Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

If Texans lose to the Titans I'm calling it a season.

E

Endcoachment

This is not about being a bandwagon or fair weather fan. Amongst my closest friends ive said the Texans would make the playoffs dating back to when we hired Wade Phillips. But unfortunately it's not about making the playoffs like we all thought it was. Our situation now is like the Astros playoff run. They made all that progress just to come up short. It wasn't like it was close, it was far from close.

And that is the thing..fans stick with you win or lose as long as you keep it close and show that you tried. With these last two losses the way we have lost makes me want to throw in the towel. If they lose next week, I'm not even watching the playoffs. Been crushed too many times by htown sports teams.

StzGx.gif

This is not about being a bandwagon or fair weather fan. Amongst my closest friends ive said the Texans would make the playoffs dating back to when we hired Wade Phillips. But unfortunately it's not about making the playoffs like we all thought it was. Our situation now is like the Astros playoff run. They made all that progress just to come up short. It wasn't like it was close, it was far from close.

And that is the thing..fans stick with you win or lose as long as you keep it close and show that you tried. With these last two losses the way we have lost makes me want to throw in the towel. If they lose next week, I'm not even watching the playoffs. Been crushed too many times by htown sports teams.

I've never seen one person contradict himself so much in two paragraphs than you just did. You claim that you are not a bandwagon or fair-weather fan. Yet you also state that "fans stick with you win or lose." Then you aren't going to watch the playoffs? Might have wanted to think that one through a little better, bud. :toropalm:

One thing's for sure...

We have to many crybabies as fans. STFU and get behind your team.

Btw, Shiner Bock has made me a little inappropriate.

And I know this...man.

I love my fellow Texans, even the pessimists.

The Texans fail to exude confidence for numerous reasons but don't lose faith in their effort. It's frustrating for everyone, not just fans but players & coaches alike. Let's not give up because we sure wouldn't want them to give up. :texflag:

I'm a guy that doesn't ask for too much. They have already met my expectations. If you told me at the beginning of the season they'd finish 10-6 and won the division, with Mario & AJ missing most of the season, and Yates playing the last seven, I'd be ecstatic!

Even despite the last two games, I'm so happy with the improvement the guys have shown compared to last season.

I've never seen one person contradict himself so much in two paragraphs than you just did. You claim that you are not a bandwagon or fair-weather fan. Yet you also state that "fans stick with you win or lose." Then you aren't going to watch the playoffs? Might have wanted to think that one through a little better, bud. :toropalm:

Don't forget he also said as long as they keep it close. That last game was pretty close.

To not watch the FIRST ever texans play-off game, should show YOURSELF that you are not a fan of this team. Regardless of if we win or lose to tennessee. And just so you know the saints lost their last 3 regular season games when they won the superbowl a few years back.

I have watched every single game the texans have ever played, you dont think it was rough for all of us back in 02-03 ? It was really rough we lost so much that i stopped getting mad when we'd lose, and that is bad, but i still watched. I saw every single game in our 2-14 season and that was far from fun.

I say you deactivate your account go to the patriots message board. Am i calling out ur texans pride, damn straight i am. You are no texans fan my friend.

The Texans - Titans game is the definition of meaningless (for the Texans, anyway). It's a preseason game for the postseason.

And I'm calling bs on anyone saying they will miss the Texans 1st playoff game. Please.

The Texans - Titans game is the definition of meaningless (for the Texans, anyway). It's a preseason game for the postseason.

And I'm calling bs on anyone saying they will miss the Texans 1st playoff game. Please.

Totally agree. Every game since we clinched in Cincy should have been preparation for teaching this new team(because this is not the team that won 10 games) how to win in the post season.

I've never coached football, but I've coached plenty of team sports, while winning is always important, learning to play the game at the highest level always takes priority.

When the games matter, you put it all on the line. When they don't you work on perfecting your system. That's why teams like the Colts can go 0 fer in the preseason & kick ass in the regular season.

& that's what I've been seeing in the way we have played the last 4 games. All this, "air it out to see what we got" talk is non-sense. They know what we got & trying to make the best of it. They let him throw the ball when we needed to, they let him manage the game when that was what was needed.

Stat wise, that wasn't a great game for Tj Yates, but it was a solid game & he put our team in position to win.

This is also game management practice for Kubiak, Lord knows he needs the practice. He took what the game gave him & didn't do anything stupid like I think he did in the Bengals game, putting us in a bad position where Tj had to win the game for us.

I feel much better about our chances of winning in the post season when Tj's pass attempts are in the low 20s than if they are in the high 30s.

Totally agree. Every game since we clinched in Cincy should have been preparation for teaching this new team(because this is not the team that won 10 games) how to win in the post season.

I've never coached football, but I've coached plenty of team sports, while winning is always important, learning to play the game at the highest level always takes priority.

When the games matter, you put it all on the line. When they don't you work on perfecting your system. That's why teams like the Colts can go 0 fer in the preseason & kick ass in the regular season.

& that's what I've been seeing in the way we have played the last 4 games. All this, "air it out to see what we got" talk is non-sense. They know what we got & trying to make the best of it. They let him throw the ball when we needed to, they let him manage the game when that was what was needed.

Stat wise, that wasn't a great game for Tj Yates, but it was a solid game & he put our team in position to win.

This is also game management practice for Kubiak, Lord knows he needs the practice. He took what the game gave him & didn't do anything stupid like I think he did in the Bengals game, putting us in a bad position where Tj had to win the game for us.

I feel much better about our chances of winning in the post season when Tj's pass attempts are in the low 20s than if they are in the high 30s.

I agree, but dont you think that us trying to secure a bye week was important ? You can count the bye week as a win, cause you get to skip the 1st round of the play-offs.

But on your last part. I wouldnt say i feel much better about our chances of winning with him only attempting around 20 pass attempts. If we have a healthy AJ to go along with our running game, i would like to see us get a commanding lead whether it comes from pass or run. a 50.50 balance will keep the opposing D honest and will give us the best shot to put up a lot of point IMO

I'm a guy that doesn't ask for too much. They have already met my expectations. If you told me at the beginning of the season they'd finish 10-6 and won the division, with Mario & AJ missing most of the season, and Yates playing the last seven, I'd be ecstatic!

Even despite the last two games, I'm so happy with the improvement the guys have shown compared to last season.

This^^^^^^^^ except I'm a gal! :butterfly:

Yesterday, when I heard we MIGHT have to play the Titans in our FIRST EVER playoff game, I actually became nauseated, and pure FEAR crept through my old body!! I can't imagine ANYTHING worst than losing to that friggin team in our first playoff game!! BUT, you know what? IF it happens I will be there raising holy hell with every fiber of my body pulling for my team to kick their ass!! I might end up in the ER if they beat us, but, I'll have a damn good reason to be there!

If my team goes down fighting to the bitter end, I will go down with them, not against them! WE are a team! That means players, coaches, FO, and FANS, esp the fans, cause we are the 12th MAN!!!

NOW, lets go kick some TITAN butts on Jan 1st, and make damn sure we don't have to meet them again on Jan 7/8th!!!:shetexan:

Back