Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets thoughts

OzzO

.. and then?
Caught the second half on tv, the first half was via radio for me... but some thoughts...

- While it was interesting that we went for it twice on 4th down early in the game... aren't we supposed to get points whenever we can? I don't beleive we were that far out... was the wind that strong?

- How can we be such a strong defense in the first half to limit the Jets to 6 in the first half then fall apart in the second half? I don't think the refs can throw you off THAT much... if they have that kind of affect on the team - something had better change.

- Our rooks are coming around - nice plays by Babin and Robinson.

- Davis seems to be making up for lost time... dang shame the long TD run was called back.

- Are there any members of the Texans team that can light a fire to get this team re-focused and back in the game-fight? TEXANS fans seem to achieved that spark... but unless the team takes all of us on te away games, there's gonna have to be a self-light mechanism in place. :heh:

2nd half .. 3rd down conversions kicked us.. Penningtons scramble up the middle.. :thud:

Jets are a good team.. they showed our youngsters how to shut the door.

and Pitts doesn't make mistakes that often. Especially if you consider that fact that he is the ONLY Texan to have played every offensive down since the Texans began in the NFL.

combine that with the fact that he didn't play football at all till college and he is actually quite impressive.

biggest question I have about the game is why didn't we call a timeout with 40 seconds left before the half and the Jets having to punt the ball. 40 seconds is alot of time to just 'give up' to the Jets and go into the half with a 1 point lead.

thegr8fan said:
biggest question I have about the game is why didn't we call a timeout with 40 seconds left before the half and the Jets having to punt the ball. 40 seconds is alot of time to just 'give up' to the Jets and go into the half with a 1 point lead.

Probably because the coaches were worried about Carr throwing a pick and giving the Jets some easy points. I'm glad they they didn't call timeout because every time Carr threw the ball today I was expecting an interception. That is hard to admit because I like Carr, but he is struggling.

well maybe carr could actually look at some OPTIONS when he drops back to pass, all he does is eye Johnnson down, and if he's covered he still tries to force it in ! I saw one play where he tried Johnnson while he was covered and bradford was wide open and it would of been a sure TD !

BornOrange said:
The holding call on that long touchdown was on Bruener.
Oops your right, I was thinking about him grabbing the guy by the helmet and the Personal Fould penalty that followed. My mistake.

Back