Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hey guys. Pats fan here with some stadium questions.

Modest

Practice Squad
Hey guys. I've gone from loosely considering blowing WAY too much money for a nosebleed seat to actually be at the game on Sunday. What was maybe a 10% chance is snowballing into 40-50 as more people talk me into it and some online friends offered to put me up for a night or two in Houston.

The thing is I am clueless on Houston and the stadium and need advice. I've only attended 1 NFL game and that was last year because someone had some spare tickets (Panther's Saints because its local- I'm in SC). Are there any straight up bad seats at the stadium? Is there still a decent view even in the upper sections? My budget is 2800-3200$ to get in the door. The main influencing factor for me is how much Ill enjoy the view from the seat I can afford. I'm doing the drive in a single day and have some friends to stay with once I'm in Houston. However, past that is there rail access directly to the stadium? How much lead time do I need before I head out to the stadium to actually get in if I'm 20 miles out? 3 hours? 5? What are the best online ticket retailers? From what I've seen so far you have two types- the ones that advertise one price and then add hundreds of dollars of fees and others that are up front with the pricing. Are there any hidden costs I am overlooking?

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Pats fan here too. Welcome.

Personally, I hate the views from the top level. I get free tickets all the time to games that I pass on, because I just don't enjoy the game experience being way up there and looking down so far. Others seem to be perfectly fine with it, so everyone has their own perception on that.

You'd probably be better off looking for a parking spot close to the stadium and getting an uber or a taxi to drop you off. I wouldn't want to fight the traffic personally.

If you need some help with tix, send me a PM and I'll find out my buddy's company name as he is a ticket broker that always has SB tix.

austins23

Hall of Fame
Not really a bad seat (view) in the building. Like Texecutioner mentioned above though, personal preference. I'd shoot for 5 hours before. Traffic will be just stupid. Security to get in will be the same. My kid brother went to the SB in Arlington a few years back. Said it was miserable, the getting in, parking, crowds, etc. Uber or taxi it your best bet.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Hey guys. I've gone from loosely considering blowing WAY too much money for a nosebleed seat to actually be at the game on Sunday. What was maybe a 10% chance is snowballing into 40-50 as more people talk me into it and some online friends offered to put me up for a night or two in Houston.

However, past that is there rail access directly to the stadium? How much lead time do I need before I head out to the stadium to actually get in if I'm 20 miles out? 3 hours? 5?
You need to find out if there is Park-N-Ride service close to your friends' place. That's a good way to get to the stadium without having to deal with all the traffic yourself.

Also, here's a link from the Super Bowl folks regarding transportation options

http://www.housuperbowl.com/transportation#public-transportation

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
You need to find out if there is Park-N-Ride service close to your friends' place. That's a good way to get to the stadium without having to deal with all the traffic yourself.

Also, here's a link from the Super Bowl folks regarding transportation options

http://www.housuperbowl.com/transportation#public-transportation

When have I denied it or tried to hide it? If the Texans are the only team you've ever followed or had admiration for then I feel pretty bad for you honestly. If rooting for Houston teams wasn't in my blood the way it is, I would have abandoned Bob Mcnair a long time ago. It seems to russle your jimmies a little. :bigboss:

RickInHouston

Practice Squad
I went to the last Super Bowl in NRG. Janet Jackson. Pat's win. Was in the front row of the very upper deck. Good seats. Didn't really feel a part of it so high up. I would skip it, if I were you. Just a bunch of hype. Sorry I'm saying that to you. My ticket was $500. My friend knew the head ticket guy for the Texans and got them for us.