Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

]"I play angry every week." Maybe more of us should play like that."

Texans34Life

I BLEED TEXANS!
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5252377.html

"I play angry every week," Robinson said. "Maybe more of us should play like that.

"I don't know if we're trying to make friends or what, but we've got to play angry, because we're getting our butts kicked."
"That one play didn't determine the outcome of this game," Robinson said. "We missed a lot of chances on both sides of the ball."
"We had busted plays on defense, turnovers by the offense and a touchdown given up by the special teams," Robinson said.
Looks like Dunta's frustration is boiling over.

I know he brings it every Sunday, but there are others who the team has invested in so much $ and time, but don't put forth the effort.

Silver Oak

All Pro
There is a lack of heart on the team IMO. 14 hours after the end of the game and my frustartion and anger hasn't subsided much.

A good workout this morning at the gym ought to clear things up, and it is a beautiful day outside, so maybe there is hope...

Brandon420tx

Flounder
I think Dunta should be in charge of interviewing potential new hires and players.

Dunta: "If we're down by 3 points, how badly do you want to hit someone?" "If we're down 30 points how badly do you want to hit someone?" "If we're winning by 3 points how badly do you want to hit some one?" "If we're winning by 30 how badly do you want to hit someone?"

I bet if they didn't answer with "Untill they're too scared to play anymore" or something to that effect Dunta would not let them on the team.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I've got tons of respect for dunta & though i couldn't blame him, I'm terrified that he might look elsewhere. Dude just talks like he's going to be on the first thing smoking once his rookie contract is up here.

dskillz

Waterboy
When is Dunta's contract up? There is no way I would re-sign here. He deserves to go somewhere else and win.

tulexan

Hall of Fame
Dunta isn't going anywhere whether he likes it or not. He is a corner stone of the defense and the only bright spot in the secondary. They will franchise him if they have to.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
I'd play anybody deemed nasty .

I'd cut most players who've been here over two years .... losing and getting paid is so much easier .

I'd take more chances on guys with blemishes on their record .

I'd look for guys with a mean streak in the draft . Intense looks good on a football resume also .

I would like more SEC players . A guy who starts in the trenches in that conference is tough .

We need safety's who'll knock a reciever senseless . There is no fear for a reciever in our secondary ... except for Dunta .

We need two LB's who are mean , agile , and hostile .

We need a DT who is not around 300 lb like Okoye , TJ , and Maddux . Why do we have so many duplicate players ?

We need our OL to take it personally when the QB gets mauled . Get a 15 yd penalty if you have to ... show you care .

We need to change the persona of this team . If it takes bringing in Marty , Cowher , hell I'd take Tom Coughlin to kick these guys into something we can be proud of .

I hate this because I'm not a team jumper , I'd rather find something else to do .

I guess this means Dorsey with the 4th pick in the 1st round .

TigerV1

Rookie
I've got tons of respect for dunta & though i couldn't blame him, I'm terrified that he might look elsewhere. Dude just talks like he's going to be on the first thing smoking once his rookie contract is up here.
I certainly hope not.

gtexan02

Working?
I have a bad feeling Dunta is going to split once his contract is up. Some guys are winners, some guys play for contracts. Dunta plays to win, and he obviously can't do that in houston

Shaft75

All Pro
This was the best quote out of all the postgame interviews. Demeco Ryans also said that his teammmates needed to be "accountable", which about made me throw up cause it made me think of Dom Capers.

Brando

Hall of Fame
Why do we need a great coach when we have Kubes? Why do we need a Franchise QB when we have Carr? GET REAL PORKY!!11!

Frustrated Vinny? lol As much as I like Kubiak I would love to see Bill Cowher here. I know it will not happen and I even hate thinking like that but I'm frustrated with the coaching and players. I still love my Texans. But as fans that's what we do. We try to think of how to improve the team that we love so we can stop getting our asses kicked each week.

Back to the thread......

I like seeing this fire from Dunta, I wish everyone on this team had his attitude.....

Buffi2

Veteran
Any way I can email or write Dunta and tell him how much it means to me for him to be on this team?
Dunta Robinson
The Houston Texans
Two Reliant Park
Houston, Texas 77054

There is a way to email but for the life of me I can't remember right now - give me a few hours - the old brain ain't firing this morning.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Dunta is going to fly, if we don't start winning most our good players are going to.

The losing mentality has set in and alot of people thought after the first two weeks it was gone, but it wasn't. We are the new Cardinals, Lions, and Bengals. This is the most mentally soft team I have ever seen in my life. You can look back now at the Colts game and ESPECIALLY THE FALCONS GAME and tell as soon as they dropped those games the team was pretty much.........."oh sh*t, here we go again".......what do you know, there's my lovable losers, gee you guys had me fooled the first two weeks.

