Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Joppru and Symons News

JustBonee

Veteran
HOUSTON - Houston Texans TE Bennie Joppru and QB B.J. Symons were placed on the Reserve/Non Football Injury list, it was announced today.

Joppru, a 2003 second-round pick out of Michigan, hauled in 85 receptions for 800 yards and eight TDs over four seasons in Ann Arbor. He was placed on the Reserve/Injured list on Aug. 31. 2003 with an injured groin (left side adductor tendonitis). After not fully recovering from his groin injury, Joppru was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list on July 31, 2004. He was able to attend meetings, but was ineligible to participate in all games and all practice sessions. He was allowed to practice with the team for 21 days, beginning Nov. 9.

The Texans spent their 248th pick in the seventh round on Symons knowing that he was recovering from ACL reconstruction. The Texas Tech product started for the first time as a senior and set NCAA single-season records for passing yards (5,833), most games with 400 yards in total offense (9), most yards in total offense (5,976), most passing yards per game (448.79), and most yards in total offense per game (459.69). Symons was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list on July 31, 2004. He was able to attend meetings, but was ineligible to participate in all games and all practice sessions. He was allowed to practice with the team for 21 days, beginning Nov. 9.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=1348

Does this mean that they again are not allowed to practice?

What a bummer. I was hoping Joppru might see some field time late this year so we can see what we have. They really need to either fish or cut bait with him this offseason. They have to know beyond a reasonable doubt he will be 100% next year by this April. If there is any doubt, they need to draft a legit two way TE, and hope for the best with Joppru.

Porky said:
What a bummer. I was hoping Joppru might see some field time late this year so we can see what we have. They really need to either fish or cut bait with him this offseason. They have to know beyond a reasonable doubt he will be 100% next year by this April. If there is any doubt, they need to draft a legit two way TE, and hope for the best with Joppru.

They don't need to draft a legit 2-way TE. They have one on the roster already. If Texans can start utilizing this guy the right way maybe they'll realize they have an all around TE. :boxing:

Bottle-O-Bud said:
Almost 2 years and that groin has not healed. Juppro might never wear a Texan uniform. If he had played, I would think he would have been a legit starter too. I was very happy that Charley drafted a TE.

Here is hoping that some miracle happen between now and next year.

This doesn't mean it hasn't healed. He hasn't played in almost two years and has only practiced (without any reports of him sitting out practice by the way) for three weeks. Who are you pulling to put him in for the last 5 games--Miller?, Bruener?

Better to play it safe and get him back for next year plus to keep the currently best personnel in to win the remaining games--best being those in playing shape, in sync with the other offensive players, not necessarily best down the road.

While I do hope Joppru gets healthy. There is something that has been bugging me for years about the NFL. This really started to bug me with the whole Boceli deal.

I think that the NFL should have some sort of rule that if you sign a player/draft/trade, and that player never puts on a jersey then the team shouldn't be liable for the WHOLE salary cap hit. I know injuries are part of the game but if you sign a player in the offseason, he gets hurt and can never play again. There should be some sort of rule that says the team has to pay the player the money or portion thereof but the team should not take the full salary cap hit of said player.

I know it probally will never go down but something I've thought about for awhile and needed to get off my chest. I know I'm not the best at wording what I'm thinking but I'm sure most of you understand what I am saying.

well if that was allowed.. then any time the broncos signed a player and it looked like they made a mistake and he wasnt going to work out.. they would have their oline jump him in an alley and break his knees so they wouldnt have to take the cap hit.

Back