Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Improving Our DB Room

Which DB prospects do y’all want to see the Texans draft to improve from our 32nd ranking?

CBs
Elijah Molden
Ambry Thomas
Kary Vincent Jr
Eric Stokes

Developmental: Keith Taylor, Darren Hall, Bryan Mills, Mark Gilbert (if medical checks out)

S
Richie Grant
Talanoa Hufanga
Divine Deablo
Christian Uphoff

As much as I would like to take a cornerback at 67 I do not like any that should be available at that time. Part of the reason that I was hoping a Watson to Miami trade {when they had 1.3} could be accomplished bringing in Xavien Howard as part of the deal.

Which DB prospects do y’all want to see the Texans draft to improve from our 32nd ranking?

CBs
Elijah Molden
Ambry Thomas
Kary Vincent Jr
Eric Stokes

Developmental: Keith Taylor, Darren Hall, Bryan Mills, Mark Gilbert (if medical checks out)

S
Richie Grant
Talanoa Hufanga
Divine Deablo
Christian Uphoff

Molden will probably be gone. I really like Melifonu but he will probably be gone too. Stokes probably goes late 1st/early 2nd. Tay Gowan is a guy I like in the 4th/5th. I also like Taylor alot. But out of the CB list give me Ambry Thomas.

Uphoff

Molden will probably be gone. I really like Melifonu but he will probably be gone too. Stokes probably goes late 1st/early 2nd. Tay Gowan is a guy I like in the 4th/5th. I also like Taylor alot. But out of the CB list give me Ambry Thomas.

Uphoff
It’ll be interesting to see how the board falls. I know that there will be a run on CBs, but the question is when. Will somebody fall due to medical? I’ve seen some reports that Caleb Farley might fall into the 2nd. Also Will the players who opted out fall? I know Adebo, Thomas, and Vincent Jr all chose to opt out. I’d be willing to take any of them depending on which round.

As much as I would like to take a cornerback at 67 I do not like any that should be available at that time. Part of the reason that I was hoping a Watson to Miami trade {when they had 1.3} could be accomplished bringing in Xavien Howard as part of the deal.
If we traded back a couple of slots in the 3rd, do you have any guys you’d want?

If we traded back a couple of slots in the 3rd, do you have any guys you’d want?
Unfortunately no. Due to the cesspool of everything going on with the Texans, I did not follow college football much at all this past season. I am still hopeful for a Watson trade at some point but did not post my usual weekly or so mocks as I have historically. I do not see trading back in the third round to gain as much more than 6 round picks or so.

On my mock that I use for personal I had chuba Hubbard with our fourth round pick. I do not see a running back being added at this point. If my feet were held to the fire I would say the third round selection when we do make it will be for either a corner, safety or Edge rusher.

Unfortunately no. Due to the cesspool of everything going on with the Texans, I did not follow college football much at all this past season. I am still hopeful for a Watson trade at some point but did not post my usual weekly or so mocks as I have historically. I do not see trading back in the third round to gain as much more than 6 round picks or so.

On my mock that I use for personal I had chuba Hubbard with our fourth round pick. I do not see a running back being added at this point. If my feet were held to the fire I would say the third round selection when we do make it will be for either a corner, safety or Edge rusher.

I'm willing to trade back, but I a want 2022 pick.

Back