Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kevin O'Connell in Minnesota

He's off the McVeigh tree which equals off the Shanny tree. They were already lethal running the ball and passing, but Kirk Cousins is only going to take you so far despite his gaudy numbers.
Is Klint Kubiak still in Minny?

Is Klint Kubiak still in Minny?
Nah, I wish the Texans would've interviewed him as the oc. One thing about guys off that tree, they know how to create angles in the run game. I like Pep, but that Shanny tree know how to run the ball period whether you know what they're doing or not. Then you look up and Justin Jefferson has 3000 yds receiving in his 1st 2 seasons as a late 1st rd pick.

They're moving Jefferson around presnap like the Rams moved Cupp around - so far it's working. I think O'Connell will get the most out of Cousins similar to what happened with Stafford. Their DLine is going to get after the opposing qb. Going to be a fun team to watch this year. OLine will be their Achilles this year with Cousins' limited mobility.

Bummer that the games are on at the same time tonight - not a fan of the scheduling. You'll get to see the end of this game if you're watching Tennessee start off 0-2. Gonna be a good test for my Vikes. Hard to be optimistic being a Vikings fan (y'all know the feeling), but there's something going on up north that hasn't been there since Favre suited up in purple - something called hope. This time it's the coach making fans feel that way. Talked with my brother who's there and more plugged into the fanbase and he agreed - first time ever (save maybe Bud Grant) that Vikings fans are feeling like the coach on their sideline is smarter than the coach on the other sideline.

Strange thought of the day. If the NFL polled their fans with the following question: on average, is your coach smarter or dumber than the opposing coach?

I'd be shocked if 90% of fans didn't answer dumber. We're not very logical when it comes to being fans.

Strange thought of the day. If the NFL polled their fans with the following question: on average, is your coach smarter or dumber than the opposing coach?

I'd be shocked if 90% of fans didn't answer dumber. We're not very logical when it comes to being fans.
I think it depends on how recently they played Denver, then dumber would not enter their minds

I think it depends on how recently they played Denver, then dumber would not enter their minds
Yep, I added 'on average' cuz of those kind of outliers. It's the kind of league that takes an exceptional coach to build a year in and out SB competitive team with the salary cap. Gotta swing for the fence when you hire a coach cuz average ain't going to cut it. You're better off hiring a moron and accumulating draft capital where you eventually get enough talent that you have a chance.

Yep, I added 'on average' cuz of those kind of outliers. It's the kind of league that takes an exceptional coach to build a year in and out SB competitive team with the salary cap. Gotta swing for the fence when you hire a coach cuz average ain't going to cut it. You're better off hiring a moron and accumulating draft capital where you eventually get enough talent that you have a chance.
Hey now. David Culley resembles that remark.

Great game against Buffalo today if anyone caught it. One article had it as the wildest 4th quarter of all time. Vikes get a signature win. They find ways to eek out wins. Buffalo is the better team despite the loss. Vikes aren't in the top tier of contenders but are dangerous. OLine is doing better at protecting Cousins than I expected. After watching all of their games, I now think that their D coordinator is the weak link. Bend but don't break doesn't cut it in the playoffs. He's going to have to get the d playing more aggressive if they're going to be a true contender. J Jefferson is a beast. O'Connell is a keeper.

Back