Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Roughnecks vs Tampa Bay Vipers

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I watched the 4th quarter of the Dallas game, and we should be able to take Dallas next week.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I watched the 4th quarter of the Dallas game, and we should be able to take Dallas next week.
All Dallas has is Jones, if we can pressure him and make him throw off balanced then our offense should be able to out score. You can look at Dallas's first game to see how they play without Jones.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The attendance for this game was down for the Roughnecks, but evidently very encouraging for the Vipers fandom. This game should feed the excitement further for Vipers fans.

*****************************************************************************************

XFL Attendance: Tampa Bay Vipers fans show up BIG TIME in their first home game
February 22, 2020
Damond Talbot

Tampa Bay Vipers fans showed up today an in their first game they had a pretty solid attendance.
The Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg area does not support the Rays (14k on average) or Buccaneers (59k on average) very well but they showed up for the Tampa Bay Vipers today. You have to keep in mind Raymond James Stadium holds 65,890 fans.
The Vipers had 18,117 in attendance for their first home game.

THE REST OF THE STORY

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
The attendance for this game was down for the Roughnecks, but evidently very encouraging for the Vipers fandom. This game should feed the excitement further for Vipers fans.

*****************************************************************************************

XFL Attendance: Tampa Bay Vipers fans show up BIG TIME in their first home game
February 22, 2020
Damond Talbot

Tampa Bay Vipers fans showed up today an in their first game they had a pretty solid attendance.
The Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg area does not support the Rays (14k on average) or Buccaneers (59k on average) very well but they showed up for the Tampa Bay Vipers today. You have to keep in mind Raymond James Stadium holds 65,890 fans.
The Vipers had 18,117 in attendance for their first home game.

THE REST OF THE STORY
Away games are going to be down for all the teams for at least this season because no one really knew if the games were going to be worth making a trip for. I expect the Dallas vs Houston game to pull some good numbers though because that's only a 3 hour drive either way.

Fact that Vipers pulled in 18k even though the team was 0-2 with very bad offense play, hadn't even scored an offensive TD, is a good sign.

Then again Tampa Bay is use to supporting crappy teams and bad offenses. :kitten:

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Hook'em your team has made lots of improvements! Good Game. If anyone cannot get interested in this Houston team you need to go golf or something.
Thanks, can't say that I am very interested in this league but it's something to watch. I was almost tempted to root for the oil derrick but I haven't lived there in almost 40 years now and the oil derrick has never been good to me. :) Permanently scarred, 35-3.

edo783

Hall of Fame
The Vipers showed a fairly stout defense and what seemed like a fairly good O-line. The Roughnecks seem to suffer from some of the same maladies that the Texans do, no pass rush and a sub-par O-line. They have a decent QB and one fair receiver. They improve the O-line play and figure out how to pressure the other QB, they will most likely win the Championship.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Had no idea as to how the game ended. It is nice to see officials admit a blunder but they could’ve brought the teams back for the final 2 seconds.

Message to the Roughnecks.....know the clock and your position on the field. Never take a knee in this situation again. Either run a play or punt it away and running a play is the least risky.

OzzO

.. and then?
Welcome to the Roughneck V TB grass snakes thread. You're looking for the Roughneck V Seattle fake grass snakes thread. That is one is over there ---------------->

:runaway::kitten: