Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

JJ Wat To Chicago?

MeatBear77

Waterboy
Firstly this is not a "pipe dream" but based on work/life balance development for JJ and a definite NEED for the Bears.

His wife was just traded 2 the Chicago Red Stars by the Houston Dash. I looked it up and all the guarantee'd money is all paid out on his contract, and I know that O'brian traded away Clowney for a bag of chips so this could really be happening guys.

DO u really think he will still be a Texans at $15,000,000 per year? Cause I don't

His health aint what it used to be. But I think if he gives da Bears a wife-town discount maybe he could play out his years here in Chitown - he wouldn't have to do as much because we have BEASTS on the line with him in Akeim Hicks/Eddie Goldman and KAHILIL MACK.

What I'd like to know is what would it take for Obrian to part ways with the face of the Franchise even though he's old and can't play as many games a season anymore?

Would Texans fans be mad about it?

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
JJ What? He may be going to retire in the off-season. Then the Punks can wait a year and try to talk him into returning.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Firstly this is not a "pipe dream" but based on work/life balance development for JJ and a definite NEED for the Bears.

His wife was just traded 2 the Chicago Red Stars by the Houston Dash. I looked it up and all the guarantee'd money is all paid out on his contract, and I know that O'brian traded away Clowney for a bag of chips so this could really be happening guys.

DO u really think he will still be a Texans at $15,000,000 per year? Cause I don't

His health aint what it used to be. But I think if he gives da Bears a wife-town discount maybe he could play out his years here in Chitown - he wouldn't have to do as much because we have BEASTS on the line with him in Akeim Hicks/Eddie Goldman and KAHILIL MACK.

What I'd like to know is what would it take for Obrian to part ways with the face of the Franchise even though he's old and can't play as many games a season anymore?

I dunno if Green Bay has a womens soccer team but if they did and Watts girlfriend was traded to this imaginary Green Bay soccer team I could see a possibility for the Texans moving Watt to the Packers but not another NFL franchise, and certainly not a Packers division rival like the Bears unless Watt would surprise us all and threaten to retire if not traded to Chitown.

ArlingtonTexan

Staff member
I dunno if Green Bay has a womens soccer team but if they did and Watts girlfriend was traded to this imaginary Green Bay soccer team I could see a possibility for the Texans moving Watt to the Packers but not another NFL franchise, and certainly not a Packers division rival like the Bears unless Watt would surprise us all and threaten to retire if not traded to Chitown.
Chicago is 3 hours from Green Bay and even much closer to the Wisconson border, so it the idea is to be close to home Chicago is not silly as it sounds.

Watt is on record saying he is not going to play forever, so Watt going Luke Kuechly at any time, for any reason is my personal expectation.

craneman

Practice Squad

He has not been the player he has been, it maybe time....we have to do something.Make him a defence coordinator!!

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Chicago is 3 hours from Green Bay and even much closer to the Wisconson border, so it the idea is to be close to home Chicago is not silly as it sounds.

Watt is on record saying he is not going to play forever, so Watt going Luke Kuechly at any time, for any reason is my personal expectation.
But don't you think Kuechly kinda bowed out quietly, and that's not Watts style is it ?

RGV82

Random guy
I am surprised that this is even being discussed. JJ Watt is not going to Chicago. No chance. At all. With all the money they are paying Mack, do you really think they could afford Watt? He would not relocate to Chicago, take a huge pay cut, just to be closer to his wife. Zach Ertzs wife also plays on the same team as JJ Watts wife. This idea of Watt being traded to Chicago is preposterous.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I am surprised that this is even being discussed. JJ Watt is not going to Chicago. No chance. At all. With all the money they are paying Mack, do you really think they could afford Watt? He would not relocate to Chicago, take a huge pay cut, just to be closer to his wife. Zach Ertzs wife also plays on the same team as JJ Watts wife. This idea of Watt being traded to Chicago is preposterous.
Seriously. Kealia being traded and the Texans making a personnel move with JJ aren't actually connected.

powda

Rooting for Captain Tripps
This is a stupid thread and it should be deleted. At the very least it should be moved to the nfl forum as it is more of a free agency nature then specific to the texans.

OptimisticTexan

Hall of Fame
After the Packers showing yesterday on defense......I think the Texans could open conversations with GB should Watt give them the yellow & green light. The Bears would be a no go since they still can't get past the Packers.