Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Houston Texans 2017 1st round pick, Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
You missed Case Keenum and RGIII
You think Watson is just another Young/Tebow/RGIII?
Never said anything about RG3/Keenum for a reason so keep them out.

Young and Tebow both won championships with character, tenacity and talent in big moments in college.

You know where that didn’t matter? The NFL. All their talent, tenacity, and character in college didn’t matter or translate because it’s too different.

I hope I don’t have to explain further.

Texansphan

All Pro
Never said anything about RG3/Keenum for a reason so keep them out.

Young and Tebow both won championships with character, tenacity and talent in big moments in college.

You know where that didn’t matter? The NFL. All their talent, tenacity, and character in college didn’t matter or translate because it’s too different.

I hope I don’t have to explain further.
You did avoid my question.
If it's too hard for you don't bother.

thunderkyss

It's good to be me... again.
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Question:

When does an athlete’s college performance no longer matter when they are in the NFL?

Year 1?
Year 2?
Year 3?
Year 4?

Never?

People hold onto DW’s college performance like OB does timeouts.
Good question. When they introduce themselves at the beginning of the game which ones don't mention their alma mater? The 5 year vets? The 10 year vets?

Or does Drew Brees still say "Purdue"after 18 NFL seasons?

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Good question. When they introduce themselves at the beginning of the game which ones don't mention their alma mater? The 5 year vets? The 10 year vets?

Or does Drew Brees still say "Purdue"after 18 NFL seasons?
Does Drew Brees or any other player quote their college stats? Do they say: I won a college NCAA title? Do they say: I passed for the most yards in my division.

No they don’t because it doesn’t matter in the NFL.

Once again: we were talking about performance stats in college and how that translates to the NFL.

It’s the same thing when I see my high school QB asking me paper or plastic and he brings up how he won the state championship. Dude - just double bag the milk. What you did in high school didn’t translate well into the real world.

Same analogy can be used for college pros vs NFL pros.

thunderkyss

It's good to be me... again.
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Does Drew Brees or any other player quote their college stats? Do they say: I won a college NCAA title? Do they say: I passed for the most yards in my division.
Does Watson?

You should PM Hookem Horns & ask him what you need to do to start your own MB.

Then you can tell people what they can & can not talk about.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Does Watson?

You should PM Hookem Horns & ask him what you need to do to start your own MB.

Then you can tell people what they can & can not talk about.
Is that supposed to put me in my place? Saying that I should go start up my own message board?

Did I ever say what people can and cannot talk about? I asked the question when does an athletes college performance no longer matter.

You obvious sensitivity and response to my question answers my question.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
So the other QBs play well at the beginning of the game?
Im just glad my QB can bring us back from the brink of elimination. Seems to have a knack for it if you will. Sometimes coaches do goofy things, and believe it or not sometimes, the other team wants to win just as bad. Falling behind by multiple scores doesnt usually end well.

We saw a historic moment not only for our franchise, but for the Bills as well .. that was the biggest come from behind loss in playoff history for them LOL and it came at the hands of Houston and one guy named Deshaun Watson, but here you go looking for kinks. LOL You cant bring me down baby .. not today! Today is dedicated to all those Watson fans who were truly Ride or Die .. he did that for us .. the rest of you were just witnesses.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I think theres a few misconceptions about the Kubiak days.

There are 3 parts of that era:

A. Kubiak building offense and defense not good enough. (See frank bush.)

B. Small window. Very small window.

C. Schaub hurt. Play calling grows stale and wade's defense loses its luster.

I like kubiak's offense -still. Ricky ruined dozens of mid round picks and topped it off with stupid contracts. I dont think Brady and the elites were the reason we didnt get there. We weren't good enough to lose to them later in the playoffs.
I liked Kubiak. But with all the complaints about the O'Brien era, seems strange to me that so many forget that during the 8-year reign of Kubiak, the Texans only managed 3 winning seasons.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
You telling me you didn't say what you said answers my question
Question:

When does an athlete’s college performance no longer matter when they are in the NFL?

Year 1?
Year 2?
Year 3?
Year 4?

Never?

People hold onto DW’s college performance like OB does timeouts.
I’m rubber, you’re glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

There is my original post and question.

Either way - you can have the last word.

Good day, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earl34

Rookie
After watching the highlights of the game below. I know Watson is still improving, learning, and making mistakes. However, when you see the highlights, some of the questions about indecisiveness, pocket presence, hitting receivers in stride or accuracy are answered in the video below. I hope with game experience and improvement by him, his teammates and coaches we get to see him develop the consistency to play like this.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
After watching the highlights of the game below. I know Watson is still improving, learning, and making mistakes. However, when you see the highlights, some of the questions about indecisiveness, pocket presence, hitting receivers in stride or accuracy are answered in the video below. I hope with game experience and improvement by him, his teammates and coaches we get to see him develop the consistency to play like this.

It was his 39th professional game. Drew Brees has played in 291.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Report: Texans Hoping to Extend Deshaun Watson's Contract This Off-Season

Patrick D. Starr
an hour ago

The Houston Texans will be working hard to find a way to extend quarterback Deshaun Watson this off-season to make sure he is entrenched in the franchise for the foreseeable future.

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain reported that the Texans would be moving that direction this off-season to see if they could get an extension completed.

The Texans are attempting to get a deal done before the Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes, who was drafted the same season as Watson. Both quarterbacks' representation will be paying close attention to each other to maximize their client's contracts. .............................

.........................This season, Watson has thrown for 3,853 yards while completing 67.3% of his passes for 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He also rushed for seven touchdowns and caught one bringing his season total to 34 total touchdowns.

Watson is entering year four of his rookie deal with the Texans in 2020, which means they would be willing to start negotiations well before his rookie contract expires.

There is no mention of a 5th year option which would have to occur by early May.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I think we really got to watch Watson going forward. OB May have just Brad Lidged him. Losing that big of game on the national stage ring might have damaged him. That loss may be in his head for a long time like the sound of Albert Pujols’ ball cracking off his bat in Brad Lidge’s head.