Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

[KFFL]: Texans to possibly meet with CB W. James

dirty steve

Veteran
Texans | Team could meet with W. James
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:56:33 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Houston Texans have shown interest in possibly meeting or speaking with free agent CB William James (Eagles) by the end of the week.

note: this is the former Will Peterson who played for the NYG. changed his name last year.

I think that he could be a good signing for the right price, and I don't expect us to overpay for him.

He has had some good years in the past.

awesome news. I remember liking him when he was with the Giants. Whats up with the last 2 years? Has he been injured or just 3rd string?

I'd definitley wouldn't mind him for the right price...would he take faggins place? if not ..then he's probably not worth looking at.

Peterson-James was released by the Giants due to chronic back problems. He was able to pass a physical with the Eagles last year and play in 3 games. Maybe the back problems are behind him. William was highly regarded prior to his injury as a physical corner.

Peterson-James was released by the Giants due to chronic back problems. He was able to pass a physical with the Eagles last year and play in 3 games. Maybe the back problems are behind him. William was highly regarded prior to his injury as a physical corner.

Dunta aside of course, this team is full of nickel and dime corners. We need a legit #2 guy. I think CB can wait for now, however I would like to see us draft Michael Coe in the 4th round.

Back issues don't normally just "go away". I'd be skeptical about him unless he was CHEAP...and we draft Aaron Ross in the second.

William James healthy is an above average NFL corner back, who is clear starting material for most teams in the league. He is more than worth a look at. Of course, the Texans need to limit the contract and liability associated with any player who has serious back troubles, but is the type of high upside low risk signing that the Texans need to make.

He hasn't done anything in the last couple year, I remember liking him awhile ago but he's declined since, but I wouldn't mind signing him as a #4 CB behind a rookie and Faggins.

Dunta aside of course, this team is full of nickel and dime corners. We need a legit #2 guy. I think CB can wait for now, however I would like to see us draft Michael Coe in the 4th round.

I would love to draft a guy in the 2nd....Especially if a guy like Chris Houston happens to fall(probably less likely than Peterson falling to 8) and hope that he becomes our #1....It would bring out the best in D-Rob

He hasn't done anything in the last couple year, I remember liking him awhile ago but he's declined since, but I wouldn't mind signing him as a #4 CB behind a rookie and Faggins.

Michael Coe holds the Alabama collegiate record for fastest L-Drill. Doesn't mean much, just a nice little piece of information to have for our future 4th round pick! (hopefully)

Back