Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

It’s a bye week, thought I’d share...

Thanks for posting. That was some classic old school football we grew up watching and loved.

That was an illegal helmet to helmet hit though. Fifteen yard penalty, automatic first down. Two players in concussion protocol. One player fined and suspended.

I hope those players have healthcare benefits paid for by the NFL and Players association for some CTE and arthritis.

Thanks for posting. That was some classic old school football we grew up watching and loved.

That was an illegal helmet to helmet hit though. Fifteen yard penalty, automatic first down. Two players in concussion protocol. One player fined and suspended.

I hope those players have healthcare benefits paid for by the NFL and Players association for some CTE and arthritis.

Yeah, that hit by Reasons would have gotten him in a lot of trouble today. Did you see how young Belichick looked? But you’re right, classic old school football with Summerall and Madden. Intense as hell. I miss it.

Yeah, that hit by Reasons would have gotten him in a lot of trouble today. Did you see how young Belichick looked? But you’re right, classic old school football with Summerall and Madden. Intense as hell. I miss it.

That’s why I think today’s players would have such a harder time playing in that NFL. Few players could deal with the bodies flying all around and the hard hits. Today’s QBs and WRs would have such a hard time.

Today’s players are more talented, but not as tough.

Few things are more American than watching an old NFL broadcast with them announcing.

Makes me more irritated with Chris Collinsworth and Joe Buck more.

This. Any game with Chris Collinsworth gets the mute button punched.

Reactions: JB

That's football but it's not God'ell's type of bastardized football.

I also love watching old games on Youtube. Yesterday I watched both of the 1995 Cowboys vs Redskins games, the second one from week 14 was a ******* glorious blast to the past because it was the full complete broadcast with all the commercials and the full halftime show with clips of Moon, Marino, et al. 90's Fox presentation with Madden/Summerall, lovely relaxing afternoon watching those yesterday put me in such a good mood.

It's a shame there are not more Texans games on Youtube, would LOVE to see the 2004 wins over the Titans again(also the game against Minnesota was epic even though we lost). I think they have the 2009/2010 games available on the desktop app for NFL Game Pass been thinking about getting that to see that one game from 2009 against the Titans and the 2010 Redskins game but I hate having to hook my computer up to my TV via HDMI, they need to put all that **** on the Roku app.

I also love watching old games on Youtube. Yesterday I watched both of the 1995 Cowboys vs Redskins games, the second one from week 14 was a ******* glorious blast to the past because it was the full complete broadcast with all the commercials and the full halftime show with clips of Moon, Marino, et al. 90's Fox presentation with Madden/Summerall, lovely relaxing afternoon watching those yesterday put me in such a good mood.

It's a shame there are not more Texans games on Youtube, would LOVE to see the 2004 wins over the Titans again(also the game against Minnesota was epic even though we lost). I think they have the 2009/2010 games available on the desktop app for NFL Game Pass been thinking about getting that to see that one game from 2009 against the Titans and the 2010 Redskins game but I hate having to hook my computer up to my TV via HDMI, they need to put all that **** on the Roku app.

Not the games you asked for, but I was at this game and it was the most exciting game I've ever seen in person. Emotionally exhausting.

Not the games you asked for, but I was at this game and it was the most exciting game I've ever seen in person. Emotionally exhausting.

Oh yeah, I have that one recorded to VHS tape(yeah I still have a VCR), Andre's touchdown in the end still gives me goosebumps. Has there ever been a louder crowd pop at Reliant? Not that i can remember.

Jack Tatum and Ronnie Lott couldn't exist today. It's a different game. Probably more artistic but less compelling overall imo.

Oh man I'm having a nostalgia overdose right now, just found the Oilers vs 49ers game from Christmas night 1993 on Youtube.

Great video, I remember that game well, 49ers had top offense in the NFL that year, a year when there were only 4 teams to score over 350(the fewest amount of teams ever in the 16 game schedule era) and the 49ers led the NFL with like almost 480 that year so we go and beat them on the road holding that offense to just 3 points winning our 10th game in a row(had just dominated Pittsburgh on the road the week before to clinch the division) so I was so hyped about them going into those playoffs. This was me and my little bro that night:

2qu4x8m.jpg

Man, those were the days! NFL from the 1970s-1990s was truly awesome, and made me fall in love with the game as a fan. The contrast between brutal impacts and delicate touches, the deep strategies of a dynamic team sport and the ebbs and flows within a single game against the one-on-one battles happening with every play. There is just so much to dig about pro football.

Of course, we didn't know what we didn't know. Maybe we should have known what these guys were doing to themselves. . .but, would it have mattered?

There seems to be a longing from old-school football fans for the "way things use to be", but could we enjoy it now knowing full well that those hits will most likely lead to lifelong brain damage, dementia, and shortening of life spans?

I've got mixed feelings about it, tbh.

We still watch boxing and MMA knowing what they are doing to themselves. You can only make contact sports so safe before they become a different product.

I just wish those old clips were in HD. :D Earl running over fools was a thing of beauty. Screw super hero comics, my hero was #34.

My favorite Texans game was one we lost & probably not the loudest because so many gave up and left - the OT loss to Baltimore. Drove 99 yds to go from 21 down to 14, gave up a TD and had to work off 21 pts again starting with a 94 yd drive. Needed 8 with no time left and made it with AJ. That offense was crushing a really good Baltimore D. And with drives of 12 & 11 plays, the Baltimore D was absolutely gassed. Schaub turned the corner and made 12 they were so gassed.

One of the loudest games was '07 against the Titans with about 20,000 people left because they were down 32-7 at the end of 3.

Texans made the big comeback to take a 36-35 lead and that place got loud because the 20,000 left were banging empty beer cans against the empty seats. Texans lost on a last second FG, but that was a crazy exciting game.

One of the loudest games was '07 against the Titans with about 20,000 people left because they were down 32-7 at the end of 3.

Texans made the big comeback to take a 36-35 lead and that place got loud because the 20,000 left were banging empty beer cans against the empty seats. Texans lost on a last second FG, but that was a crazy exciting game.

Gotta admit I left at the end of the 3rd for beer & BBQ.

I remember this well, in fact this is probably my most vivid memory of that 2007 season. Sage Rosenfels almost pulled off the greatest comeback in NFL regular season history instead now he'll forever be remembered for the Rosen-Copter, if I remember correctly ole dude for the Titans made like 12 field goals to beat us, it was terrible.

Back