Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jason Simmons

aj.

All Pro
I don't know if they showed it on TV but Jason's block on Barry Sims on Dunta's second return was one for the ages. If that one doesn't get featured on "Jacked Up" tomorrow night, something is wrong. That was probably the best blow up I've ever seen a 195 lb. guy put on a 300 pounder like....ever. Too bad all the chumps who started leaving at the 3:00 mark missed it.

Can't wait for the Raiders to see that on film. The big guy may get a little ribbing for that one.

They featured that hit on replay twice during the game. Believe me!, everybody saw it, including the announcers. Speaking of the announcers it seemed like the color guy was a raider fan. He kept whining about interferance when the raiders d-backs were pulling the same moves on us.

AMEN to that aj. I was jumping up and down in my seat when he NAILED him screaming to my seat crowd 'did you see that hit, did you see it?'

That was awesome!!!

Jwwillis said:
They featured that hit on replay twice during the game. Believe me!, everybody saw it, including the announcers. Speaking of the announcers it seemed like the color guy was a raider fan. He kept whining about interferance when the raiders d-backs were pulling the same moves on us.

Even then I didn't see it. At that moment we were busy giving grief to some obnoxious Raider fans.

Well I was one of those chumps (sick wife and marital bliss count for something) but can't wait to see that on the DVR.

Yeah they featured it on TV, and one of the announcers yelled out "Oh what a block by Andre Johnson!!!". After the commercial break he came back on and realized it was Jason Simmons. It was a monstrous hit, and it definately should be featured on "Jacked Up". As a matter of fact, it should serve as the definition of "Jacked Up" in the dictionary from now on.

Texan281 said:
God dang, I wish I could see this hit yall are talking about...

Try watching SportsCenter at 10, but I doubt they'll show it. If you've got ESPNnews then keep it on there till they make it to the Texans highlight, and you'll have a better shot at catching it. I'm guessing those of you who haven't seen it and/or missed it will have to wait till Monday Night Countdown's "Jacked Up" segment. That is unless you have a DVR or tape of the game you can watch. The hit is worth all the difficulty you'll have trying to catch a glimpse of it. Just to illustrate how great a block it was just picture that block Ray Lewis put on that Denver Bronco last year on a Monday night game. Now turn the Bronco into a 300lb OLineman, and turn Ray Lewis into Jason Simmons. Then you've got an idea of the impact of that hit.

The hit occured during one of Robinsons interception returns. Knocks his helmit off and de-cleats him...awsome hit

That was an amazing hit!! The people around me were going nuts over it.

Check out Texans Wrap on Fox Sports SW at 11 pm tonight...I'm sure that they will have it.

I was at the game but did not see the hit. i was watching the return but miised that block. i will watch espn and hope to see it. Sounds like an awesome hit. can't wait to see it.

3rd Coast Playa said:
it might land on chris bermans top plays......haha givin texans props is what i like

I was watching the top plays, and only caught the Top 5. Guess what was number 4? Amos Zeroue's long TD run. :thumbdown It was a good run, but that block was sooo much better IMO. Oh well guess I'll have to wait till I get my own Top 10 Plays segment on ESPN.

The best part about the hit was the helmet rolling across the field. It was real thing of beauty.
Jwwillis said:
I thought the announcers were really unbiased. They commented several times about how much improved the Texans are. I thought they did a great job, as for the call in question, according to the new rules. They are right, it was pass interferance before the pick, the refs just missed the call. Call it pay back for the bad call on AJ's catch against Detroit.

That was an awesome hit ..... I stopped watching the runback completely when that happened and starting yelling and pointing ... my wife's face went white ... she was sure that sims was dead ....

Now that's what I call putting the "Hitstick" to good use. Anyway, I'd love to see it again on the 'net. Does anyone have a link?

