Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Interior DLine

I don't understand the purpose of this thread. Everyone that watched knows they had a bad game. All the quick hitting short passes didn't help matters

We can make a thread about any position group on defense after the last game. They were all terrible.

Missing the safeties or not there is no reason they should have performed so poorly. They did significantly better against a more talented team on the road in week 1. Hopefully the team fixes that pathetic display from week 2.

We can make a thread about any position group on defense after the last game. They were all terrible.

Missing the safeties or not there is no reason they should have performed so poorly. They did significantly better against a more talented team on the road in week 1. Hopefully the team fixes that pathetic display from week 2.

I think the Colts Oline is more physical than the Ravens, so will be interesting going forward to see if this is something that happens when they face more physical lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly isn’t the safety position the last line of defense. So with the most productive defensive player on this roster out, who happens to play safety (Pitre) that’s a hole other teams will exploit and there’s not much you can do about it. Defensive front is what concerns me. Texans front was controlled at line of scrimmage and blocked out of both running and passing lanes exposing secondary and creating mismatches with linebackers. Defensively completely out coached.

Texans are still razor thin depth wise and it’s showing, but hopefully every significant player who is currently out will return healthy, post bye week. Texans could very well lose every game until then and be 0-6? After which go on a nice little winning run and finish up .500. I could live with that and chalk it up as progress!

:logo:

Honestly isn’t the safety position the last line of defense. So with the most productive defensive player on this roster out, who happens to play safety (Pitre) that’s a hole other teams will exploit and there’s not much you can do about it. Defensive front is what concerns me. Texans front was controlled at line of scrimmage and blocked out of both running and passing lanes exposing secondary and creating mismatches with linebackers. Defensively completely out coached.

Texans are still razor thin depth wise and it’s showing, but hopefully every significant player who is currently out will return healthy, post bye week. Texans could very well lose every game until then and be 0-6? After which go on a nice little winning run and finish up .500. I could live with that and chalk it up as progress!

It looks to me like there was confusion at the second level from time to time as well.
Could be the unclear communication from the "defensive QB".

It looks to me like there was confusion at the second level from time to time as well.
Could be the unclear communication from the "defensive QB".
Ward and Pitre are also the brains or defensive QB for Texans, this is true, but defensive front was completely nullified by the Colts OL/Scheme. Admit, don’t know much about Jacques Cesaire DL coach, but has to do a better job schematically. Holdover, from Lovie Smith staff as DL coach.

After a year working as a sports analyst for local radio and television in the San Diego area, Cesaire began his coaching career in college football with the Toreros of the University of San Diego in 2015. He was the assistant defensive line coach under Dale Lindsey until 2019. The team won the Pioneer Football League in each year Cesaire coached there.

On February 7, 2020, Cesaire was hired as the assistant defensive line coach, under Sean McDermott, for the Buffalo Bills.[4] The Bills won the AFC East title while he coached there.

On February 21, 2022, two weeks after the hiring of Lovie Smith, Cesaire was hired as the defensive line coach for the Houston Texans

Last edited:

Texans injury report will be published after todays practice.

Ward and Pitre are also the brains or defensive QB for Texans, this is true, but defensive front was completely nullified by the Colts OL/Scheme. Admit, don’t know much about Jacques Cesaire DL coach, but has to do a better job schematically.
I was tying the safeties to the coverage (or break down in coverage), but sure, the Dline wasn't doing the back end much of a favor.

The bolded is impossible in a 17 game season.

The bolded is impossible in a 17 game season.
Improbable but not impossible. An 8-8-1 record would do it. In fact last year the NFL achieved their goal of parity. The total regular season win/loss record for the league in 2022 was 269-269-4 a perfect 500 win percentage.

Improbable but not impossible. An 8-8-1 record would do it. In fact last year the NFL achieved their goal of parity. The total regular season win/loss record for the league in 2022 was 269-269-4 a perfect 500 win percentage.

If you're joking, it's hilarious.

If you're not... It's impossible not to be perfectly balanced because every time one team loses, another team wins, and everytime one team ties, so does another. It's a zero sum game. The wins minus the losses is always zero.

But like I said, if you're joking, it's hilarious.

I laughed at it, and then I did the eye squint and the "not sure if serious" face.

If you're joking, it's hilarious.

If you're not... It's impossible not to be perfectly balanced because every time one team loses, another team wins, and everytime one team ties, so does another. It's a zero sum game. The wins minus the losses is always zero.

But like I said, if you're joking, it's hilarious.

I laughed at it, and then I did the eye squint and the "not sure if serious" face.

1696256807879.png

I don't think the Texans will be in a position to pick TE- Bowers (Georgia), but I wouldn't hesitate to re-sign Schultz and sign TE- Hunter Henry (NE) as an UFA in the off-season. They could pick up a blocking TE late in the draft to work with these two.
Depends on the cost.

I'm hoping they spend money in FA on the defense.particularly the DT and LB positions. Although the LB position seems to be fairly deep in the 2024 draft.

Depends on the cost.

I'm hoping they spend money in FA on the defense.particularly the DT and LB positions. Although the LB position seems to be fairly deep in the 2024 draft.

I'm really liking DT- Kris Jenkins (MI) and DT- Brandon Fiske (FL St).....both should be there for the Texans in RD1.

I'm really liking DT- Kris Jenkins (MI) and DT- Brandon Fiske (FL St).....both should be there for the Texans in RD1.
Good players

There's no Jeff Simmons, Vea, Lawrence, Donald, Armstead, Buckner's in this class.

If Wilkins becomes available in FA I pay him. I know he's from Clemson but I'm willing to make a deal with the devil in this case.

I would like to see Horton rotated inside on passing downs more often. The team needs a disruptor in the interior and it’s time to mix and match until they find the right combination.

Khalil Davis has also shown signs of life as well. I’m interested in seeing him get more snaps.

Will Ridgeway be returning anytime soon? @CloakNNNdagger
That’s a question for Coach Ryans. Lol

Just stumbled across an interesting little article in the Commanders Fan Nation. In their minds, the Commanders could be looking to off load DT, Chase Young before the deadline since they declined his 5th year option which makes him an UFA at seasons end. The article also mentioned it could make more sense the Commanders to franchise tag Sweat versus Young. If this is the case, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see the Commanders try and move Young before the deadline in order to recoup something for him.

In their proposal, the Ravens could be the optimal option and they’d give up a 2024 RD3 and 2025 RD3 to make it happen. Ummmmm, I’d be fairly certain the Texans could throw a similar package at the Commanders and get the deal done. My package could be a 2024 RD3, 2025 RD4, and DT- Kurt Hinish.

Chase Young is coming off an ACL injury from a couple of seasons ago, but it looks as though he’s finally regaining his early skill set. He missed WK1, but started the past 5 games this season. If I could roll the dice on getting Young for a couple of picks along with Hinish….I’d do it.

I keep seeing Chase Young to the Texans rumours especially by Texans fans and I wouldn't do it personally.

1. It basically guarantees either Young or Greenard walk out the door. The only way to prevent that would be to give them both big contracts because neither is going to want to sign a bridge or prove it deal here when they risk getting less snaps because of the other. That's a lot of $ on the table and it would behoove one or the other to sign elsewhere and be the guaranteed #1 to get that top pass rusher money.

2. The injuries. This is already a team who has had to navigate several injury crisis while the season is still young and adding another injury prone player doesn't appeal to me.

3. Deep draft. I'm not ecstatic to hear about giving up multiple draft picks for someone who needs a contract.

Last edited:
Back