Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Is JJ going to be looking for a new team?

JJ was a surprise last year. If I remember right, he also had a better average in the 2nd half of the season than in the first. And he was tied for number 10 on kick off returns. I think about half the guys above him were injured before the season ended, too.

I think what that spells is that they're going to compete for the job, but it's too early to write him off. Last year, they kept him on the team, but I don't think they ever had him play as a receiver at all. That tells me they value a one role guy in some positions. However, if somebody else excels at punt returner, but not kickoffs, they've got a problem.

Bottom line: will depend on who stays healthy, but nobody can predict it yet. Somebody said Duff sounded like Deion Sanders. Not when you're drafted in the 6th round. I don't think they'll cut JJ early, unless they have a couple of good alternatives.

Also, isn't Rober' returning some in NFL Europe?

Are the cut dates posted yet?

Because JJ was so consistant on kickoffs I suspect that the coaching staff will be reluctant to let anyone do it if they can't prove to be at least that consistant. However, there is no doubt he has a roster problem being ONLY a KR AND taking up a WR spot.

Back