Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JJ Watt Makes Two All-Pro Teams

bigmck

Rookie
I heard on 610 AM today that Watt made the 1st team All-Pro as an Edge Rusher and the 2nd team All-Pro as an Interior Lineman. Not too bad for a guy who was Washed Up. :clap:

They need to fix the system. Von Miller got 2nd team at LB & Edge. Combine his votes and he probably gets 1st team.

Michael Smith had a good suggestion. - if a player gets votes in multiple positions count all the votes in the position he received the most votes.

Maybe not getting your thought. Guy with 13 first round votes and 10 seconds is not the all pro that position.

If Watt has 20 votes as DE and 2 at DT he is not all pro DT. I still think I'm missing something?l

Maybe not getting your thought. Guy with 13 first round votes and 10 seconds is not the all pro that position.

Don't think that's how the voting works but by all means correct me. Believe the top vote getter is 1st team and 2nd gets 2nd team. Don't think there is any such thing as a 2nd team vote.

If Watt has 20 votes as DE and 2 at DT he is not all pro DT. I still think I'm missing something?l

That would become 22 for DE. If there was someone with 21 at DE Watt would be 1st team & the otger guy 2nd.

Don't think that's how the voting works but by all means correct me. Believe the top vote getter is 1st team and 2nd gets 2nd team. Don't think there is any such thing as a 2nd team vote.

That would become 22 for DE. If there was someone with 21 at DE Watt would be 1st team & the otger guy 2nd.
your two break down seem be my confusion.. The votes are by position. Top vote ricipient is all pro first team. Second highest recipient second team. Only way around that is limiting eligible positions to just one. I don't see that. There are criteria for minimum number snaps each position.

My response didn't save. Highest vote each position is first team. Second highest.. Second team. Not sure how you're splitting vote? Only change might be limiting player to one position. I don't see that.

My response didn't save. Highest vote each position is first team. Second highest.. Second team. Not sure how you're splitting vote? Only change might be limiting player to one position. I don't see that.

Smith's suggestion is where there is a split vote to count all the votes in whichever position received the most.

Split votes happen all the time. One guy got 6 votes @ WR, 22 @ swing & 2 @ STs. The inclusion of catchall swing on O (RB, WR or TE) & defensive back on D make it inevitable.

Smith's suggestion is where there is a split vote to count all the votes in whichever position received the most.

Split votes happen all the time. One guy got 6 votes @ WR, 22 @ swing & 2 @ STs. The inclusion of catchall swing on O (RB, WR or TE) & defensive back on D make it inevitable.
In that example, 22 at swing only consideration. I don't like Smiths suggestion. IMO WR as a gunner not a WR. ST is harder to eval I guess as taking out a blocker on return may lead to another getting tackle. Watt shouldn't get to add votes as a tight end to those as DE. Same with Carter adding return votes to any as WR. Keep that for contract time. Lol

Back