Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ideal, Content, and Sleeper- Defense

I thought this would be a fun discussion that expended on prospects other than the top few rounds.

This is the defensive side of the ball. Obviously the ideal prospect is the dream scenario. Content is a prospect that you’d be happy to draft for the rebuild. Sleeper prospect is a guy that has tools you really like or you feel that he might be a hidden gem.

Here are mine!

Edge
Ideal: A. Hutchinson Michigan
Content: Z. Harrison OSU
Sleeper: J. Panasiuk MSU

IDL
Ideal: J. Davis Georgia
Content: D. Wyatt Georgia
Sleeper: Unknown

LB
Ideal: D. Lloyd Utah or N. Dean Georgia
Content: H. To’o To’o Alabama
Sleeper: C. Muma Wyoming

CB
Ideal: A. Booth Jr Clemson
Content: R. McCreary Auburn or K. Gordon
Sleeper: C. Bryant Cincinnati or J. Williams Fayetteville St

S
Ideal: K. Hamilton ND
Content: D. Hill Michigan
Sleeper: R. Blankenship Middle Tennessee

Last edited:
I thought this would be a fun discussion that expended on prospects other than the top few rounds.

This is the defensive side of the ball. Obviously the ideal prospect is the dream scenario. Content is a prospect that you’d be happy to draft for the rebuild. Sleeper prospect is a guy that has tools you really like or you feel that he might be a hidden gem.

Here are mine!

Edge
Ideal: A. Hutchinson Michigan
Content: Z. Harrison OSU
Sleeper: J. Panasiuk MSU

IDL
Ideal: J. Davis Georgia
Content: D. Wyatt Georgia
Sleeper: Unknown

LB
Ideal: D. Lloyd Utah or N. Dean Georgia
Content: H. To’o To’o Alabama
Sleeper: C. Muma Wyoming

CB
Ideal: A. Booth Jr Clemson
Content: R. McCreary Auburn or K. Gordon
Sleeper: C. Bryant Cincinnati or J. Williams Fayetteville St

S
Ideal: K. Hamilton ND
Content: D. Hill Michigan
Sleeper: R. Blankenship Middle Tennessee

Edge

Ideal- Hutchinson Mich
Content- Johnson Fla St.
Sleeper- Malone Western Kentucky

DT

Ideal- Davis Georgia
Content- Devonte Wyatt Georgia
Sleeper-Noah Ellis Idaho

LB

Ideal- Lloyd Utah
Content- Smith Penis St.
Sleeper- JoJo Domann Nebraska

CB- Stingley LSU
Content- Kendrick Georgia
Sleeper- Tariq Woolen UT- San Antonio

S. Hamilton- Notre Dame
Content- Cine Georgia
Sleeper- Bryan Cook Cincinnati

I know alot of SEC and power 5 conference guys, but these are the guys I like.

You can also add Alontae Taylor CB Tennessee/ BJ Foster and Mike Rose to the sleepers list

Last edited:
Edge

Ideal- Hutchinson Mich
Content- Johnson Fla St.

DT

Ideal- Davis Georgia
Sleeper-Noah Ellis Idaho

LB

Ideal- Lloyd Utah
Content- Smith Penis St.

CB- Stingley LSU

S. Hamilton- Notre Dame
Content- Cine Georgia

You can also add Alontae Taylor CB Tennessee/ BJ Foster and Mike Rose to the sleepers list

Curious as to why DE, George Karlaftis (Purdue) who’s 6-4 @ 275 lbs wasn’t on your list? Was this based on RD1 availability?

Curious as to why DE, George Karlaftis (Purdue) who’s 6-4 @ 275 lbs wasn’t on your list? Was this based on RD1 availability?

I tried to pick a guy I really liked and hope will be there when Caserio picks. (Hutchinson) Say the Texans pick 4th and Hutchinson is gone then I like Stingley at 4 over Karlaftis. I do like Karlaftis but his arm length isn't what I'm looking for in a top 5 pick.

Edge

Ideal- Hutchinson Mich
Content- Johnson Fla St.

DT

Ideal- Davis Georgia
Sleeper-Noah Ellis Idaho

LB

Ideal- Lloyd Utah
Content- Smith Penis St.

CB- Stingley LSU

S. Hamilton- Notre Dame
Content- Cine Georgia

I haven’t heard of Ellis out of Idaho. I’ll have to check him out since the DT group isn’t very deep.

I’d be very happy with Kendrick. He’s on my list for the middle rounds. I actually think I came across Woolen’s name out of UTSA, but hadn’t had a chance to dive deeper. What do you like about him? I’m glad the depth of CB/S class is so good since our backfield needs young blood to develop.

I haven’t heard of Ellis out of Idaho. I’ll have to check him out since the DT group isn’t very deep.

I’d be very happy with Kendrick. He’s on my list for the middle rounds. I actually think I came across Woolen’s name out of UTSA, but hadn’t had a chance to dive deeper. What do you like about him? I’m glad the depth of CB/S class is so good since our backfield needs young blood to develop.

I have Kendrick as my #2 CB and going in the 15-25 range

I also like McCreary alot and think he could be there in the late 1st early 2nd. Emerson is pretty good too but he's more of an athlete than a CB and needs to develop.

Woolen is a tall, rangy, fast CB that used to be a WR. He is surprisingly agile for a lanky guy. Another CB who has the traits to be a CB1 who might be available when the Texans pick is Kyler Gordon CB Washington.

BTW, I'm terrible at projecting CB's from college to the pro's.

I have Kendrick as my #2 CB and going in the 15-25 range

I also like McCreary alot and think he could be there in the late 1st early 2nd. Emerson is pretty good too but he's more of an athlete than a CB and needs to develop.

Woolen is a tall, rangy, fast CB that used to be a WR. He is surprisingly agile for a lanky guy. Another CB who has the traits to be a CB1 who might be available when the Texans pick is Kyler Gordon CB Washington.

BTW, I'm terrible at projecting CB's from college to the pro's.
Heh I don’t mind. I just love discussing which players are on each other’s radar and why. I really like Gordon. His name is picking up speed, so it’s possible he’s picked before we’re up.

I enjoy trying to find hidden gems in the smaller programs. It’s one of the reasons I follow the all star practices and games after the CFP. It’s easy to weed out the guys that probably won’t cut it with the practice reports.

Heh I don’t mind. I just love discussing which players are on each other’s radar and why. I really like Gordon. His name is picking up speed, so it’s possible he’s picked before we’re up.

I enjoy trying to find hidden gems in the smaller programs. It’s one of the reasons I follow the all star practices and games after the CFP. It’s easy to weed out the guys that probably won’t cut it with the practice reports.

Who are some of the lesser known guys that you like?

Always love talking the draft with you.

Back