Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Impact of losing Bell?

What does everyone think about losing Jason Bell for the rest of the season? He may not be the best corner in the league, but he's a highly energized guy on kick coverage. He does a great job of energizing the fans at Reliant and makes some good plays. If you watch the kicks that we get downed inside the 20 he is in on them most of the time. With Simmons still hurting and Peek hurting our special teams might struggle.

Pretty big...I enjoy his energizing play on special teams. Hate to see him on the IR.

My question is, why would you replace a CB/S with a wide reciever? Kendrick Starling has been activated from the practice squad...and the Texans signed another WR Allen Suber to the practice squad.

Well Bell's primary contribution is on special teams.. they probably brought up Starling because he could be the biggest contributer on special teams.. and just to make sure that no one else signs him away.

I am concerned about Simmons. He has suffered the concussion for a month already. I totally realized the severity of that injury but being out a month has me really concerned.

maybe it was more and they are keeping him out for precausionary reasons ! But havent heard anything, so it cant be to bad (i hope)

TEXANS84 said:
Pretty big...I enjoy his energizing play on special teams. Hate to see him on the IR.

My question is, why would you replace a CB/S with a wide reciever? Kendrick Starling has been activated from the practice squad...and the Texans signed another WR Allen Suber to the practice squad.
Did you stay the whole game for the Tampa game? Kendrick earned himself a special teams spot with his hard hitting. Maybe even some 5 wide packages this week

TexanBacker55 said:
.. he's a highly energized guy ...
I find that a good description of Starling too. What little we got to see of him so far, he has been outstanding. I look for #17 to make a big impression .. glad he's getting his chance.
Sorry it's at the expense of Bell.

Texan Gal 312 said:
I guess Ramon Walker is not ready yet ? Is the hammy still bothering him >
Ramon Walker is an excellent special teams player, but he probably doesn't have the speed you want as a gunner. Starling was the second gunner (besides Bell) on opening day.

Also there are more DBs that can contribute on defense as to where Starling can contribute as a 5th receiver on offense.

texansfan88 said:
Did you stay the whole game for the Tampa game?
Nice 88.
I do belive Kendrick is worthy of a roster spot, but not at this particular moment. Our secondary is suffering in depth right now (Bell, Simmons). 5 WR sets...I'm all for it. Do I think it will happen this weekend? No.

Back