Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

HT NewsLetter: Players on the comeback trail

Texans34Life

I BLEED TEXANS!
I just got this in my email a couple hours ago...

October 11, 2007
By Jim Carley, HoustonTexans.com

The hospital news is good on three fronts for the Texans this week, especially when it comes to running back Ahman Green.

The Pro Bowl running back, who has been out for the past two games with a knee injury, appears to be ready to play as the Texans eye Sunday’s game at Jacksonville. He’s not even listed on the injury report.

“I feel pretty good,” Green said Wednesday. “Every day is a test day for me and I just can’t wait to get back out there. That’s about it.”

Green, whose 4.3 yards-per-carry average is best among Texans running backs, isn’t making any bold statements about being all the way back. But he should play.

“I’ll say (I’m) well enough to play,” said Green, who started the first three games before experiencing the knee pain against Indianapolis. “That’s how I’m going to put it. It feels good and pretty much I’m just going to take it one day at a time like I did last week.”

Coach Gary Kubiak is optimistic.

“Yeah, he looked good,” Kubiak said after watching Green practice. “He took his normal reps and that was a positive for him, so I feel real good about him.”

Another positive sign for the Texans is that rookie wide receiver Jacoby Jones is likely to play and Pro Bowl receiver Andre Johnson is getting closer to seeing the field.

“Jacoby, I think, is a day-to-day deal,” Kubiak said. “He practiced and did more than he’s done in the past three weeks, but I think we’ll still wait and see. We’ll put the pads on him tomorrow.”

The exuberant rookie Jones was much more positive.

“Oh, yeah, I’m playing, unless the coaches or doctors say otherwise,” Jones said. “If it’s up to me, I’m playing.

“I’m going to go all out there. I can’t sit out any more, man. I’m going crazy. So I’m getting back on this field, trying to help this team out.”

The third-round pick out of Lane College played in the first three games, starting the third against Indianapolis when he separated his shoulder. He was the sensation of the early games when he caught five passes for 59 yards and returned eight punts for 132 yards, including one for 74 yards.

Like Green, Jones can’t wait to get back.

“Frustration isn’t the word, man,” Jones said. “It’s driving me crazy. I want to have fun, too. Those guys look like they’re having fun, Kevin Walter, André (Davis). So I’m trying to get out there with them, kind of do my thing, too.”

Kubiak is more cautious about the return of Johnson, who sprained his knee against Carolina in Week 2 after catching a team-high 14 passes the first two games. He still leads the team in touchdowns scored with three.

“Andre ran today,” Kubiak said Wednesday. “He was out here right before practice and did a bunch of running. He’s made a lot of progress. I think we’re very, very encouraged in what we are seeing.

“I think as far as this week goes, he would still be very, very doubtful, but I think we’re right on schedule with what we were thinking. Hopefully, next week (versus Tennessee) we’re looking at getting him back.”

Excellent news! I was figuring on Green being back from what I have been hearing, but was starting to be doubtful about Jones.

I loved JJ's comments, man this guy has got some fire in his belly, I can't wait to see him on the field again.

Back