Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

How much difference does an Oline make? look

Grid

All Pro
____________________Att_____Att/G__Cmp___Pct___Yds____Yds/G_Lng___TDs__Int__Sck_SckY__Rate
Daunte_Culpepper_____187_____37.4__135___72.2__1766___353.2__63___18____3___3____7____127.0
Peyton_Manning_______157_____31.4__104___66.2__1321___264.2__64___14____3___3____32___114.1
Donovan_McNabb______170_____34.0__112___65.9__1377___275.4__55___9_____2___9____71___103.5
Ben_Roethlisberger_____113_____22.6__78____69.0__937____187.4__58___7_____4___7____45__100.1
David_Carr____________175_____29.2__112___64.0__1641___273.5__54___8_____5___16____88__97.8

Look at the difference between Donovan McNabb and David Carr. Interceptions and Sacks.. they go hand in hand. the more Sacks, the more pressure is being put on the QB.. the more Pressure, the more interceptions.

If Carr had the Oline of one of these teams.. he could possibly(probably) be leading the NFL right now.

Our offense is SOOOOOO CLOSE! to being a powerhouse.. if we had the Oline.. our running game would be better.. and our passing game would be unstoppable.

this FA period.. and possibly a little in the draft.. we HAVE to improve our oline.. or maybe.. we just need to really focus on improving our "rookie" olinemen. It is the final key.

yah i know.. i found it interesting that Carr was so close to Mcnabb in numbers.. but was beating him on Yards. The only difference was the Sacks and Interceptions.

Black and White proof that our Oline is the only thing holding Carr back.

After watching the Vikes last week and again last night ...... they do have one hell of an offense even w/o Moss . Culpepper seems to have all the time he wants to go thru his reads , find a reciever and let it fly .

out of curiosity did anyone see the play before the first touchdown by the vikes where moss Blatantly held the DB down (believe it was Ashley Ambrose) and the ref called holding on the DB . It was quite clear that Moss was doing the holding and Ambrose clearly trying to play the ball . Kinda makes it tough to contain that guy when not only do you have to cover him but do so with another set of rules . :popcorn:

Back to the Texans .....

It does seem a few QB's have a lot longer to go thru the reads than DC , namely Culpepper and P.Manning , not surprisingly are they two of the best statisticly.

I think are O-line is coming along fine. Yes the run blocking isn't the best right now but we are working with a new scheme this year, and we have 3 players in new positions this year. As far as new personal for next year, the only spot would be center. I think Pitts and Wand will get better every game that they play at their new position. And Wade and Wiegerts already have the right side very solid. Also sometimes the amount of time Carr isn't as good as others are the RB's ability to pick up the blitz. Plus Norris hasn't really played but one game. And it just happens to be the one Wells goes for hundred yards, so you can't discount the impact a good FB has on the Line play. :twocents:

Grid said:
____________________Att_____Att/G__Cmp___Pct___Yds____Yds/G_Lng___TDs__Int__Sck_SckY__Rate
Daunte_Culpepper_____187_____37.4__135___72.2__1766___353.2__63___18____3___3____7____127.0
Peyton_Manning_______157_____31.4__104___66.2__1321___264.2__64___14____3___3____32___114.1
Donovan_McNabb______170_____34.0__112___65.9__1377___275.4__55___9_____2___9____71___103.5
Ben_Roethlisberger_____113_____22.6__78____69.0__937____187.4__58___7_____4___7____45__100.1
David_Carr____________175_____29.2__112___64.0__1641___273.5__54___8_____5___16____88__97.8

Look at the difference between Donovan McNabb and David Carr. Interceptions and Sacks.. they go hand in hand. the more Sacks, the more pressure is being put on the QB.. the more Pressure, the more interceptions.

If Carr had the Oline of one of these teams.. he could possibly(probably) be leading the NFL right now.

Our offense is SOOOOOO CLOSE! to being a powerhouse.. if we had the Oline.. our running game would be better.. and our passing game would be unstoppable.

this FA period.. and possibly a little in the draft.. we HAVE to improve our oline.. or maybe.. we just need to really focus on improving our "rookie" olinemen. It is the final key.

This chart also proves, to those doubters, what an outstanding qb Carr has become.Put Carr behind one of those other OL and he becomes unstopable. He does a great job with the short amount of time he gets to throw the ball. Same goes to the WRs.

Where did you get those stats Grid because at ESPN.com they say that the Vikings gave up 15 sacks. Maybe I am reading it wrong.

I do agree with you Gird that the play of the line is essential and I believe that our line play will get better when Wand gets more experience and Wade gets back so some continuity can be formed between the 5...

And this is a little off topic but does anyone find Culpepper's stats over a 16 game schedule are just plain DUMB! He is on pace for 5651 yards, 72% completion rate, 9.44 yards per attempt and 58 TDs to just 10 INTs...

Give it some time....our O-line will be built and Carr will be in Culpepper's spot. We're building up nicely for just a 2 1/2 year existence. :thumbup

hmm.. your right. the stats themselves i copied from someone elses post.. and added David Carr into it.

Looks like teh Vikings Sacks is the only one he messed up.

I think our O-line continues to be a big problem when you look at the talent at the skill positions on our offense. Against the Titans, our O-line had trouble handling an all-out 4-man rush. If you can pressure with just 4 people, than you are going to be in trouble. I think we were lucky that the Titans kept on respecting our running game to keep people off of Carr. We ran the ball over 30 times after all.

If I were the Titans, I wouldn't have even played the run and just went after Carr all day, because there was no way we were going to get big yardage on the ground anyway.

Back