Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Interesting Quotes

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
In this mornings chronic:

"Its getting old. I don't understand why. The things we do to beat ourselves. It's frustrating. Its time for a change." G. Walker

"I hate losing. I know a lot of people that are happy right now that the game didn't get out of hand. The point is, we still lost" [/I] Dunta Robinson

And the most thought provoking:

" I was done with losing that first season. No more positives. You have to produce. Somebody has to show us the way. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but whos going to direct us there? We need somebody to direct us to wins instead of close games" J Sharper

Some of our players are as frustrated as we are with the way the season is going.

Am I reading too much into their comments about needing "change" or needing "somebody" to direct them. Is this an indictment by two players who have been there against our coaching staff? Just wondering?

cac :coffee:

I heard those same comments.

One of the worse things that can happen to a team is internal friction. I hope Walker accepts that he has played poorly this year based on his huge salary. He's one of the problems as far as I am concerned. Overpaid player at the end of his career. I never did get signing him to that huge contract.

As for Robinson I don't know whom he might be speaking of but he's right.

Sharper sounds to me like he's speaking about coaching.

Sure does sound like an indictment against the leadership ..
The thing is, these players have been patient and aren't known for crying wolf.
Hope someone is listening... or next thing we'll hear are demands to be traded.

Sharper and Walker don't have any time to waste, they need and want to see results right now.
Being a Sharper fan from Day 1, I believe he peaked last year. His comments made, beginning of this season, about someone needing to step up to challenge him for his position, makes me believe he knows just how much he's got left to give.

i might be reading too much into this but why is it only defensive players saying this...shouldn't the offense be as pissed as the defense or do we only have real players on defense which isn't exactly putting up solid numbers themselves...sharper as won it all before and knows a winning team when he sees one...that and he knows what it takes to win a super bowl...if he thinks there is a need for a change in the coaching department i'll believe him

It's about time that the players start calling out the coaching staff their game planning is what is killing this team. I think their calling out CARR to.

First, these players are no dummies and they've bought into Caper's
'coaching not to lose' approach for all the reasons he has given them from
day one but players are tired of losing. And, its not just the losing that has
to bother them but, just like with the fans, its the way they lose.

Capers and Casserly are satisfied with the "moral victory" of losing close
games, even games the Texans could easily have won, but maybe there
is the beginning of a wall or 2 cracking in the players mind. How long is
too long for the players to believe that- with the status quo - winning is
just around the corner? Is winning sooner or later? :lipseal

It looked to me like the pressure on Manning picked up quite a bit when Peek was left in the game. Why has it taken so long for the coaching staff to give him playing time? I don't care if he makes a few mistakes, the coaches need to put him in a position to succeed.

Let's be realistic, the Texans do not have the personnel to run a 3-4 defense. There are 5 or 6 defensive ends on the roster that simply cannot play linebacker.

keyfro said:
i might be reading too much into this but why is it only defensive players saying this
No, I think you're reading it just right. They held up their end of the bargain
yesterday and they are complaining because their partner didn't. Not the first
time this year when the D had a solid 4 quarters and the offense didn't.

The D had a solid 3 quarters yesterday. The Colts had 114 yards on 15 plays and 2 TDs in the 1st quarter. Only one of the TDs was enabled by good field position. The second Colts drive was like a hot knife through butter.

The Texans 'won' quarters 2-4 by a score of 14-9. Too bad the game is four quarters long.

The early deficit, helped by a sack, a penalty, and an interception on the Texans first 7 plays of the game was too much to overcome.

The Texans ran only 54 offensive plays yesterday and they had 5 sacks, 5 false starts, an interception, and a fumble. I'm surprised they kept it as close as they did.

When the Texans took over the ball at their own 36 with 7:38 remaining in the game only trailing by 6, I thought to myself - regardless of everything that went on earlier in the game, it's there right now for the taking. A 3-and-out (including another sack) later, I snapped back into reality.

the wonger need food said:
It looked to me like the pressure on Manning picked up quite a bit when Peek was left in the game. Why has it taken so long for the coaching staff to give him playing time? I don't care if he makes a few mistakes, the coaches need to put him in a position to succeed.

Let's be realistic, the Texans do not have the personnel to run a 3-4 defense. There are 5 or 6 defensive ends on the roster that simply cannot play linebacker.

I think next season babin and peek will be the answer to the OLBs. There isnt any depth beyond that. Wong should be playing inside so they can stay outside, or he can play backup/substitute at all of the positions since he can play them all. They need someone in the middle. And they do have the personnel for a 3-4, they just need a couple improvements in the middle at LB and the Dline. Payne is stepping up so adding another guy inside would be great. This defense will improve greatly next season, but only if the blitzing starts and losing zone coverage 90% of the time. They drafted Peek, Babin, Robinson, and Earl to make plays, so let them run around free and make them. And someone needs to get carr to do something, he came in as the 4th qb in the afc? he sure hasnt shown it in the last couple weeks. Its dump off after dump off to Davis, what happened to giving it to AJ? The deep routes may have been covered, but what about hte quick outs and let him run? How about a WR screen to AJ? Open it up.

i can see why the D is mad, they held the highest scoring offense in football to 23 points, and our offense could only score 14 against a not so good D ! The offense has not been helping the Defense out like they should be !

