Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jury Acquits Former Baylor Football Player Shawn Oakman On Rape Charge

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
UPDATE: A Texas jury has found a former Baylor University football player not guilty of raping another student in 2016.

The McLennan County jury deliberated about two hours in Waco on Thursday before acquitting 26-year-old Shawn Oakman of sexual assault.

The woman who says she was raped testified earlier that she’d been drinking and was intoxicated when Oakman assaulted her.

She said she told Oakman that she wanted to leave his duplex that night but he wouldn’t allow it.

Oakman’s attorney told jurors that the two had consensual sex. Defense questioning of witnesses was expected to continue through Thursday.

Oakman’s case and others involving claims of sexual assault drew broad criticism about the way university officials responded to those claims.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/02/28/prosecutors-rest-rape-trial-baylor-football-player-shawn-oakman/

I sure hope they do as much digging into this after the fact as they likely did before where he was charged. Media made this guy look guilty. Only took the jury like 45 minutes to deliberate this. He lost like two years of eligibility behind this.

In- before the Texans need to sign Oakman to show that the organization is serious about winning crowd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Oakman

Oakman was never drafted nor signed by an NFL team, but has been keeping sharp playing for $200 a game in Bismark, SD

Okay cool. Good for him. Maybe him and his lawyer realized all this time that they had a strong case. I'm not even sure how good he was back then, but I heard he was pretty nasty with great size and was there when Baylor was stacked with talent under Briles. This of course being one of the cases that got Briles fired.

In- before the Texans need to sign Oakman to show that the organization is serious about winning crowd.

I'm not for signing this guy. But he got a raw Deal and it's beginning to look like Briles may be vindicated. In today's world you're guilty until proven innocent.

# metoo guys getting screwed over by lying hoes.

Oakman deserves a chance in the NFL.

I'm not for signing this guy. But he got a raw Deal and it's beginning to look like Briles may be vindicated. In today's world you're guilty until proven innocent.

Tevin Elliot was convicted for assaulting 2 women. Sam Ukwuachu was also convicted. So 2 of 3 convicted at trial. That's hardly vindication for Briles.

Remember that Oakman got kicked out of Penn State before he ever even got to Baylor. He didn't get a raw deal.

Uuumm, if he was charged for rape and found not guilty, WTF are you talking about he didn't get a raw deal? Let me charge you or one of your family members for rape and see if you think it's a raw deal. What he did or didn't do at Penn State has nothing to do with a rape charge at Baylor that he was found not guilty for.

Oakman deserves a chance in the NFL.

Briles had numerous incidents where he dropped the ball though. I'd agree if it was just this incident, but he had several.

Back