Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Greg Randall

done88

Waterboy
ESPN said:
OT Greg Randall (San Francisco): Kind of the Rodney Dangerfield of offensive linemen left in free agency. The guy is only 26 years old, has 39 career starts, has never missed a game because of injury, and was flagged for only three penalties in 16 starts for Houston last season. The 49ers signed him this spring and then dumped him six weeks later. He might be better than any of the three candidates Dallas will trot out for the right tackle job in camp. Not a great player but, for a minimum salary, a good insurance policy.

Should the Texans resign him for depth? He knows the system and was fair to decent last year. I think he could help buid depth on the O line. idonno:

The big question is why the 49's dumped him so quickly?

The Jury is still out on Seth Wand. Although they say the guy has looked good in the offseason......It is the offseason. I look great without pads, but let the hitting begin and I'm sure things will look a little different. Sign Randall. If Wand looks good through drills, the preseason, and we feel he's going to be a mojor contributor, cut Randall and move on towards Texan Greatness!

He didn't impress me too much. I think we are fine without him. Let him take his poor work ethic somewhere else.

i wasnt impressed with him either. why sign him? we have enough depth in the ol, and why would he sign? somewhere else he has a better chance to start or at least contribute.

:bag:

(i am bag man for a day.)

This guy is a total mystery to me. I got the distinct impression that we wanted
to resign him, but he didn't want to return. And just like the ESPN article said,
he was steady for us all year. Just like the year only a couple seasons ago when
he started every game in regular season, playoffs, right thru the SB with the
Pats. SB starter - that makes for a pretty impressive line on the resume.
I also read in several places where he was more or less rated on the same level
as Todd Wade. But he must have a real attitude problem, know he got in the "dog house" with the Pats' coach for having a KFC, Popeyes, etc. type problem.

Last I had heard, the Rams had signed him. I will try to confirm that...

edit - I think that may have been Ryan Schau I was thinking of.

I think any chance that Randall had resigning with us was blown when we signed Marcus Spears (I think thats it). Spears seems like an upgrade over him anyway just a little older.

I think that if the Texans had seen anything at all in Randall they would have been happy to keep him. They didn't and so, they didn't. All the potential in the world won't keep him in a job if he's not willing to put in the effort to go along with it. He's going to be a short term solution for any team. I just don't think we need him except possibly as competition in camp and that can be had cheaper than Randall.

well if you look at our offensive tackles right now our starters are seth wand and todd wade...back ups are pitts and spears with dawson, jones, and a long list of unknowns following them...personally i would like to see us try and re-sign randall because he is a solid back up and knows the system

Back