Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JJ Stokes?????

BuffSoldier

Veteran
JJ Stokes is one of the guys that is going to be cut on June 1 and I wanted to know if you guys thought he would be a quality pick-up. Hes a veteran and could teach AJ and Gaffney more than I think Bradford is doing right now. Hes played with Jerry Rice(the greatest ever) and T.O. and he might be able to share with the youngsters some of their training tips. He also would add more depth to a (IMO) shakey WR core.

Stokes has been a disappointment everywhere he has been, so I kind of doubt that very much of Jerry Rice has rubbed off on him.

Do not need a player to come in and say do it this way. Carr is in charge and will let them know what he wants. Jerry Rice did not do it alone. Someoone had to throw him the ball. Stokes is to old for our scheme.

Stokes is too old, too slow, and wants more than he is worth. He'd be cut from the Texans too. Gaffney can learn from the coaching staff - to put it lightly.

I agree that guy has been a major bust!!!! so his knowledge can't be that great if he can't get open at 6'5".

Stokes just doesn't have enough left in the tank. On his best day (in his day!) he was a 2nd tier WR...we are good to go with what we have. On other threads I have commented that it might be good to have a quality veteran WR that can mentor the younger guys...I just don't think Stokes has those qualities.

BuffSoldier said:
JJ Stokes is one of the guys that is going to be cut on June 1...
What makes you think Stokes is going to be cut on June 1st? The Pats just re-signed him in March. Why would they cut him before going to camp? That doesn't make sense.

Lucky said:
What makes you think Stokes is going to be cut on June 1st? The Pats just re-signed him in March. Why would they cut him before going to camp? That doesn't make sense.

This I read this, I guess its all the official cuts, not adding the ones that will most likely happen.

IMO we don't need to go after any receivers. We have a solid group and some potential on the rise. We have our big playmaker- AJ and 2 possesion receivers- Gaffney and Bradford. IMO what hurts our passing game the most isn't the line, QB, or WR...it's the conservative play calling and lack of passing plays called. In order to improve you have to learn...and the best way is to learn from games, but I'm satisfied with the progress being made.

Back