Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets game penalties

utahmark

markbeth
just saw jimmy smith run a fly pattern but leftwich thought he was going to stop. jimmy must not of saw the blitz. leftwich threw where he thought jimmy would be but there was no one there. no flag was thrown for grounding.

just making a point. ive seen a few post's that said that was a good grounding call on carr today. ive seen that same type play at least 500 times and never saw a flag before today.

not that it effected the outcome of the game. there were a lot of other reasons we lost this one. most of them were self induced. that was just one of the worst calls ive seen in a long time.

Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.

The Carr play was NOT intentional grounding. It WAS one of a series of horrible calls by the refs today.

Ibar_Harry said:
That play changed the tide of the ball game. Sorry, but one play can make a difference.

I think it was a series of plays (I mean calls) that took the fire out of our team. The picked up flag on the punt return, the above mentioned call.

Don't forget the holding call on the Davis touchdown... While it may have been holding, it's not what normally gets called. There was not a tug and Bruener was not out of position or beaten by the man he was blocking. Those things occur every play and are rarely called.

Also, let's not forget the no-call on the late hit that sent Carr out of the game and affected him the rest of the game. Not the first hit on him, but after that, another Jet came late and jumped on him while twisting his head up while Carr's body was pinned on the ground by Eric Barton.

I stated in another post, this loss is not to be blamed on the coaches or players. I usually admit when we got beat and even wooped but the Zebras beat the **** out of us this game.

I heard many people on 610 pointing the loss to Carr and I think that is unfair. Carr made some mistakes yes but the officials seemed to find the perfect areas to shift the momentum as we were gaining it.

dalemurphy said:
Don't forget the holding call on the Davis touchdown... While it may have been holding, it's not what normally gets called. There was not a tug and Bruener was not out of position or beaten by the man he was blocking. Those things occur every play and are rarely called.

Also, let's not forget the no-call on the late hit that sent Carr out of the game and affected him the rest of the game. Not the first hit on him, but after that, another Jet came late and jumped on him while twisting his head up while Carr's body was pinned on the ground by Eric Barton.

The first player to get Carr was a legal hit, my problem with that play was the second player grabbing Carr around the helmit and twisting it. Wasn't Pitts hit with a personal foul later in the game for the same thing.

As for DD's run, I agree. There are plenty of times during any game that you could call that type of play holding, but the refs don't. Just made it look like they didn't want to let the Texans get rolling.

V Man said:
The first player to get Carr was a legal hit, my problem with that play was the second player grabbing Carr around the helmit and twisting it. Wasn't Pitts hit with a personal foul later in the game for the same thing.

As for DD's run, I agree. There are plenty of times during any game that you could call that type of play holding, but the refs don't. Just made it look like they didn't want to let the Texans get rolling.

Yeah and the flag wasnt even thrown until Davis was already 30 yards down the field, what does he think the D-Line men could of caught up with Davis :loser

I have to admit, out of all the games this was the most irritating to watch because of the REFS....GEEZZZ, every play was a flag....And they got in the way twice on the field....It was just annoying to watch...Not to mention the important calls they missed that could have made a difference to us.

texansgal8 said:
I have to admit, out of all the games this was the most irritating to watch because of the REFS....GEEZZZ, every play was a flag....And they got in the way twice on the field....It was just annoying to watch...Not to mention the important calls they missed that could have made a difference to us.

Hmmmm i wonder if jets fans are complaining as well :hmmm: HAHA

if they are going to let a few bad calls effect their intensity then they deserve to lose. a good team would get fired up and play better after a few bad calls.

markbeth said:
if they are going to let a few bad calls effect their intensity then they deserve to lose. a good team would get fired up and play better after a few bad calls.
It's hard enough to win in this league without having the officials make calls that aren't even within the rules. If this was a baseball game, it should have been protested. Yeah, good teams overcome, but that's just flat out ridiculous and inexcusable from these officials. I'm sick to freaking death of officials having their hand in the flow of the game. They are there to enforce the rules of the game and that's it. Nothing more. When they are making calls that aren't in the rules, then somebody needs to be held accountable. Let the freaking teams PLAY THE GAME!!

Speedy said:
Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.

The Carr play was NOT intentional grounding. It WAS one of a series of horrible calls by the refs today.

That grounding call had to be one of the stupidest, most bone headed calls I have ever seen. There are 2-4 of those EVERY game of every week. And, almost as bad was the call/nocall play on the illegal block on the punt return. What were they thinking? :hairpull:

That flag wasn't the only bad call in that game. The officials "killed" any kind of momentum we could of had in the 3rd quarter with all of the flags with "no real" penalties called.

From Dr. Z's Power Rankings:

Sunday against the Jets, I saw a clear case of an officiating crew screwing up a team's momentum, messing with its head, generally turning it into a nervous wreck. Tom White's crew. First a Texans snap from center hits White as the Texans are punting out of their end zone. No play. Referee wasn't ready. Then an official drops a flag for push in the back on Santana Moss' 46-yard punt return, down to Houston's four, causing a bit of relaxation on the part of the coverage team. Uh, no flag. It was a side push. Play on. Then on the Texans' next possession David Carr is called for grounding when he and Andre Johnson clearly have gotten their reads fouled up, but Johnson really was the intended receiver. Then on the same series there is a 10-minute delay, first because the wrong yardage was marked off on a penalty, then because White got the downs screwed up and called fourth instead of third. The worst job of officiating of the year. Killed the Texans, it did.

For what that's worth.

Don't forget the cheesy illegal contact penalty on T-Buck that allowed the Texans only TD.

aj. said:
Don't forget the cheesy illegal contact penalty on T-Buck that allowed the Texans only TD.

True, I guess that one seems less extreme to me because the league has been so out of whack and inconsistant with those calls due to the new "emphasis" that I am used to horrible officiating on those calls. WR's blatantly bumping--DB gets flagged. DB's sleeve touches the WR--DB gets flagged. Bottom line is all that does is add another bad call to this crews already miserable performance.

TexansTrueFan said:
Hmmmm i wonder if jets fans are complaining as well :hmmm: HAHA

Yes they were, a little bit. They all agreed it was the poorest excuse for officiating a pro game they had ever seen. "But a win is a win". Had to agree with them. We would say the same thing. :listening

TexansTrueFan said:
oh well hopefully we get a better crew this game !

Are you kidding me? The NFL has a chance to make history this weekend and noone is going to stop them from MAKING that happen. I am actually looking forward to many many illegal use of hands/pass interference calls on our DBs this week.

El Tejano said:
Are you kidding me? The NFL has a chance to make history this weekend and noone is going to stop them from MAKING that happen. I am actually looking forward to many many illegal use of hands/pass interference calls on our DBs this week.

Good way to keep the fans in the game even if it is a blow-out.

Ha Ha! Was that sarcasm or real feelings? You can't possibly think that there isn't going to be some kind of bad call on a drive killing 3rd down can you?

No that was a realistic statement that bad calls (even good calls that are perceived as bad calls) will pump up a crowd.

ok some of you make it sound like the game is gonna be rigged ! I seriously doubt it, thats unless all the colts games this year were set up :hmmm: ! But NO WAY :listening

Back