Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jr. High Football

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Not sure where to put this thread, so mods please move if needed.

I just got home from picking up my youngest daughter. She is a cheerleader for the 8th grade football team. The game was running really late tonite, and after she got in the truck, she told me why. Seems that in a one on one collision, one of the boys broke his neck. I don't know if they were sure, or just taking precautions. Game had a long delay while waiting for the ambulance to get there.

I am praying the young man will be ok.

But something like this makes you realize a few things...

Football is a violent sport at any level.

sorry, I can't put my thoughts into words right now, I'll try again later. Not sure why this has me so shook.

Not sure where to put this thread, so mods please move if needed.

I just got home from picking up my youngest daughter. She is a cheerleader for the 8th grade football team. The game was running really late tonite, and after she got in the truck, she told me why. Seems that in a one on one collision, one of the boys broke his neck. I don't know if they were sure, or just taking precautions. Game had a long delay while waiting for the ambulance to get there.

I am praying the young man will be ok.

But something like this makes you realize a few things...

Football is a violent sport at any level.

sorry, I can't put my thoughts into words right now, I'll try again later. Not sure why this has me so shook.

Prayers to that young man and his family!!!

Football is a violent sport, but we knew that going in.... Do you think my nose would look as bad as it does, without that ****? What about the multiple concussions that I've experienced?? (all from starting at 5 years old, all the way through high school)... I even experienced two concussions serving in the military. One in an APC accident and one in our on-post flag football league! LOL

:heh:

I hope this young man is fine and leads a normal life!! Again, prayers sent!!!!

Thoughts and Prayers from here too for the young man. Has to be extremely tramatic for all in attendance and at each school.

Nice post, JB.

Back