Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

John McClain explains why Brock Osweiler's departure has John Elway sounding "like a spurned lover"

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
When I heard McClain state emphatically that Brock would stay with the Broncos that morning, I texted a friend of mine that I feel pretty confident that he'd sign with the Texans.

I swear it feels like someone on Kirby is feeding him erroneous information just to mess with him sometimes.

Mangler

Toro de España
In Fatass' defense, he did own up to being wrong and even called himself an idiot. I can respect that! I also agree that Elway sounds like a spurned lover just because Brock was smart enough to do what's best for him and his family, and not what everyone thought was politically correct. I couldn't care any less for the Broncos, and thought that the way they pushed Brock to the side was disgusting.

I know all the "Denver Texans" fans will disagree, and frankly don't give a single ounce of crap, but I feel like Brock was a big reason Manning even got a second ring, so I'm happy he chose Houston as his home and turned his back on the team that pushed him to the side just to do the whole little sentimental cliché crap of Manning retiring with a ring. Not to mention not even acknowledge him until Manning retired, smh.

Mangler

Toro de España
Who are you addressing here?
As it reads, the "Denver Texans" fans that love to pretend that Brock Osweiler had nothing to do with with the Broncos even having a chance at making it to the play offs. Don't take this as a personal attack, unless you're one of them.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
As it reads, the "Denver Texans" fans that love to pretend that Brock Osweiler had nothing to do with with the Broncos even having a chance at making it to the play offs. Don't take this as a personal attack, unless you're one of them.
I must be blind because I haven't seen any of those here

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I agree with JB, I'm just not seeing who these folk are here. But ok.

Reactions: JB

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
Did he explain why just a few hours before signing Osweiler, Pancakes declared on 610am the Texans would not sign him?

Can't believe this guy still has a job as a sports reporter....
He actually did explain it. He said he was convinced Os was a part of Denver's plan for the future, and he didn't expect Elway to let him go.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I'm sure you're not blind, but I didn't say there were any in this particular thread.
I haven't seen those in this or any other thread on this message board...

edit: Maybe you're confusing this board with talk show radio?

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Did he explain why just a few hours before signing Osweiler, Pancakes declared on 610am the Texans would not sign him?

Can't believe this guy still has a job as a sports reporter....
John McClain has no more credibility now than he had when he was writing for the Daily Cougar.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
He said Osweiler has a foundation in the Erhardt-Perkins system because that was the offense McDaniels installed in Denver.

Wasn't McDaniels gone before Osweiler was drafted?
Yeah McDaniels was fired in Denver mid season 2010

frethack

Rookie
He said Osweiler has a foundation in the Erhardt-Perkins system because that was the offense McDaniels installed in Denver.

Wasn't McDaniels gone before Osweiler was drafted?
Adam Gase was a position coach when McDaniels was head coach, and later became OC. He's the one who coached Os up in the E-P System.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

ChampionTexan

Hall of Fame
Adam Gase was a position coach when McDaniels was head coach, and later became OC. He's the one who coached Os up in the E-P System.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Not to mention that McDaniels brought in Mike McCoy as OC when he was hired, and McCoy continued on through the first two seasons Fox was there.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Now in Billys third offseason as the Texans HC, McClain has been saying each offseason that the Texans would draft a QB in the first round. Has he revised his prediction for this years Draft since the Brock signing ?
But it's OK because McClain tells some good stories about 'back in the day like when Lad Herzog was still the GM here in Houston. And then there's his Hollywood career, and I like those stories too. I like to kick back with my IPA and listen to McClain on 610 on Friday afternoons.