Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

im done with schaub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can't get behind that. It's time to part ways but as usual the Texans have figured out how to make it overly complicated and incredibly expensive to make the move they need to make so he's staying. I think the only real option here is to invest every possible penny in the defense and go Baltimore Ravens circa 1999-2000. Build defense and accept that you've got a less mobile, less talented, less intelligent Trent Dilfer on the other side of the ball who will limit you in every way possible going forward. The only sane choice if you have to keep the loser is don't depend on him.

Gary won't do this of course. He's on the right track and all that bull****

That, right there is what it comes down to. Andre Johnson has how many years left? How many years did he play on .500 teams because Gary Kubiak was too ****ing stupid to go get a real defensive coordinator? How many more years of his career will be lost waiting for Gary to figure out that his hand picked QB doesn't have what it takes to get this done? That same scenario is playing out all across our roster as some of these excellent players we've been lucky enough in some cases to fall into our hands (Foster) or pick after other teams grabbed more highly touted prospects (Duane Brown). How many years are we going to be this young and this good? Windows stay open for a very short time in the NFL for many guys.

thank you for being an honest fan.

That, right there is what it comes down to. Andre Johnson has how many years left? How many years did he play on .500 teams because Gary Kubiak was too ****ing stupid to go get a real defensive coordinator? How many more years of his career will be lost waiting for Gary to figure out that his hand picked QB doesn't have what it takes to get this done? That same scenario is playing out all across our roster as some of these excellent players we've been lucky enough in some cases to fall into our hands (Foster) or pick after other teams grabbed more highly touted prospects (Duane Brown). How many years are we going to be this young and this good? Windows stay open for a very short time in the NFL for many guys.

Andre Johnson ain't no dummy. He had opportunity to leave & if he wanted, he can make some noise & ask to leave. But if he's got confidence in Schaub & Kubiak, then I'm going to roll with it.

As far as Kubiak & getting a real DC... again, I don't think Kubiak is a dummy. We have no idea what it takes to get a DC hired. Everywhere around the league you see everybody hiring their friends, or there is usually a connection somewhere. Most people don't go to work with people they don't know on an expansion team. Wade's connection was Houston & I bet his dad told him to take the job & see how it goes, otherwise we wouldn't have got Wade either.

The most successful DCord in the league right now is probably Vic Fangio. He didn't do too well here.

Andy Reid couldn't find someone to work with his "dream team" & had to get his friend to take the job, then he ended up firing him.

Hey guys cheer up, his foot will heal up completely and he will be back next year better than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back