Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I have waited to let some steam off

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
But I saw a diferent David Carr out there last sunday. And David Carr is the piston for this engine. So I hope Dom Puts David Carr through the grinder so he can toughen up and learn how to hit someone with the ball under pressure. And while they are practicing I say punish the defense secondary, the O line, and the QB. Our strengths became our weaknesses. Toughen up Texans we got to beat the Packers.

I second that Joe! Makes me think about that movie (can't think of the name) when the quarterback takes out the biggest defender by throwing a perfect spiral right in his gonads!
If I was Carr last weekend, I probably would have tried that.

Bottle-O-Bud said:
Hows about Capers go to med school, learn how to do surgeries and then surgically implant some Cajones on our linemen.

:shocked

Speaking of Cajones...they better get some real quick. Check out these interesting facts:

-On Sunday night, the Packers are 10-2 overall, winners of six straight.

-Brett Favre is 3-0 against Dom Capers, including the 1996 NFC Championship vs. Carolina.

-The Packers have never lost in the city of Houston. They're 3-0, winning Astrodome games in 1972, 1983 (overtime) and 1992.

TEXANS84 said:
I second that Joe! Makes me think about that movie (can't think of the name) when the quarterback takes out the biggest defender by throwing a perfect spiral right in his gonads!
If I was Carr last weekend, I probably would have tried that.

"the longest yard" with burt reynolds

TEXANS84 said:
Speaking of Cajones...they better get some real quick. Check out these interesting facts:

-On Sunday night, the Packers are 10-2 overall, winners of six straight.

-Brett Favre is 3-0 against Dom Capers, including the 1996 NFC Championship vs. Carolina.

-The Packers have never lost in the city of Houston. They're 3-0, winning Astrodome games in 1972, 1983 (overtime) and 1992.

Are we the 1972 Oilers? 83? 92?

Are we the 1996 Carolina Panthers?

Are we one of those 10 teams that lost to the Pack?

I hate being compared to something else that has nothing to do with anything. It's the NFL, and everyone has talent. The team that executes has it wrapped up.

Bottle-O-Bud said:
The O-line will respond to the fact that is our home turf and the fans will be loud.

Don't get me wrong or anything because yeah, that's a good thing and all. I just think the line needs to start responding to the fact that there's a friggin football game going on no matter where they're at and how loud the fans are (ours or theirs)

I think they'll get it worked out before the season is up. Last week though was bad. The line in 2002 played harder than that (albeit with the same end results).

Bottle-O-Bud said:
WE aint gonna be blown out. We prolly gonna lose, but it won't be a run away game. The O-line will respond to the fact that is our home turf and the fans will be loud.

...... then we go on the road the next game......ohhh boy... :hmmm:
Don't be so quick to put us on the road. We have the titans at home, then, we hit the road. I see two very winnable home games before we have to face the road again.

markbeth said:
"the longest yard" with burt reynolds

I got a feeling our boys are gonna pull it out.

off topic but they're remaking that movie, comes out next year starring Adam Sandler. :coolb:

TexansTrueFan said:
you sounded like coach Capers for a second there ! :shocked
I agree with 88. You can always quote who did what against who years ago, but use apples to apples comparison at least. If Pack beat this Texans last year and both teams had exactly the same players, a slight edge would go to GB. Injuries in the game, a penalty or a slip or a missed block can change the game. Beating a weaker team is nothing to brag about. You are supposed to win. Going against a better opponent is what competive sports are about.

If the O and D lines dont show up we are in for a long embarrasing night. Football starts with the line on both sides. It is taking us quite a while to consistantly solidify those areas. Carr has been a trooper in the way he has handeled the situation IMO. No QB can perform at his best when the odds are he is going to get crushed as soon as he drops back. Manning would have done just as bad had he been behind our line taking snaps. The diffrence the last 2 games has been the inability to establish some sort of run to keep the DB's honest. They are camping on Andre AND getting to the QB..not a good thing. If the Texans can get the run going again things will change on O. As for the D, they arnt geting enough penitration and it seems the LB's and CB's are making tackles 3 to 5 yards past the line on most occasions. Just as a nod to the D they have been spending an awfull lot of time on the field lately losing the time of possession battle badly. On a final note I really think that the artificial turf play a significant part in the game. Im just glad we got out without any blown ACL's.

If the O-Line doesnt show up....it will be over before it even gets to the 3rd quarter.Nationally televised A_$_$ whipping.O-LINE PLEEEEASE SHOW UP!!!Is time to go to work!!!!!!!!

Jwwillis said:
Just as a nod to the D they have been spending an awfull lot of time on the field lately losing the time of possession battle badly.

FYI--the Texans had the ball for almost 36 minutes of the Indy game. No tired D excuse there.

Back