Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Head Coach Candidate (Lovie Smith Hired) 2/7/22

Saw an article last night about Culley and Flores being fired for a reason. Culley was to open the HC position and Flores to be hired seeing he knows Watson. And apparently Watson likes him.

Thoughts? True/False?

Hey fella it's just one game. Noticed you didn't include the GOAT in your rejection of the Pats coaching staff did you ?

If Belichick said I want that job down on Kirby tomorrow, Tex would say dont hire him because he got blew out his last game. His dislike of all things Foxboro is showing through like a shining light. It's not the people that are coming from Foxboro. It's the hatred of excellence. (Well it could be the people too? LOL)

Why isn't DeMeco Ryans an option?

Is it because he doesn't have some Patriots tie so the management doesn't have some fetish for him?
DeMeco would be my pick but it's because I loved him as a player. He's a great leader and I don't doubt he would make a great Head Coach.

Look, this isn't about the rebuild. This is about the replication. Turning this franchise into a mirror image of Foxboro. From the GM, to the head coach, to the spirit guide, to the ball boy. No room for outsiders.
They can have a spitting image replica but all that’s missing is Brady and Belichick. That’s like having a corvette chassis and interior with a yugo engine and transmission.

Look, this isn't about the rebuild. This is about the replication. Turning this franchise into a mirror image of Foxboro. From the GM, to the head coach, to the spirit guide, to the ball boy. No room for outsiders.
Nailed it! This group doesn't know anything else.

Thought for sure I would have woke up this morning seeing reports of McDaniels being spotted at IAH.
McDaniels had stated that he would not interview until the Patriots were out of the playoffs..............and

“I don’t know that it’s that, as much as it has to be perfect,” Rapoport said of McDaniels’s past in an interview on WEEI’s “Gresh and Keefe.” “First of all, with him, people are not going to request him unless they know he’s going to take the interview and is very interested in the job. He’s not – like Brian Callahan, the offensive coordinator for the Bengals, good young coach, very well respected, will probably take any interview he gets.

“Josh McDaniels is obviously not like that, so I think his lack of requests is probably as much due to anything as much as you’re only going to request him if you’re basically going to hire him. Otherwise, you’re not going to go all the way down the road. I think for him, the process is different from basically any other candidate.”
LINK

Obviously, I know that. The important portion of my post came from the link following "and."

You mean this little note

As for teams that could possibly go after McDaniels, Wilson mentions the Bears, Vikings, and Giants as teams that have “significant interest.” However, Wilson writes that McDaniels “is not expected to pursue a job” with the Texans.

They can have a spitting image replica but all that’s missing is Brady and Belichick. That’s like having a corvette chassis and interior with a yugo engine and transmission.
No. It’s more like having the chassis & looking for an engine.

Most likely they’re not going to find a Brady & we’re not going to win 6 Super Bowls. But right now, I’m just looking for an AFCCG appearance.

The Texans would have no interest in hiring Flores as HC. More likely the meeting/interview was to feel out the possibility of pushing a future potential trade for Watson if/when Flores finds a landing spot as a HC and if Watson isn't wearing an orange jump suit.

Flores interview was onlne.
Out of curiousity. If that was the purpose of the meeting. Why do you think they would even announce the interview/meeting? They already have other candidates that would meet the Rooney rule.

Out of curiousity. If that was the purpose of the meeting. Why do you think they would even announce the interview/meeting? They already have other candidates that would meet the Rooney rule.
The Rooney Rule has nothing to do with it. But why would they not announce the interview? Perfect quise to discuss anything. The content of the interview is no less or more likely to be leaked than one that was not announced, if it were going to be leaked.

The Rooney Rule has nothing to do with it. But why would they not announce the interview? Perfect quise to discuss anything. The content of the interview is no less or more likely to be leaked than one that was not announced, if it were going to be leaked.
When you consider they could simply pick up the phone and call Flores. I'm just not getting the point of an interview that wasn't an interview that might be a meeting that was announced but they don't plan to hire Flores and they discussed his future plans that might include Watson. All of this misdirection for subterfuge.

Obviously, you and others think it makes perfect sense. I'll just drop the subject and add it to my list of things that is posted regarding the Texans that makes me scratch my head.

When you consider they could simply pick up the phone and call Flores. I'm just not getting the point of an interview that wasn't an interview that might be a meeting that was announced but they don't plan to hire Flores and they discussed his future plans that might include Watson.
I can see Flores taking the interview, trying to increase the urgency of the other teams that are pursuing him.

So it doesn’t look like a Rooney rule candidate

Where/Who said that the Texans didn't interview Flores? I know he had a Zoom interview with Caserio the day after Culley was cut out of here, but who is saying it wasn't an interview?
And if one of these hacks did report that, where does it say that thats set in stone? It wouldn't be the first time that one of these guys put out info that was less than accurate. Just sayin'....

So, McDaniels is like a Hollywood Diva, he doesn't have to interview for the part. Thinks he's a Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts or a Meryl Streep.

"However, Wilson writes that McDaniels “is not expected to pursue a job” with the Texans. "
I wouldn't want McDaniels, he's never been successful when away from Belichick. I'd rather have Flores who we know has been successful out on his own.

Back