Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

HPD cop causes havoc to Yellow Lot Tailgaters....

If you were waiting in line on main street to go into the Yellow Lot around 145 on Saturday you know what I am talking about. HPD cop shows up and tells both lines waiting to get into the Yellow Lot to disperse because we were "impeding traffic". He even called for a wrecker and was threating to write tickets. I could not believe that crap. :pissed:

If you were waiting in line on main street to go into the Yellow Lot around 145 on Saturday you know what I am talking about.
I wasn't there, but 1:45 seems a bit early. They did let cars in at 2:30, so there was some flexibility on the Texans part.

Not to be picky, but with the exception of Platinum, doesn't tailgating begin four hours before the game? If so, 1:45 seems to be an hour and 15 minutes before the gates open, and I can see that could impede traffic for those who are using Main street to get to other destinations.

It is tradition for all lots to stack before the gates open. Everyone was just a little ready for some football yesterday and the Police Officer had his panties in a wad

For EIGHT YEARS cars have lined up on the streets around Reliant Park waiting to get in well before they open the gates. Never had a problem.

EIGHT YEARS!

It was absolute bullshit that they came in and tried to get everybody off the street. Of course 5 minutes later they put some cones in the road so now we can park on the street.

Then there was the way they had the lines painted in the grass allowing for absolutely no room for you to tailgate behind your vehicle. Do they get a bunch monkeys to design and draw the lines out? They never seem to be able to get it right.

Hell, I've now been to 81 straight tailgates and I don't think it's ever been done the same way twice.

Thats Bob McNair and the idiots he hired.

Are you serious??? Bob McNair doesn't hire the cops, the city does.

And folks get there early to secure the spots for tailgating. Yes, it's a pain, but really, it's Houston Traffic, ie; EVERYWHERE! The traffic starts at 2:30 on 290 M-F ... wish they'd tow some of THOSE cars!

Are you serious??? Bob McNair doesn't hire the cops, the city does.

And folks get there early to secure the spots for tailgating. Yes, it's a pain, but really, it's Houston Traffic, ie; EVERYWHERE! The traffic starts at 2:30 on 290 M-F ... wish they'd tow some of THOSE cars!

Don't waste your breath (or key strokes) Kimmy!! Some people are idjits and there is no sense trying to argue with them!! just

If you were waiting in line on main street to go into the Yellow Lot around 145 on Saturday you know what I am talking about. HPD cop shows up and tells both lines waiting to get into the Yellow Lot to disperse because we were "impeding traffic". He even called for a wrecker and was threating to write tickets. I could not believe that crap.

Some people are idjits and there is no sense trying to argue with them!! just

Ok, guilty as charged. No argument here, but trying to get a better understanding, fair enough. I realize the get a good spot early part, but also there's a lot of difference in Houston traffic at 6:45 a.m. Sunday than 1:45 p.m. Saturday.

I thought years ago even on Sunday morning some of the tailgaters gathered in Bennigan's parking lot and remained until the gates opened. It's been a while, so perhaps I misunderstood. I know there's a shopping center that for the most part empty or very few businesses on Main that early arrivals could wait until the police could get there and set up to keep a better flow on the traffic.

I wish it could be a win-win for those entering the lots as well as those who going the multitude of destinations that time of the afternoon. Otherwise if there's a Texans game on Saturday, I guess for those shopping at Fiesta or Krogers better leave the ice cream off their shopping list.:)

For EIGHT YEARS cars have lined up on the streets around Reliant Park waiting to get in well before they open the gates. Never had a problem.

EIGHT YEARS!

It was absolute bullshit that they came in and tried to get everybody off the street. Of course 5 minutes later they put some cones in the road so now we can park on the street.

Then there was the way they had the lines painted in the grass allowing for absolutely no room for you to tailgate behind your vehicle. Do they get a bunch monkeys to design and draw the lines out? They never seem to be able to get it right.

Hell, I've now been to 81 straight tailgates and I don't think it's ever been done the same way twice.
I tailgate in the yellow too and I can't believe even after 8 years they still can't figure out how to park the cars on the grass.

I thought years ago even on Sunday morning some of the tailgaters gathered in Bennigan's parking lot and remained until the gates opened. It's been a while, so perhaps I misunderstood

Texans fans have been lining up on South Main since game 1 in 2002. For a typical game, cars start lining up 60+ minutes before the gates open. There are usually two lanes of South Main filled with cars bumper to bumper as far as the eye can see. Sometimes the line looks like it stretches all the way to 610.

South Main has four lanes though. The early arriving vehicles do not impede traffic AT ALL, even for night games.

The cop in question was just being a dick.

Texans fans have been lining up on South Main since game 1 in 2002. For a typical game, cars start lining up 60+ minutes before the gates open. There are usually two lanes of South Main filled with cars bumper to bumper as far as the eye can see. Sometimes the line looks like it stretches all the way to 610.

South Main has four lanes though. The early arriving vehicles do not impede traffic AT ALL, even for night games.

You guys don't know how to handle cops?....Next time you tailgate stop at Shipleys...get some doughnuts and he will be eating out of your hands...literally.

Bob McNair DOES hire the Cops that work at Reliant Park. They are managed by SMG who Bob McNair contracted to run the Park. The management of the parking is done by an SMG employee who is a direct hire of Bob McNair.

There is a traffic plan in place which is done to the Texans specs and created and managed by people Bob McNair hired.

Ok, I can visualize the flow now. There are basically three lanes that are available to the public driving through at that time, therefore, there is no traffic jams because police are not yet on duty.

Now it does seem more like a situation of bullying by cop.

Back