Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Have A Question?

CaptainPatriot

Waterboy
Who do you think will have the most yards this year DD or Tony Hollings? :hmmm:
Remember Tony was recovering from Knee Surgery last season. Just a thought :tiptoe:

DD... even if Tony does well behind him, this is DD's until he shows he cant do it. '05 may be another story though

Barring injury, this is a slam dunk. Davis was nothing short of outstanding in his rookie season, routinely running over and through tackles. He's shown that he belongs. Hollings has not.

Davis will get the bulk of the carries (as well as catch his share of passes) and I believe his personal goal of 2000 rushing yards is an attainable one. Having said that, I believe and hope that Hollings will flash some magic for us a few times this season.

I would love for the both of them to have the same success that Thurman Thomas and Ken Davis of the Buffalo Bills had. With a Super Bowl victory of course though.

If you are wondering for the sake of Fantasy Football, I'm guessing that D.D. will be a 2nd RB for someone (in a 12 team league). He should be a mid-to-late 2nd rounder or possibly an early 3rd rounder.

I have a feeling after the improvements we made on the o-line,and another year under Carr and co. belts./Our running/passing game should really fire up.D.D will be the man this year...I am thinking 1500 yards.My 2 cents (Come on football season...I am suffering Major Withdrawls) eek:

Txnpride said:
I have a feeling after the improvements we made on the o-line,and another year under Carr and co. belts./Our running/passing game should really fire up.D.D will be the man this year...I am thinking 1500 yards.My 2 cents (Come on football season...I am suffering Major Withdrawls) eek:

If I'm not mistaken, the first training camps open one week from today!!!
:jumpbanan :party:

If I'm not mistaken, the first training camps open one week from today!!!

That's great!! I am ready for some Texans' football!! Maybe we can start getting some real coverage from the Chronicle!

BTW - I meant ANY training camp, not the Texans. I think they open around next weekend. Still close!

I have two reasons that I think D.D. won't get 1500 yards:

1. Tony Hollings - I think he replaces D.D about 10 plays a game. That will keep D.D. with fresh legs but it will take yardage away from him.

2. More emphasis on the passing game - the Texans ran a ton of draws and run plays on 3rd and 4th and long situations. They were forced to do so often because the defense was ravenged by injuries. I don't see us running nearly as often in those "long" situations this season.

Also, with an ever improving line, some offensive stability, and depth everywhere, I think we can let lose a bit more. I expect Hollings to get about 400-500 yards rushing and D.D. to only have around 1,200 when it is all over.

Without a Doubt it will be DD , Hollings has a bit of a problem holdnig onto the ball and as long as DC is coach and he continues to put it on the ground he wont see many carrys

I think Hollings will get more action than many of you think. I think we will see Hollings in packages where we take advantage of his strengths depending on the defense we face. Last year was not a fair evaluation period since he was still in the back-side of rehab.

I agree Vinny. I was being conservative in my breakdown. I don't think we have even seen the real Tony Hollings yet.

I agree. Times are changing, and running back by committee is the wave of the future. Fewer and few backs can handle the full time load. And even if they can, why would you want to ruin your feature back. 1200 yds, and 14 TDs.

TheOgre said:
I have two reasons that I think D.D. won't get 1500 yards:

1. Tony Hollings - I think he replaces D.D about 10 plays a game. That will keep D.D. with fresh legs but it will take yardage away from him.

2. More emphasis on the passing game - the Texans ran a ton of draws and run plays on 3rd and 4th and long situations. They were forced to do so often because the defense was ravenged by injuries. I don't see us running nearly as often in those "long" situations this season.

Also, with an ever improving line, some offensive stability, and depth everywhere, I think we can let lose a bit more. I expect Hollings to get about 400-500 yards rushing and D.D. to only have around 1,200 when it is all over.

I like your Reasons TheOgre! I think they should do more screen passes to DD. When the Patriots where in town they ran alot of screens for Kevin Fualk he gained alot of yards. DD is a better running back than KF! Get DD in the open in 1 on 1 situtations with DB's while staying away from the big D line men :hmmm: He can last longer! Bring on the Training Camp!!!! :spot:

Hoping the o-line is strong, healthy and up to big challenges this year ...
because I'm looking forward to seeing DD, AJ and DC shine.

Back