Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Projection

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
From FootBallGuys.com:

David Carr QB 480 Att 259 Comp. 54.0% Comp %2,966 yds 6.18 ypa 16 TD's 14 INT's 36 rush 180 yards 2 TD's
Tony Banks QB 15 Att 8 Comp. 53.3% Comp % 89 yds O TD's 1 INT 2 rush 7 yds
Domanick Davis RB 277 rush 1,163 yds 4.2 ypa 7 TD's 47 rec. 338 yds 1 TD's
Tony Hollings RB 90 rush 351 yds 3.9 ypa 2 TD's 12 rec. 77 yds
Moran Norris RB 3 rush 11 yds 6 rec 36 yds
Billy Miller TE 35 rec 364 yds 3 TD's
Bennie Joppru TE 13 rec 129 yds 1 TD's
Andre Johnson WR 5 rush 15 yds 77 rec 1,078 yds 6 TD's
Corey Bradford WR 36 rec 540 yds 3 TD's
Jabar Gaffney WR 28 rec 353 yds 2 TD's
Derick Armstrong WR 7 rec 81 yds

Totals 495 att 267 comp 53.9% comp % 3,055 passing yds 16 pass TD's 15 INT's 418 rush 1,743 yds 11 TD's 267 comp 3,055 yds 16 TD's

Projections are pretty much worthless, but hey it's the off-season. Glad to see the TD's higher than the INT's but wonder where some of the #'s come from such as: why project Carr's comp % and ypa to take a step back from last year overall and way back from last year pre-injury (59.8% comp % and 7.27 ypa)? Why project basically the same ypc for DD but essentially the same # of carries (guess they think he will be injured for 1/3rd of the season) and less TD's? Why predict Gaffney becoming even less of a target? Why predict a more productive yardage offense, but less total TD's 27 than the 29 the Texans had last year?

infantrycak said:
From FootBallGuys.com:

Projections are pretty much worthless, but hey it's the off-season. Glad to see the TD's higher than the INT's but wonder where some of the #'s come from such as: why project Carr's comp % and ypa to take a step back from last year overall and way back from last year pre-injury (59.8% comp % and 7.27 ypa)? Why project basically the same ypc for DD but essentially the same # of carries (guess they think he will be injured for 1/3rd of the season) and less TD's? Why predict Gaffney becoming even less of a target? Why predict a more productive yardage offense, but less total TD's 27 than the 29 the Texans had last year?

Gaffney has to have at least 500 this year and I think Joppy will have way more than that.

Fiddy said:
I see Gaff having around 700 yards and 4 TDs

Gaffney is a good reciever. To me, he is really underestimated. With more looks this year he should have a break out year because he'll be open with the double on AJ.

Panther5407 said:
Gaffney is a good reciever. To me, he is really underestimated. With more looks this year he should have a break out year because he'll be open with the double on AJ.
Dont forget that if he stayed in school, this would be his rookie season.

Fiddy has a REAL good point. Gaffney is REAL young and is just now growing into an NFL reciever. I think he will be a very good one, maybe not an all pro, but real solid for us for a lot of years.

I think we will see Bradford have a real good year. Nothing like a contract year to increase a players concentration and effort. The question will be, do we re-sign him if he catches 60+ for ~800 Yds. and scores 8+ TDs? Be hard to cut that loose and what do you do if he reverts to the hands of stone guy after a big contract?

Back