pocket. with AJ, Gaff and Mathis, that would be crazy.

rmartin65 said:
i think that if the Texans are last in offense, they need to open the play book and get more than 2-3 20 yard plays. Do something that is supposed to go long. A play-action bomb route, with carr rolling out of the pocket. with AJ, Gaff and Mathis, that would be crazy.

I agree a 100%! Atleast make it fun to watch. What's it going to hurt, Carr might get sacked...oh wait, that happens on the snap. I would atleast be happy seeing this team try something different like airing it out even if we lost.

Unlike most people who have tried to blame everyone around Carr for Carr's problems I have never blamed Jabar since he catches everything thrown to him.....If AJ is on the field he needs to be the first option. He is the most explosive player on the field. Carr just needs to do a better job of finding Gaffney when AJ returns. Gaffney can get open and we see it when he is the primary target. It may take another year and another coaching staff before we see Carr's game improve though.

Yea its pretty bad for the gang right now - Were getting all the bad press we can ever need. Si was saying something about how BoB Mcnair might need to blow up this entire team [ala Cleveland] and start over from square one again to get a decent product on the field. Certainly hard to disagree at this point. While we do have a few good stars on the team [very few]- they are getting the stuffing beat out of them on a regular enough basis that changes have to be made all over the team and if it takes loosing a marquee player in order to make the whole team better - so be it. The back is firmly against the wall at this point.

Speaking on rankings - ESPN ranked our entire O-line as being the Worst and most overpaid group in the league. What hurts even more is how much Charlie has setup this team at near the cap [3rd highest payroll in the league]yet - were still nowhere near being competitive - especially this year.

Boggle - :confused:

1. Houston Texans Offensive Line
First, a little perspective on this unit. In Superman: The Movie, a teenage Clark Kent punted a football out of his high school stadium. If he played behind this line, it wouldn't matter how far he could kick the ball because he would lead the league in punts blocked. That's how inept this bunch has been since 2002 — just ask quarterback David Carr.

In 2004, the Texans had the third-highest total payroll in the NFL ($97.5 million), and 19 percent of it was devoted to one of the worst offensive lines in football. Carr might have had more success stacking the $12 million between him and the defense and praying that the sight of free money would at least allow him to complete a five-step drop.

After not being able to lure Orlando Pace away from the Rams, the Texans settled on former Saints left tackle, Victor Riley. Left guard Chester Pitts is a penalty machine who led the league with 21 penalties in 2003 and then was tied for second with 14 penalties in 2004. Steve McKinney, Zach Wiegert, and Todd Wade round out a bunch that has given up 33 sacks through six games this season.

Domanick Davis, Vernand Morency, or even Clark Kent won't make much of a difference in the running game as long as there is no one to block for them.

OK Ok we know the O-line is bad. We know that management tried to feed us horsecrap and call it steak about the o-line and the lack of movement in the FA period. People our upper management is terrible. They have to do everything by committee. I think Vinny said Fema like, which is absolutely correct. We missed on Toniu Fonoti who by the way 7th rounder got him. And we missed on Arrington who could have been acqurired for nothing more than a 4th and guaranteed money. Look forward to next year. Kubiak and Moriaty will get this club straight.

U4ikrob said:
What hurts even more is how much Charlie has setup this team at near the cap [3rd highest payroll in the league]yet - were still nowhere near being competitive - especially this year.

Actually, the Texans have the 2nd most cap space behind the Eagles. That $97 million is an overall figure for the entire organization. Still very pathetic that all of this money is being spent on possibly one of the worst teams in NFL history.

bigTEXan8 said:
I have to admit...our upper management has really screwed Texan fans by not using the cap space available.
Part of that cap space is for resigning players and for David Carr himself. We have several guys to sign unless we want to let a few decent players to to FA. Carr is going to take a big chuck of that space when we option him.

Back