I am becoming so burnt out, four more years of this and what will we have to show.......

A DECADE OF STRAIGHT SUCKAGE.

mridge01

Rookie
I was just checking, who was it that gave up a 44 yard pass play to Roydell Williams with less than 40 seconds to go and third and long last week against the Titans up by 1 point? Sure looked like no. 23. He's just as guilty of the rest. Let him walk, it's not like it will make a difference.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I was just checking, who was it that gave up a 44 yard pass play to Roydell Williams with less than 40 seconds to go and third and long last week against the Titans up by 1 point? Sure looked like no. 23. He's just as guilty of the rest. Let him walk, it's not like it will make a difference.
^ my nominee for dumbest post of the month award...

I guess Denver should dump Champ when he gets burned too huh?, believe it or not every good back in this league.........get's burned from time to time.

Outside of DeMeco Ryans.......Dunta Robinson is the ONLY legit player we have on defense right now.

eriadoc

Texan-American
Yeah, the difference is that Robinson makes a helluva lot more plays than he misses. He has some equity built up.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
I'm again glad that Dunta said what I've been saying on this board the last two weeks. Its about time someone steps up. He has played his tail off this year and is always hitting and prepared. No player is perfect so I'll skip the inane and off the mark comments I've seen. Kubes, Smith and our owner should figure out what makes Dunta and DeMeco tick and draft more of that./

FILO_girl

I'm not here
Anyone notice that after Schaub took that nasty blindsider...not ONE team member looked to stand up for him?? Not ONE took offense and got up into that Charger POS's face?
Think there maybe a respect for the QB issue going on again?

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
Anyone notice that after Schaub took that nasty blindsider...not ONE team member looked to stand up for him?? Not ONE took offense and got up into that Charger POS's face?
No, I saw alot of comments today about them missing "their" leader Schaub. The problem isn't respect but being soft.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Exactly. After that happened, I said someone needs to go decleat Drayton Florence, and maybe more than once, even if it brings a flag or flags. At some point, these guys need to grow a pair, and show some toughness and resolve. Right now, teams have to see them as soft as the Stay Puft Marshmellow man, and they feel then can physically run over this team....and our guys are proving them right. Soft, soft soft.

I'm beginning to think our team is coached by this guy -

mridge01

Rookie
^ my nominee for dumbest post of the month award...

I guess Denver should dump Champ when he gets burned too huh?, believe it or not every good back in this league.........get's burned from time to time.

Outside of DeMeco Ryans.......Dunta Robinson is the ONLY legit player we have on defense right now.
So why on 3 and 10 do you play up like that? Shouldn't Dunte have provided a little cushion to keep Roydell from running right by him? I've seen Dunte get burned plenty. Yeah, he's a physical corner, and yeah he can make plays, but he has gotten beat more than his fair share.

powerfuldragon

Enchilada Aficionado.
So why on 3 and 10 do you play up like that? Shouldn't Dunte have provided a little cushion to keep Roydell from running right by him? I've seen Dunte get burned plenty. Yeah, he's a physical corner, and yeah he can make plays, but he has gotten beat more than his fair share.
while it's true that having aaron glenn playing opposite him padded dunta's stats in a sense, dunta's far too valuable to our defense to let him go.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
He was right with him. It was a perfect throw and catch. It happens. I don't fault the coverage as much as the scheme. He played what was called and played it well. They made the play. So everyone that has made mistakes is not allowed to be a leader and talk?What perfect player should get peeved then and talk to the team and be a leader?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I wonder if Bill Cohwer is interested in getting back into coaching again. :texflag:
McNair is far too niiiiiiiiice to ever do that to Kubiak. Face it, Gary will be here at least two more seasons after this one. It's the owner's M.O. to give people of character a fair shake.

Personally, I think it's only fair to give Kubiak time to get out of the hole that Capers & Casserly left here. The lack of depth on this team is directly related to the failed draft picks of the former regime and the $30 million in dead cap space that we are suffering this season.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
McNair is far too niiiiiiiiice to ever do that to Kubiak. Face it, Gary will be here at least two more seasons after this one. It's the owner's M.O. to give people of character a fair shake.

Personally, I think it's only fair to give Kubiak time to get out of the hole that Capers & Casserly left here. The lack of depth on this team is directly related to the failed draft picks of the former regime and the $30 million in dead cap space that we are suffering this season.
I think the best way they could have gone about this is to parlay their high picks into multiple picks and take your chances, character or not, on the Nelson's out there. What the Texans decided to do with Kubes was be a Year 6 expansion team again and take the safe and "right" pick. Seems we are in the same situation as far as depth.