Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Info if possible on a couple players

General Taylor

Practice Squad
Hey guys from Winnipeg Canada here and you have a couple players on your roster that played for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and wonder if you can tell me if you think they will make either your roster or practice roster in your opinion of course.

Albert Johnson was dynamite for us for a couple yeears has great speed but injuried his knee twice in Miami and only stuck around the Jets for a couple games.. I seen he had a few big punt returns and took one to the house in NFLE...

Garrick Jones was dynamite for us on our O line in the five games he played and he is one player I would love to have back here in Winnipeg as our O line is suspect right now after the first game of the season... He has loads of talent and just wondering if you think the guy will get a chance on your roster this year.

Thanks in advance and good luck this season... (I should point out though I am a Dolphin fan...sorry :))

Unfortunately, there hasn't been alot of information about any of the Texans players with the exception of a few of the rookies and starters. If you are interested, here is a pretty good story about Albert Johnson. For any real information, you will probably have to wait until training camp starts.

Thanks for the story.. AJ was very explosvie up here in Canada he was amazing on returns and made some highlight catches at reciever.. I do hope he sticks with you and has a great year.

Now that training camp is into full swing how are these guys looking, especially Garrick Jones whats his chance of sticking with you guys?

Last year the Texans went into the season with three OTs (Pitts, Wand, Randall). If they do that again this year, Jones doesn't stand a chance since he's clearly behind Marcus Spears who is the team's #3 OT. If they decide to keep four OTs, he has a shot along with Curry Dawson who is his main competition.

I watched Albert a little bit last night. Nice hands and fast but he's way small. He might have an outside shot if he can contribute on punt returns but that's about the only way I see him having even an outside chance.

Welcome to our TEXANS board General! Even if your guys don't make the team, just come on back every once in a while and visit. You will find this a friendly place, with lots of football info! The Dolphins are hurting real bad this year, but, they will bounce back! There's always room for a Dolphin fan around here. Ya better watch out though, the TEXANS are addictive and you just might find yourself with a steel blue jersey and learning TexanTalk! :excited:

Thanks guys, I will visit back here during the season. Although I would love to see Garrick Jones make the team my Blue Bombers here in the CFL are horrible right now as we have no O line and he would look great up here.

Also glad to see another ex CFLer making a name down in Texas in Derrick Armstrong. Guess the Texans like the CFL. I actually like Texas when I worked at the airport here in Winnipeg people from Texas were some of the nicest people I have ever met. Be a great place to visit one day.

Back