Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Why does Fuller always get a pass??

wrong thread

I think your in the right thread. I think fate meant for you to be here. I think you have some unknown message you should convey with us. Every moment, every day, every second of your life has brought you here. Its prepared you to post a message for us...

Or maybe I was reading way to much into sarva's purpose of life in another thread. My bad.

I'd much rather have WFV in the 4th than in the 1st qtr. He shouldn't take a snap before halftime.

Divisional round of playoffs... A strained groin from three weeks earlier. Risk re-aggravation. It is the end of the season. Don't say before the game that it is still bothering you.

Divisional round of playoffs... A strained groin from three weeks earlier. Risk re-aggravation. It is the end of the season. Don't say before the game that it is still bothering you.

So lie to the doctors and risk your career?

Generally speaking they wouldn’t even put him on the field if he couldn’t run full speed, if they did id consider that negligence. So you’d manage his reps in terms of the number of plays as well as what plays you run with him in the game. It would be tougher to load the box with Fuller in the game due to his speed, so you should be able to run with him in the game. If it were me, I’d throw deep to him in the first 5-6 plays just to show it, then have him run some basic curls/stops for the majority of his reps and if I noticed the defense starting to sit on him I’d call a
Stop and go or something similar. I’d definitely limit his deep routes. I’d call just enough to make the defense respect him

Most hamstring injuries happen when guys are running at or near peak velocity so shorter routes should be fine

Additionally, keeping the number of reps on the lower side helps prevent fatigue. A fatigued muscle can’t handle the same forces a healthy well conditioned muscle can. Shorter routes would also help manage fatigue. I’d also tell Fuller to run the majority of his routes at 90-95% effort, he’d still be really fast. This would also help manage his fatigue
Pretty much the same recommendations I would feel is prudent. Only thing I might point out though is these recommendations would be appropriate for hamstrings. But now with the introduction of groin issues (which are many times associated with hip dysfunction), sudden acceleration, and especially sudden deceleration (stop and go) as well as sudden change of direction is a spector that may haunt the alternative approaches you mentioned.

Back