No thats not the only reason he got the game ball...he's played his heart out for this team and had made several huge plays including about 4 (??) in this win...I dont know the exact number but maybe someone that has the game on tape or has dvr can be more exact.

texansfan88 said:
Man, I still have not seen it

I haven't seen it in any of the recaps of the game yet, but I think someone else mentioned that there's a good chance it will be on Texans Huddle on Thursday. That's probably the best bet, but I'm going to watch Monday Night Countdown to see if it's on the "Jacked Up" segment. They tend to show more clips from the game than ESPN. I almost hope the NFL fines him so they'll have to show the clip more often....ALMOST. I've been looking for a clip on the net, but I haven't found one. Anyone hear if Simms was injured at all? I'd hate to see that happen.

texasguy346 said:
I haven't seen it in any of the recaps of the game yet, but I think someone else mentioned that there's a good chance it will be on Texans Huddle on Thursday. That's probably the best bet, but I'm going to watch Monday Night Countdown to see if it's on the "Jacked Up" segment. They tend to show more clips from the game than ESPN. I almost hope the NFL fines him so they'll have to show the clip more often....ALMOST. I've been looking for a clip on the net, but I haven't found one. Anyone hear if Simms was injured at all? I'd hate to see that happen.

You almost hope they fine him?? You cant be serious :crazy: ???? It was a clean hit and frankly it was about time someone on this team starting laying the wood like we all thought they would this year.

sprtsfanatic said:
You almost hope they fine him?? You cant be serious :crazy: ???? It was a clean hit and frankly it was about time someone on this team starting laying the wood like we all thought they would this year.

That's why I said almost. If they fined him then the hit would be highlighted on most sports shows, and then everyone who hasn't seen it would finally see what all the fuss is about. It's not out of the question for him to be fined though. They fined Roy Williams for that hit on Coles in the Redskins/Cowboys game last Monday night. His hit was very clean, and he was still fined $7500.

Ok...what exact time does this "Jacked up" segment come on tonight? I saw the hit from the stands and my jaw dropped. Really felt bad for the guy...he was rolling around in pain for awhile.

Good to see he got up after a minuite....and good to see his head was still attatched to his shoulders as well.

TEXANS84 said:
Ok...what exact time does this "Jacked up" segment come on tonight? I saw the hit from the stands and my jaw dropped. Really felt bad for the guy...he was rolling around in pain for awhile.

Good to see he got up after a minuite....and good to see his head was still attatched to his shoulders as well.

I'm not sure of the exact time. It's usually on sometime during the hour and a half pre game coverage ESPN does on Monday Night Countdown. It's genearlly towards the end, but I'll be watching the whole thing just in case.

I have watched that hit multiple times on Tivo, I hope that NFL films caught it and they have a good shot of it on film on Inside the NFL, but they have been really weak on Texans highlights so far this season on HBO. When i first saw the hit i thought it was on Robert Gallery and i thought his career was over.

The hit was simply brutal and Sims better be thanking his lucky stars that Simmons is under 200lbs... if that was someone even 25lbs heavier he could have been down for alot longer. Sims hit the ground before his helmet did.

Great hit. I was shocked both of them came out uninjured. I hope someone can find a link on the net of the hit.

I cant believe that didnt make the Jacked up list. It was a better hit than any of the five they had on there.

I cant believe that didnt make the Jacked up list. It was a better hit than any of the five they had on there.

I think it wasn't on there cause there wasn't a real clear view of it on film

agreed, definately better than all except maybe the henderson "rick james" slap :hehe: someone has got to have had a good angle on it. i REALLY hope it makes it on the internet. if anyone finds it please post where you found it!!

I thought for sure it would be on Jacked Up. That list was horrible, but I did like the Henderson slap and the hit on Brooks at the goaline by the Cards.

They showed on FoxSW that Capers gave Jason Simmons the game ball. He mentioned Jason was one person who went throug alot last week. What happened? Other than the hit, I don't know why Jason would've gotten the game ball.

Does anyone know who exactly passed away as far as relation to him? I am praying for Jason and his family.

Back