Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How Many Spots?

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
During the game last night it was mentioned that there were only 3 spots open on the Ravens roster. Im not real sure how that was determined.
That got me to wondering how many new faces will be on the Texans roster on opening day, and who they might be. Being a 'domer' fan I hope Duff and Earl can stick, and for some strange reason I have become a Lekerkerker fan, I suppose it has something to do with the one film clip I've seen of him doing an excellent job blocking Babin on a pass rush. :boxing:
Im not a sophisticated scout so it doesn't take much to impress me. :D
Who's your favorite new face?

The Ravens have a ton of talent and probably are set at most spots and most reserve spots. It is not uncommon for mature teams to roll into the preseason with only a few open roster spots up for grabs.

On "new faces", I need to see guys in live game action to figure them out. Even if I went to all the practices I'd have a hard time drawing conclusions. Guys are not finishing tackles and are not coming up hard to pop teammates. Even in controlled scrimmages you do not go 100% (finishing tackles and such) so it is not easy to see who is a player and who just practices well.

right V...once preseason for us starts...we'll all get to see the back-ups fighting for a spot on the roster and will be better able to make those choices...right now...i'd say earl will be on PUP list for the first couple of weeks but i see him making the team none the less...as for a player that is sparking my interest it has to be sterling...i think he's a talented player waiting to be shown off

Back