Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hollings Impressive Early

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Hollings has been impressive this week, showing good vision and speed around the corner, as well as some receiving ability. He can trace that to the comfort he finally feels with the knee.

"It feels a whole lot better," Hollings said. "I think right now I can play a full game without my knee giving me trouble. My reaction is getting down to the point where I’m not worried about my knee."

Hollings surprised most on the team with his accelerated road to recovery last year. But ask most around the game and they'll tell you a player really doesn't feel fully recovered from an ACL until the second season back. Colts running back Edgerrin James is the most prominent recent example. And Hollings agrees.

"I understand it now," he said. "A lot of guys that I played with in college were telling me that it wasn’t going to be the same right at first. But you just have to work back into it and get better.

"I think it’s more a difference in the belief. You're really just trying not to hurt it or agitate it again. You’re kind of taking it easy. But when you get that extra time and your comfort level goes back up, you can go out and play without thinking about it."

That comfort level appears to be rising for Hollings every day. And with that comfort comes confidence.

"I don't have to think as much about what I've got to do," Hollings said. "I can make plays and play football,"
http://www.houstontexans.com/

You have to love competition. I hope that Both DD and TH get alot of carries this year. Which means we are scoring alot of points. :crazy:

Maybe we can have another scouting miracle. What if he turns out to be as good as expected after those 1st 4 college games. What if he even challenges DD for his starting spot? Then we would have 2 amazing RBs.

Combine this improvement with a solid offensive line = better results :idea:

Revamped, healthy defensive front three, playmaker added to the linebacker position, rookie stud CB & DB playing into their strengths = more wins :party:

Sounds like he is coming along nicely. Anything extra that he can bring to the team will be great. I think pre-season will tell us a lot about what Hollings is going to be able to do this year. (DD will probably not get many carries, to make sure he is ready for San Diego.)

I see the Texans using Hollings this year as a nice change of pace from the scooting and powerful DD to a take it around the end and up the field from Tony Hollings.

That is my positive mental image anyway, and the beautiful thing about the off-season......is that you cannot lose your positive image until the season starts, then perception becomes reality.......or not.

I remember John and Lance talking on SR610 and they were at one of the practices and said on one play Hollings hit the hole FAST and didnt look tenative anymore. I wouldnt be surprised if Hollings got the majority of the carries by the end of the season.

Fiddy said:
I remember John and Lance talking on SR610 and they were at one of the practices and said on one play Hollings hit the hole FAST and didnt look tenative anymore. I wouldnt be surprised if Hollings got the majority of the carries by the end of the season.

I think that they would use him as more of a change of pace RB than a starter. He would have to do extremely well to get the majority of the carries, but I could see us using both of our RBs kinda like Philly did last year.

Look at how the Eagles used Brian Westbrook last year. He got about 10 carries a game and was explosive in semi-limited duty. He brought explosiveness to a backfield that was otherwise workman-like with Staley and Buckhalter.

I see Hollings being our Westbrook...minus the punt returns.

Back