Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ideal, Content, and Sleeper- Offense

I did this for the defensive side of the ball, so here’s my offensive side. I know it’s super early, but I enjoy the discussions and the discovery of new players that people bring to the board.

QB (I don't think we draft a QB this year, but I will base this on who I like)
Ideal: K. Pickett Pitt
Content: M. Corral Ole Miss
Sleeper: P. Jurkovec BC

RB
Ideal: K. Walker III MSU
Content: Z. Charbonnet UCLA
Sleeper: P. Strong Jr South Dakota St

TE
Ideal: T. McBride CSU
Content: I. Likely Coastal Carolina
Sleeper: L. Krull Pitt

OT
Ideal: T. Penning N. Iowa or E. Neal Alabama
Content: N. Petite-Frere OSU
Sleeper: M. Mitchell Louisiana

iOL- C
Ideal: T. Linderbaum Iowa
Content: R. Stromberg Arkansas or A. Lindstrom BC
Sleeper: J. Michael Schmitz Minnesota

iOL- OG
Ideal: K. Green (OG) Texas A&M
Content: Z. Johnson BC
Sleeper: C. Strange UT-Chattanooga

WR
Ideal: D. Bell Purdue
Content: R. Doubs Nevada
Sleeper: J. Heiligh Coastal Carolina

QB

Ideal- Strong Nevada
Content- Corral Miss St.
Sleeper- Bailey Zappe Western Kentucky

RB- Williams Notre Dame
Content- Charbonnet UCLA
Sleeper- Rodriguez Kentucky
Honorable mention- Sincere McCormick UTSA

OT
Ideal-Penning N. Iowa
Content- Cross Miss St
Sleeper- Bernhard Raimann Central Michigan

OG

Ideal- Green Texas A&M
Content- Zion Johnson Boston College
Sleeper- Cade Mays Tennessee

C

Ideal- Linderbaum Iowa
Content- Stromberg Arkansas
Sleeper- Doug Kramer Illinois
Honorable Mention Jake Wohlabaugh Duke

TE

Ideal- Sam LaPorta Iowa
Content- Charlie Kolar Iowa St
Sleeper- Derrick Deese San Jose St.

WR

Ideal- Jameson Williams Alabama
Content- Drake London USC
Sleeper- Romeo Doubs Nevada

You're not high on Spiller or Hall?
I do like both of those players, but I factored in where I thought they’d be drafted versus other needs we have. Walker is the only player I’d spend higher than a 3rd rounder on because I’d want to use those picks on other positions.
If Spiller or Hall was there when we’d pick in the 4th, I’d definitely take them. I just didn’t think they’d be there.

QB

Ideal- Strong Nevada
Content- Corral Miss St.
Sleeper- Bailey Zappe Western Kentucky

RB- Williams Notre Dame
Content- Charbonnet UCLA
Sleeper- Rodriguez Kentucky
Honorable mention- Sincere McCormick UTSA

OT
Ideal-Penning N. Iowa
Content- Cross Miss St
Sleeper- Bernhard Raimann Central Michigan

OG

Ideal- Green Texas A&M
Content- Zion Johnson Boston College
Sleeper- Cade Mays Tennessee

C

Ideal- Linderbaum Iowa

TE

Ideal- Sam LaPorta Iowa
Content- Charlie Kolar Iowa St
Sleeper- Derrick Deese San Jose St.

WR

Ideal- Jameson Williams Alabama
Content- Drake London USC
Sleeper- Romeo Doubs Nevada
I actually really like McCormick out of UTSA and would draft him in the 5-7th rounds. I think he’s underrated but has the potential to make an impact on offense. I’m not familiar with Rodriguez though. I’ll have to research him.

LOVE Drake London out of USC. I think he still goes Rd 1 even with the injury. He was having a such a great season. It was such a shame to have it cut short. Why your ideal would be Williams versus either of the OSU receivers?

I’m curious about your TE group because I haven’t seen much chatter about any of those guys.

Love Johnson! I know he’s in my content spot, but that’s only because K. Green is such a baller. I also really like Mays and would be very happy if we drafted him. He’s a great 4-7 round choice.

C

Ideal- Linderbaum Iowa
Nice find on Jack Wohlabaugh as an honorable mention sleeper. I’d never heard of him. I was looking over his background. Former OSU player that transferred. Made 2019 All-ACC honorable mention even though he only played 9 games because of injury. I like that he brings some nastiness to the trenches. He could definitely be a building block for Campen to work with.

I do like both of those players, but I factored in where I thought they’d be drafted versus other needs we have. Walker is the only player I’d spend higher than a 3rd rounder on because I’d want to use those picks on other positions.
If Spiller or Hall was there when we’d pick in the 4th, I’d definitely take them. I just didn’t think they’d be there.

So you'd be overjoyed with Walker in the 2nd but wouldn't touch Spiller or Halluntil the 4th?

:ok:

I actually really like McCormick out of UTSA and would draft him in the 5-7th rounds. I think he’s underrated but has the potential to make an impact on offense. I’m not familiar with Rodriguez though. I’ll have to research him.

LOVE Drake London out of USC. I think he still goes Rd 1 even with the injury. He was having a such a great season. It was such a shame to have it cut short. Why your ideal would be Williams versus either of the OSU receivers?

I’m curious about your TE group because I haven’t seen much chatter about any of those guys.

Love Johnson! I know he’s in my content spot, but that’s only because K. Green is such a baller. I also really like Mays and would be very happy if we drafted him. He’s a great 4-7 round choice.

Williams is the most dynamic WR in this class. IMHO

This isn't a good TE class, but you can never go wrong drafting an Iowa TE. Kolar will be a long time starter and a really good TE in the Owen Daniels mode. IMHO

Deese is talented and I would take a long shot on the bloodlines.

Last edited:
So you'd be overjoyed with Walker in the 2nd but wouldn't touch Spiller or Halluntil the 4th?

:ok:
I said I would take them in the 4th, but I think they’ll be gone.

I the Walker will be a feature back and be excellent value in the mid 2nd to early 3rd round. If we end up getting extra picks in 2 or 3 from DW trade, I’d take Walker/Spiller/Hall. It all depends on who else was on the board and the value.

Back