Cincinnatikid said:
I think next season babin and peek will be the answer to the OLBs. There isnt any depth beyond that. Wong should be playing inside so they can stay outside, or he can play backup/substitute at all of the positions since he can play them all. They need someone in the middle. And they do have the personnel for a 3-4, they just need a couple improvements in the middle at LB and the Dline. Payne is stepping up so adding another guy inside would be great. This defense will improve greatly next season, but only if the blitzing starts and losing zone coverage 90% of the time. They drafted Peek, Babin, Robinson, and Earl to make plays, so let them run around free and make them. And someone needs to get carr to do something, he came in as the 4th qb in the afc? he sure hasnt shown it in the last couple weeks. Its dump off after dump off to Davis, what happened to giving it to AJ? The deep routes may have been covered, but what about hte quick outs and let him run? How about a WR screen to AJ? Open it up.

haha well he didnt exactly have great protection yesterday, hard to throw the deep ball when ya cant hold the ball more than 1.5 sec. And if not for dump offs he woulda been sacked or thrown it away !

Thats not the first time ive seen Dunta making a comment like that. Worries me. I dont want us to turn out like the Bengals... where most of the team doesnt care about winning.. and all the really good players we get are just looking for a chance to get traded.

If this attitude continues in the lockerroom.. toss Capers out. Im a capers supporter but if his players start getting the feeling that we arent trying to win.. then he is doing something VERY wrong and we need to replace him.

aj. said:
The early deficit, helped by a sack, a penalty, and an interception on the Texans first 7 plays of the game was too much to overcome.
The Texans ran only 54 offensive plays yesterday and they had 5 sacks, 5 false starts, an interception, and a fumble. I'm surprised they kept it as close as they did.
When the Texans took over the ball at their own 36 with 7:38 remaining in the game only trailing by 6, I thought to myself - regardless of everything that went on earlier in the game, it's there right now for the taking. A 3-and-out (including another sack) later, I snapped back into reality.
Yea, can you believe our first O series of the game, DC throws an interception
and hands the ball over to Manning on our 30 yard line.
Then at the of the game (7 minutes left), and we have good FP, we can't
get one 1st down. And all of this is in Reliant Stadium(homefield).
Like I said, no wonder the D is pisxxx off at the O.

Wouldn't this be a good idea for the D....use the 3-4 and 4-3. All I'm going to say.

Anyway,about these quotes....It seems like they (Walker/Sharper) are either talking about the Coaching staff or David Carr. Since I doubt its Carr,i'm going with the coaching staff. It doesn't surprise me that out leaders are p.o.'ed because the team is losing games that they should have won,not making the playoffs,etc. Walker and Sharper are BOTH used to making the playoffs,(winning super bowl,consistantly making the playoffs,etc.)so these comments don't surprise me at all.

cuppacoffee said:
In this mornings chronic:

"Its getting old. I don't understand why. The things we do to beat ourselves. It's frustrating. Its time for a change." G. Walker
"Hello kettle ... this is the pot ... you're black"

When you are a pro bowl player and you're making the kind of money that Gary is, you are supposed to be the guy to lead the team to victory.

How many game turning plays did Gary have yesterday?

People love to hate on the coaches for what they describe as game plans designed to 'keep it close' to the end of the game. But let's face it, game planning for the Colts is a difficult task. Remember 'genius' Fischer with his approach to the Colts ... bombs away and on side kicks. I applaud Fischer for recognizing it was the only chance the Tacks had to beat the Colts, but it does show that game planning the Colts is difficult.

The Texans game plan gave them a good chance to win the game. They had the ball, down 6 points with 6:10 to go. They needed just to move the ball down the field, take down the time and score. Manning doesn't see the field again and they win.

I appreciate that the players weren't able to execute to get that done, but I can't see blaming the coaching and 'throwing the baby out with the bath water.' What's needed is for the Walkers, McKinneys, Sharpers, Wongs, Glenns, Weigerts to lead the way. Isn't that what happens on winning teams?

well as far as carr...i think he's still trying to do too much sometimes and other times i think he has no confidence in his o-line...no matter how improved it is it's still not where it needs to be...we need a franchise LT...we need carr to have about 3.9 seconds to throw the ball and we need our leading reciever every game to be johnson not davis...and i know yesterday carr didn't have the time to try the deep ball...but as some point in time you gotta figure out away to try the deep ball...hell do a two man route and have two tight ends in there to help block...we've gotta get our best players the ball...something we didn't do yesterday

Back